• Show
Clear All

• Resq14
    replied
    Originally posted by UA2k1GT
    i'm pretty sure he means the middle east

you could always visit www.goarmy.com and find out how to get your own pair
    lol

I had a $100 pair of Oakley's for a couple years... went out the window one day when I had them restign on the dash and I took a hard corner... and were splatted by a car behind me.

I still went out and got another pair though, polarized this time. Not cheap at $150, but they are tough as nails, provided you don't place them in front of oncoming traffic...

I wear contacts under mine to avoid the whole prescription sunglasses hassle.

Leave a comment:

• letshearit4blue
    replied
    I went to price out those magnetic sunglass clip-ons today, and man those are expensive.
    $200+, and that's without the lenses!

I think I'll just buy a hat.

Leave a comment:

• badger
    replied
    Originally posted by letshearit4blue
    Like the clip-ons?
    Same idea, but they don't have that obnoxious spring crap at the top. They use magnets to hold them in place using the screws for the temple pieces I believe. Either that, or you buy a set of frames with the miniature magnets in about the same location. You have to look real closely to tell they are not RX sunglasses. He does a lot of horseback riding, and plays sports with them on as well and they have never fallen off. Or you could go with the RX glasses that change darkness levels as light increases or decreases.

Leave a comment:

• Darkwulfe
    replied
    Wal-Mart fishing section all the way... get a pair of $10 polarized glasses that are "supposed" to do the same thing. I have lost or broken so many pairs on duty it's not worth it to splurge on something trendy.

Leave a comment:

• UA2k1GT
    replied
    Originally posted by DOGCHOW
    Help a brother cop out..... What Sandbox???? could you please provide a web address???? Thanks
    i'm pretty sure he means the middle east

you could always visit www.goarmy.com and find out how to get your own pair

Leave a comment:

• DOGCHOW
    replied
    Originally posted by jrothen4
    Oakley Five's. $30 in the sandbox. $70 from Galls. God I love it.

Help a brother cop out..... What Sandbox???? could you please provide a web address???? Thanks

Leave a comment:

• KenW.
    replied
    Don't be offended, I'd take glock or sig off them too. I am definately anti-S&W.

Leave a comment:

• letshearit4blue
    replied
    Originally posted by KenW.
    Go to a safety supply and get some impact resistant shooting glasses for about 7 bucks. Mine have a Smith & Wesson logo on them. Just use a sharpy and obliterate it. They come in all colors / tints.
    Why would you take the logo off???

Leave a comment:

• KenW.
    replied
    Go to a safety supply and get some impact resistant shooting glasses for about 7 bucks. Mine have a Smith & Wesson logo on them. Just use a sharpy and obliterate it. They come in all colors / tints.

Leave a comment:

• Contact
    replied
    I would never buy anything expensive enough to ruin my day if they get sat on/lost/scratched. It's just silly to.

Leave a comment:

• jrothen4
    replied
    Oakley Five's. $30 in the sandbox. $70 from Galls. God I love it.

Leave a comment:

• letshearit4blue
    replied
    Originally posted by badger
    My dad has the magnetic sunglass lenses that go over his RX lenses. Worth looking to for you.
    Like the clip-ons?

Leave a comment:

• BrickCop
    replied
    Add me to the Wal Mart crew...

I prefer the polarized fishing ones- they run me about $6 to $12 bucks.

Leave a comment:

• badger
    replied
    Originally posted by letshearit4blue
    Does anyone know of nice-looking sunglasses that fit over perscription glasses? Hopefully meant to fit over them...
    I don't want to have to buy clip-ons, and perscription sunglasses cost too much.
    My dad has the magnetic sunglass lenses that go over his RX lenses. Worth looking to for you.

Native Sunglasses I have the DashSS and love them. I've had them for over 2 years, have sat on them numerous times, and generally abused them. They have minor scratches on the lenses, but nothing that has impaired their usability. The nose pad just broke loose after all this time. I thinking about getting another pair so I don't have to go without them while these are being fixed.

Leave a comment:

• Drunkcop
    replied
    The probability of losing / breaking your sunglasses is directly proportional to the purchase price.

Wal-Mart, here I come!
    Last edited by Drunkcop; 08-01-2005, 03:55 PM. Reason: Because I cannot spell worth a crap.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2767 users online. 185 members and 2582 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X