• Show
Clear All

• Scariest 'horror' movies?

What are your favorites? Here's my list:

House on Haunted Hill

Halloween

Hellraiser

Cube
    "When you guys get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a *****."
    -Commanding General, 1st Marine Division

Nothing I've ever seen has been more frightening than The Exorcist.

Comment

The original "Nightmare on Elm Street" was pretty scary, then they just got lame.Same with "Friday the 13th" Once the sequal start coming, it starts to get predictable. But then again,I'm not really that much into horror flicks,(unless you count my wedding video from my first mariage. Still gives me nightmares. [Eek!] )

[ 10-06-2002, 07:22 PM: Message edited by: Mortal Knight ]

Comment

Halloween scared me half to death. To me, Michael Myers was the creepiest psycho SOB.

Comment

House on Haunted Hill
          The Haunting (the original)
          The Exorcist
          Sixth Sense
          The Mothman Proficies

There's my list.
          If we're not supposed to eat animals, why are they made out of meat?

Comment

Stephen King's "Salem's Lot"

the first "Halloween"

The Exorcist
            "You did what you knew how to do...and when you knew better, you did better." ~~Maya Angelou

Comment

"Glitter" starring Mariah (S)Carey!!! [Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!]

It is not even close for me...THE EXORCIST is the #1 scariest.

Why? It felt so "real" because most of us have been raised with (some degree) of religon and knew all about the....well you know of who I'm referring. If you were young when you saw it, you crapped a volkswagon fearing you-know-who was coming for you next. [Eek!]

I would've been just as scared if the bible made references to a hockey masked wearing mute OR a knife clawed guy wearing a Linus shirt and an old fedora.

[ 10-06-2002, 11:10 PM: Message edited by: BRICKCOP ]
              Disclaimer: The writer does not represent any organization, employer, entity or other individual. The first amendment protected views/commentary/opinions/satire expressed are those only of the writer. In the case of a sarcastic, facetious, nonsensical, stirring-the-pot, controversial or devil's advocate-type post, the views expressed may not even reflect those of the writer.

Comment

My wedding video. [Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!]

Comment

quote:
                  Originally posted by 10mmMike:
                  My wedding video. [Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!]

Why? What's the rating? [Eek!]
                  [Wink]
                  If we're not supposed to eat animals, why are they made out of meat?

Comment

KC...

He said WEDDING video, not HONEYMOON....LOL
                    "When you guys get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a *****."

Comment

Salem's Lot because it was the first "true" scary movie that I ever saw. I can still remember that scene with the full moon/skull. [Eek!] [Eek!] That scared me to death (well, almost)!

The Exorcist because it is my husband's favorite movie and I am forced to watch as he rewinds all of the truly scary scenes! [Eek!]

[ 10-07-2002, 02:28 AM: Message edited by: GRACE ]
                      "Life breaks us all and afterwards some are strong at the broken places."
                      --Ernest Hemingway, A Farewell to Arms

Comment

quote:
                        Originally posted by BRICKCOP:
                        "Glitter" starring Mariah (S)Carey!!! [Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!]

I think one of the funniest (for a horror movie) line in recent years was in (I think) Scream 2 when the bad guy asks "What's the scariest movie you ever saw?"

The answer: Showgirls [Eek!]

Comment

Showgirls? Oh, yeah...with Gina Gershon. Yummmm......

BTW....what was scary about it?

Comment

I went to see The Blairwitch Project when it first came out, before all the hype about it, so I really didn't know what to expect. I have to say, it scared the he11 out of me. But, after the media blew it all out of proportion, it pretty much su*ked.
                            I also thoought "Fallen" was pretty scary.
                            In valor there is hope - Tacitus

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4610 users online. 247 members and 4363 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X