Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any Federal Protection Officers Out There .

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Federal Protection Officers Out There .

I Was Thinking About Applying To Become A Federal Police Officer . Would Appreciate Feed Back From Any Current Or Past Federal Police Officers Regarding The Application And Hiring Process .
    Last edited by pateshane; 08-01-2005, 07:05 PM.
    STAND FOR SOMETHING OR FALL FOR ANYTHING .

Do you have experience or are you looking at going in entry level?
    Guns don't kill people. Chuck Norris kills People.

Comment

With what agency? Each agency is different.

Washingtonian, I still havent recieved word back from the fellow I know at NIH.
      I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

I Have Experience In Corrections So I Guess It Would Be Entry Level . To Answer Orlando Feds Question The Federal Protection Agency . The Police Force In Charge Of Protecting Federal Goverment Buildings .

Comment

It seems like the FPS generally hires from within the government, it seems pretty difficult to get in from the outside. Every once in a while they'll have an opening on www.usajobs.gov

Comment

Well Lets See I Placed A Application In To The B.o.p. So After A Few Years Would I Be Able To Transfer ? I Was Wondering If The Goverment Had A Latteral Transfer Program , What Agency Are You With ?

Comment

Do you mean the Federal Protective Service?

You can transfer from the BOP to FPS however it would mean being accepted by FPS. There is no such thing as an automatic transfer without being selected. Your firing will be a big hurdle to overcome and your grammer (dont start each word with a capital letter) will determine whether or not HR will even grade your resume.

Also FPS does not protect every federal building. They protect facilities owned and leased by the General services administration and a few others. There is an FPS officer on board who can give you a better understanding of the agency and its mission.
              I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

Check usajobs website. For the time being, FPS isn't hiring full scale but have been hiring every now and then......I have been waiting for 2 years to get a school date.....and have since moved on because I am sure I will have to re-apply. Since they moved them to DHS, they don't have any money now.
                Rumor is that in the next year or so, they will be hiring a bunch of folks......

Comment

USAJOBS just posted an FPS opening in NYC.

Comment

Originally posted by Washingtonian
                    USAJOBS just posted an FPS opening in NYC.
                    And for Lakewood Colorado. They have posted the Lakewood one several times....not sure if they aren't getting good enough applicants or if they need more people.

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcatz06
                      And for Lakewood Colorado. They have posted the Lakewood one several times....not sure if they aren't getting good enough applicants or if they need more people.
                      I'm still not seeing the CO one. Usajobs is strange sometimes, a job won't come up one time but will later.

Comment

I have two friends who work for FPS, one in Seattle and one in Portland.

The way things are going right now, if a chief of station wants you, he can get you.

That being said, most of the people being hired right now are being brought in from other police departments, and military special operations personnel. Both my friends were Rangers in B Co, 2/75 at Ft. Lewis.
                        Last edited by 4Victor12; 08-01-2005, 07:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Washingtonian
                          I'm still not seeing the CO one. Usajobs is strange sometimes, a job won't come up one time but will later.
                          It's for status candidates or special hires (like VEOA).

http://jobsearch.usajobs.opm.gov/get...4&SUBMIT1.y=18

The NYC one is open to all US Citizens but has provisions to hire under status or special hires. But, it looks like to get the GS-07 position (the minimum they are hiring at), you must have at least 1 year of LE experience.

Just some thoughts if you want to apply....

Comment

i am trying

to get into FPS from another agency. I have friends in FPS and they are looking to hire in 06. At least Major hiring in 06.

Comment

One of my best friends (Best Man at my wedding) has been an FPO for 16 years, assigned to Albany, Boston, and now Portland, Maine. By his own admission, he's been little more than a glorified security guard the entire time.
                              Talk sense to a fool, and he will call you foolish - Euripides

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4200 users online. 259 members and 3941 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X