Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taser cited as PRIMARY cause of death

Taser cited as PRIMARY cause of death

Well it was bound to happen sooner or later. A medical examiner has cited the Taser as the PRIMARY cause of death in a recent incident. The meth that the scumbag was on was only cited as a contributing factor. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? To my knowledge, this is the first case where the Taser has been listed as the actual cause of death. So now the parents or family of the "poor, misunderstood, honest, hardworking individual that was doing so well, and in the process of turning his life around" will of course go and sue the LE agency, and of course Taser. Give me a break. The drugs are what caused his death, not the Taser. If he was not breaking the law, he would not have been tased. Okay... I am done venting now.
    In law enforcement, the customer is ALWAYS wrong.

In God we trust. Everyone else is run through NCIC.

Sometimes there is justice. Sometimes there is just us.

I'd rather be tried by 12 then carried by 6.

The opinions given in my posts do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only.

If they git rid of the Taser, we will just go back to dealing with them like be did before the taser.

Comment

I wonder how much the pathologist was paid to come to that conclusion.
      Bill Cosby: Stewie, what do you think candy is made out of?
      Stewie Griffin: Sunshine and farts! What the hell kind of question is that?!

Comment

Even in the situation in the article, it was a lethal force situation. If someone was trying to bite me, I'd shoot them with a gun. This guy was lucky enough to at least have a chance with the taser.

Even in the article, the ME says it was the taser combined with drug use. The taser alone was not the cause of death, as usual. The media just has to put their spin on it.

I promise you if they didn't have tasers, the officers probably would have just shot the guy, he'd be dead, and no one would have ever known the difference. If the media reported it at all, it would just be another entry on the police blotter or obits.

The media makes me sick.
        You have no right to not be offended.-Neal Boortz

Comment

Have there ever been any deaths after using a taser where the bad guy didn't have lethal levels of one or more drugs in his system?

Comment

Carty.... as of this time, not to my knowledge.
            In law enforcement, the customer is ALWAYS wrong.

In God we trust. Everyone else is run through NCIC.

Sometimes there is justice. Sometimes there is just us.

I'd rather be tried by 12 then carried by 6.

The opinions given in my posts do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only.

Comment

Why don't they look at all the times where tasers have diffused situations where lethal force would of been necessary?

Comment

now you know better than that

Comment

An autopsy found Hasse had .55 micrograms of methamphetamine per milliliter in his blood _ just above what is considered a lethal level.
                  Um, I may not be too bright, but wouldn't having a lethal amount of meth cause someone to die unexpectedly? I've seen my share of drug related deaths, and none were caused by a taser.

Comment

I am sure that Taser will be all over this and defend thier product.
                    No man is justified in doing evil on the grounds of expediency. - Theodore Roosevelt, The Strenuous Life: Essays and Addresses (1900)

Comment

How do you get a "57 second charge" from a gun that works in 5 second cycles? Makes me wonder (among MANY other things) how valid any party of the report is?

Comment

Ok...lets look at this from another angle....

IF (and I don't think it would happen) ....tasers were banned for use in LE....how long do you think it would take for those in LE to revert back to old school methods...and bring back saps etc?

While I"m sure the first generation of teens to reach adulthood would have more respect for authority than those we have now....I suspect they would suddenly prefer the taser...don't you?

An impressionable child in a tumultuous world, and they say I'm at a difficult stage... --Meat Loaf

Professional Stupidity Recognition Technician

Comment

Originally posted by zap
                          Ok...lets look at this from another angle....

IF (and I don't think it would happen) ....tasers were banned for use in LE....how long do you think it would take for those in LE to revert back to old school methods...and bring back saps etc?

While I"m sure the first generation of teens to reach adulthood would have more respect for authority than those we have now....I suspect they would suddenly prefer the taser...don't you?

that aint no lie,,we had an old captain, who i would rather be shot by than smacked with his slap jack, he was a ninja with that thing.

Comment

Originally posted by gotthblues
                            that aint no lie,,we had an old captain, who i would rather be shot by than smacked with his slap jack, he was a ninja with that thing.

LOL I have heard those stories. I was never in trouble...so don't know first hand. Some of the guys I know were telling me about saps being used in the old school method of policing. What did you call me?? WHACK!

They said it tended to be very efficient as well!!
                            An impressionable child in a tumultuous world, and they say I'm at a difficult stage... --Meat Loaf

Professional Stupidity Recognition Technician

Comment

i think it was more like *kerr splaaat*, the last two weeks of his tour he didnt carry his sidearm (it was in the car), he just had his slapper in his back pocket.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5443 users online. 310 members and 5133 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X