Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As much as I love having polarized sunglasses, I feel I should warn you.

If you buy polarized sunglasses, do not wear them on winter days or the tell-tale glare from ice on the road won't be there for you to see.

Comment

well im not a leo, but I would go with the oakleys, thats what is really battle tested, the soldiers use them and most importantly SF also, they run pretty expensive, but if you happen to make a trip to the middle east you can get some foakleys pretty cheap, or I hear they are less expensive online, or you could always go with what everyone else says go get the 9$ pair at walmart and have an everlasting supply that is cheap.
      Baltimore Police Dept

Written/PAT- 10/21/12-Pass
      Written Psych- 10/22/12- Pass
      BI Interview/Polygraph/Psyc - 12/5/12
      Physical -TBD

Comment

Does anyone know of nice-looking sunglasses that fit over perscription glasses? Hopefully meant to fit over them...
        I don't want to have to buy clip-ons, and perscription sunglasses cost too much.
        Well life is too short so love the one ya got cuz ya might get run over or ya might get shot.

Comment

I have a pair of polarized Oakleys, they are fantastic. They were expensive too, so don't get a pair if you think there's a good chance you'll break/lose them.

Comment

i have no idea of costs but there are prescription sunglasses also you could think of Contacts and then shades over them
            Baltimore Police Dept

Written/PAT- 10/21/12-Pass
            Written Psych- 10/22/12- Pass
            BI Interview/Polygraph/Psyc - 12/5/12
            Physical -TBD

Comment

I sold Sunglasses at a fancy boutique at the Galleria shopping center in Houston...many moons ago.
              The first rule of thumb for selling expensive sunglasses is to tell the customer that sunglasses that are cheap cause irreversable damage to the eyes.

Its all lies.

In reality, one only needs UV protection and a lens that does not have squiggly lines that you can be seen looking at them or through them. That, over time can cause some strain to your eyes.... Choosing a good color of lens for your environment is good to do...the level of darkness depends on the persons needs or desires. If you can afford a pair in the 200-300 dollar range and dont care if they get lost or busted..get em...they usualy look good.

I sold a pair of Jean Paul Gautier sunglasses for 750 dollars once. They were ugly as sin and I could get more UV protection from a Glass Bottle. But the man wearing the Rolex and sn***y suit wanted to make his pre-teen child happy. I just wanted her out of the store because her whining was grating on my nerves.

Comment

The probability of losing / breaking your sunglasses is directly proportional to the purchase price.

Wal-Mart, here I come!
                Last edited by Drunkcop; 08-01-2005, 03:55 PM. Reason: Because I cannot spell worth a crap.
                "Patrolling the Idiocracy"

Comment

Originally posted by letshearit4blue
                  Does anyone know of nice-looking sunglasses that fit over perscription glasses? Hopefully meant to fit over them...
                  I don't want to have to buy clip-ons, and perscription sunglasses cost too much.
                  My dad has the magnetic sunglass lenses that go over his RX lenses. Worth looking to for you.

Native Sunglasses I have the DashSS and love them. I've had them for over 2 years, have sat on them numerous times, and generally abused them. They have minor scratches on the lenses, but nothing that has impaired their usability. The nose pad just broke loose after all this time. I thinking about getting another pair so I don't have to go without them while these are being fixed.
                  " (T)o preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them.... " Richard Henry Lee, 1788

Comment

Add me to the Wal Mart crew...

I prefer the polarized fishing ones- they run me about $6 to $12 bucks.
                    Disclaimer: The writer does not represent any organization, employer, entity or other individual. The first amendment protected views/commentary/opinions/satire expressed are those only of the writer. In the case of a sarcastic, facetious, nonsensical, stirring-the-pot, controversial or devil's advocate-type post, the views expressed may not even reflect those of the writer.

Comment

Originally posted by badger
                      My dad has the magnetic sunglass lenses that go over his RX lenses. Worth looking to for you.
                      Like the clip-ons?
                      Well life is too short so love the one ya got cuz ya might get run over or ya might get shot.

Comment

Oakley Five's. $30 in the sandbox. $70 from Galls. God I love it.

Comment

I would never buy anything expensive enough to ruin my day if they get sat on/lost/scratched. It's just silly to.
                          A true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.

-GK Chesterton

Comment

Go to a safety supply and get some impact resistant shooting glasses for about 7 bucks. Mine have a Smith & Wesson logo on them. Just use a sharpy and obliterate it. They come in all colors / tints.
                            I am concerned for the security of our great Nation; not so much because of any threat from without, but because of the insidious forces working from within.

Douglas MacArthur

Comment

Originally posted by KenW.
                              Go to a safety supply and get some impact resistant shooting glasses for about 7 bucks. Mine have a Smith & Wesson logo on them. Just use a sharpy and obliterate it. They come in all colors / tints.
                              Why would you take the logo off???

Comment

Don't be offended, I'd take glock or sig off them too. I am definately anti-S&W.
                                I am concerned for the security of our great Nation; not so much because of any threat from without, but because of the insidious forces working from within.

Douglas MacArthur

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2502 users online. 164 members and 2338 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X