300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A poem

This poem was sent to me by someone who is very dear to me in the Philadelphia Police Dept, Tony L. With his permission, I am posting it here. It was inspired as he left his daughter's party one night, and on other times when he would get called out.

I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

Questions

Why do you put that thing over your heart
    Before each tour of duty, you do start?

Why do you work so much
    And miss my parties and such?

When I go to bed at night, most of the time you away
    I hope you will be home soon, and this time you must stay!

Why are the bad guys the ones that you chase
    Is it to make our world a much safer place?

What is the title of your job, is it Agent, Sheriff or Cop?
    If it is any of these law enforcement people, please don't stop!

There is only one reason for us to feel safe,
    Knowing that people like you are in place!

Inspired by the questions asked by the author's young daughter prior to going out on a K-9 search. Tony Laforet-Philadelphia Sheriff's Office K-9 Unit.

Dedicated to all the heros who so bravely gave their all on September 11, 2001

[ 10-06-2002, 05:51 PM: Message edited by: kateykakes ]

quote:
    Originally posted by kateykakes:
    This poem was sent to me by someone who is very dear to me in the Philadelphia Police Dept, Tony L. With his permission, I am posting it here. It was inspired as he left his daughter's party one night, and on other times when he would get called out.

I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

Questions

Why do you put that thing over your heart
    Before each tour of duty, you do start?

Why do you work so much
    And miss my parties and such?

When I go to bed at night, most of the time you away
    I hope you will be home soon, and this time you must stay!

Why are the bad guys the ones that you chase
    Is it to make our world a much safer place?

What is the title of your job, is it Agent, Sheriff or Cop?
    If it is any of these law enforcement people, please don't stop!

There is only one reason for us to feel safe,
    Knowing that people like you are in place!

Inspired by the questions asked by the author's young daughter prior to going out on a K-9 search. Tony Laforet-Philadelphia Sheriff's Office K-9 Unit.

Dedicated to all the heros who so bravely gave their all on September 11, 2001

Big-T Coming Thru A friend will bail you out when you get locked-up. A buddy will be sittin' next to ya in the cell saying "man we really F'd up"!!

Comment

T-bone, glad you could make it. Wait 'til Gub finds out you're here...ut oh. Trouble on the horizon with both of you here.

Comment

WoW Kateycakes U must really like this guy -The way u started this post with your adoration of this guy!-Anyway -I hope all enjoy this guys words-seems to B his nack in life! LOL
        Big-T Coming Thru A friend will bail you out when you get locked-up. A buddy will be sittin' next to ya in the cell saying "man we really F'd up"!!

Comment

LMAO! Oooooh...Bite me already, would ya?!

Comment

Uh oh, There goes the neighborhood

Comment

Don't let them get to you Katey everybody needs someone special. [Wink]
              Stay safe and watch your back. Survived Katrina. Now a Official member of the Chocolate City Police.

Comment

T-bone knows I think he's wonderful, Joseph. And he also knows I'll kick his *** if he gives me a hard time.

Comment

Hi KK!

Hey GUB! Want some chocrit chip cookies? [Wink]

[ 10-09-2002, 09:38 PM: Message edited by: Tprspouse ]
                  "It is easier for a king to have a lie believed than a beggar to spread the truth."---Robert Strecker

Comment

L! LONG time no hear. How have you been? I hope you and your family have been well. Please stick around this time!

Comment

Heya!

I've haven't stopped by in about 6 months, I think...I also haven't been to the other place but 4 times in the past 4 months. I've had so many things going on this past spring/summer. Some happy, some not so happy.

My daughter had her first communion, my brothers high school graduation, my 10th wedding anniversary trip, my Grandmother's heart trouble in and out of the hospital every day, my cruise on Carnival to Cozumel Mexico!!! and unfortunately when I returned, my Grandmother died. (this was about 3 weeks ago) I am still trying really hard to deal with it, but it hurts really bad. I was very close to her.

I'll be around more often now that I have the time, but I will be looking for a job since my baby is finally in kindergarten!!! I'm a free woman and the extra money will be a bonus.

I loved the poem by the way, it was kind of rude of me not to comment! Cya round!! Lemme know when you're going to chat!
                      "It is easier for a king to have a lie believed than a beggar to spread the truth."---Robert Strecker

Comment

L,

I'm really sorry about your grandmother. If there's anything I can do, please let me know.

As for chat, I don't go anymore. Not here on O.com or at the other forum. If you still use AOL IM, yell for me there. My S/N is on my profile. I do have Yahoo IM and MSN, but I pretty much stick with AOL IM, but that's not to say I won't use the other programs. Just let me know which you use.

Nice to see you back.

kk

Comment

Bring her back?

My AOL IM is the same as it is here, give me a shout sometime! It's always on, but I may not be at my computer, but you can leave a msg.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3226 users online. 164 members and 3062 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X