300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lame people on welfare vs. Unproductive illegal aliens

Which is worse, lame people on welfare or unproductive illegal aliens.

I used to hate people who cheat on welfare as there are many cases where the parents would MAKE their children sick, just to collect extra money for booze and not send their kids to the doctor.

Many people on welfare refuse to work as the government would still provide them with enough support. I've seen many of them still drink a lot and create nucience and become very disorderly.

Meanwhile there are job opening in local store that need help, and these people, citing "psychological problems" say that they cannot work, but can drink alcohol all day.

I came across some illegals who overstayed but are helping in restaurants as dish washers, they somehow stayed long enough and have a family and can afford to pay rent and not create trouble with the law.

Then again there are those illegals who steal cars and vandalize.

I think many people don't like illegals but from my experience from visiting CA, (I'm from Mass) I see that majority of these illegals are actually more productive than the homeless american that have "problems" so that they can be on welfare and cannot work.

Is the welfare problem worse or the immigration problem worse?

B

Simple, you stop paying the welfare and they will take the illegal's jobs. If they don't then they starve, so what, it is their problem.
    "Respect for religion must be reestablished. Public debt should be reduced. The arrogance of public officials must be curtailed. Assistance to foreign lands must be stopped or we shall bankrupt ourselves. The people should be forced to work and not depend on government for subsistence." - Cicero, 60 B.C.

For California police academy notes go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CABasicPolice/

Comment

Originally posted by Bob88
      Which is worse, lame people on welfare or unproductive illegal aliens.
      they both walk hand in hand. i hear in california, there are plenty of illegal mexicans who are receiving welfare.
      "The American public will find it refreshing to see a Republican candidate, who's not a moralistic, sexually repressed, crusading hypocrite, who cruises airport men's rooms late at night."
      William Shatner

Comment

I think it'd be a great idea to make people who receive welfare take surprise mandatory drug tests. Don't take the test, or fail it, and off welfare you go. Many jobs have that stipulation, especially government jobs, and these people live on the government's dime. End of problem, they either starve or get a job.
        STFU! Another great suggestion from the same mind that brought you "Kiss my butt" and "Leave me alone"

Why not?

Comment

I run across Illegal's all the time. INS won't do anything with them unless you've got a truck load.

Comment

Read this & decide: http://www.immigrationshumancost.org...mevictims.html

Comment

Welfare will never go away because it buys votes. A friend of mine married a girl who's family threatened him if he ever took a job that caused him to lose the welfare. He ended up so far back on child support that he finagled himself into a mental disability check each month. no more child support. His girl turn 16 pregnant, and the whole thing starts over again.

Illegals will never go away because cheap labor keeps the cost down and the products cheap on the shelf. No politician in his/her right mind would double the cost of meat on purpose. If they did, we would have even more money stoleing from us to pay for the welfare people or the illeagls. We all know we can't let votes go hungry.

What happens to hard working people. Those in government will retire just fine. those that work for big companies will be OK if their retirement plan don't go broke or get sold off. People like me will just work our asses off and pay more and more in taxes. Every time a state needs to balance their budget, they raise their fuel tax and a little more of my profit goes way.

In the end, most people get sick and have to sell everything to pay the doctors. the cost of long term medical care and assisted living is so high, it leaves the average Joe with nothing.

So I think the question should be, "What the hell is it that I'm working for".
              OK I'm done.
              Straight Up

new office pic relocated to: http://truckingamerica.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Stan Switek
                Wow, that's some sad stuff... I really wish I knew why when we have presidential elections you never hear anything about illegals. Just once I'd love to hear a presdient go "Oh and by the way.. You're all going home!"

Comment

This is a good topic. I work in an area with a lot of migrant workers. They work at the produce farms just outside of the city, and they work their tails off too. There are some illegals undoubtedly, but the work they do is what amazes me.

I asked a 20 year old white kid (who just got 'clean' from heroin, after a stint in lock up) about what he was going to do for a job. He complained that nobody would hire him because of his past. I told him, why not go out to the farms. His response was basically screw that, I'm too good for that type of work. More like he's too lazy. A lot of people in town complain "the mexicans are taking all the jobs." They could go get a job at the farms, but they won't. There are other jobs available in the city as well, especially with the manufacturing industries.

Welfare is too easy and it is generational. Once a kid finds out from their parents its easier to live off of welfare than it is to get a job, all hope is lost. The reason we have an unemployment rate is because there are people who choose not to work. The same person that is not working is also not paying my salary through taxes, I pay more of my own salary than they do. However, they will call you in a second because their kid or their spouse is doing (insert criminal activity here). A lot of times I feel like its babysitting someone who is not doing anything to support the good of the community.

Just my opinion

Comment

They're both draining the system, no matter how you look at it. The government is SO screwed up and they spend so much money without even taking a second glance it's rediculous. It will only get worse, though, thats whats sad.

Comment

Article by Frosty Wooldridge
                      Juny 22, 2004

Published in the The Washington Dispatch

Aren

Comment

[QUOTE=Stan Switek]Article by Frosty Wooldridge
                        Juny 22, 2004

Published in the The Washington Dispatch

Aren

Comment

For as many poeple who agree with everyone who posted in this thread, there are at least 5 more who will side with the "unauthorized aliens" or whatever B.S. term the INS is calling them these days. Too many businesses thrive on the illegal population in this country. For example, I spoke with the owner of a local money transfer business. He makes so much money off of the illegal population. He would not do anything to give up his paycheck just the same as the politicians who want his vote.

Dont even get me started on welfare. I'm a caucasion male and don't want to be branded a racist for thinking that we need to stop giving handouts to scabs.

Comment

Originally posted by SO535
                            Dont even get me started on welfare. I'm a caucasion male and don't want to be branded a racist for thinking that we need to stop giving handouts to scabs.
                            if youre white, you wouldnt be branded a racist if you call for an end to welfare. statistics show more whites on welfare than minorities.
                            "The American public will find it refreshing to see a Republican candidate, who's not a moralistic, sexually repressed, crusading hypocrite, who cruises airport men's rooms late at night."
                            William Shatner

Comment

Originally posted by SO535
                              For as many poeple who agree with everyone who posted in this thread, there are at least 5 more who will side with the "unauthorized aliens" or whatever B.S. term the INS is calling them these days. Too many businesses thrive on the illegal population in this country. For example, I spoke with the owner of a local money transfer business. He makes so much money off of the illegal population. He would not do anything to give up his paycheck just the same as the politicians who want his vote.

Dunno about your first opinion. Every message board I've been on and people I talk to in person its VERY dominantly against illegals.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3017 users online. 155 members and 2862 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X