300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snohomish County Sheriff

I was wondering if anyone had any information about the Snohomish County Sheriff agency? I am considering a lateral move to Washington State and was wondering how they stack up to other agencies in Washington.

Originally posted by creds
    I was wondering if anyone had any information about the Snohomish County Sheriff agency? I am considering a lateral move to Washington State and was wondering how they stack up to other agencies in Washington.
    I can definitely tell you they're hiring. I am taking the P.A.T. test for them August 6th.

I applied basically on a whim. They're kind of my last choice...I was just application-happy at the time and went ahead and applied.

I can tell you Snohomish County has some of the lowest crime rates in the state.
    Bill Cosby: Stewie, what do you think candy is made out of?
    Stewie Griffin: Sunshine and farts! What the hell kind of question is that?!

Comment

MY God !!!!! The counties out there have WEIRD names.
      Are they all indian names ? Just curious ?
      Wife part native american.

Comment

Yes some of the counties here have Indian names, some cities also. Snohomish county is the third most populated county in the state. If you are assigned to one of the "out in the stick" areas, you have to be aware that your backup could be 20 minutes away. Backup could be another county unit, small city, state patrol or state game department. You have to be smart enough to know when to back off and wait for responding units to back you up. At the beginning of the year you reseve your area and shift, unless there is an opening for some reason, this will be your area and shift for the year. You can put in for a new one for the next year. Days off, areas and shifts are given by seniority. What's nice about being in one area for a whole year is you get to know the people there. You know who you can get info from and who your trouble makers are. If you fill out the paper work most if not all training is paid for.

Comment

Sno County is a good agency.

Don't neglect the other agencies in the area. King County (everything surrounding Seattle) is hiring right now as well.

http://www.metrokc.gov/sheriff/index.aspx

Comment

Plus nice part of country to live in

Comment

It is beautiful up here, and it doesn't rain as much as everybody thinks (shhhh, that's a secret). Boston and Florida actually get more rain per annum than we do, they just get it all at once, whereas we get it from November through July.

They pay up here is very good, but the cost of housing and cost of living is commensurate.

Comment

Originally posted by Bodie
                If you think Snohomish is weird, try some of these on for size. Just some more interesting Washington county names for you, Bodie:

Clallam
                Kitsap
                Wahkiakum
                Skamania
                Cowlitz
                Whatcom
                Skagit
                Klickitat
                Yakima
                Kittitas
                Chelan
                Okanogan
                Spokane
                Walla Walla
                Asotin

There are other counties, but they're a lot more normal sounding (Jefferson, Thurston, Benton, Grant, Lincoln, etc.) Wahkiakum and Skamania are probably my favorites of the Indian names anyway. Though Klickitat is a close third.

Comment

Originally posted by Bodie

The names kind of stack up evenly with counties like Muskingum, Tuscarawas, Auglaize and Coshocton in Ohio.

Comment

Originally posted by Puget Sound
                    If you think Snohomish is weird, try some of these on for size. Just some more interesting Washington county names for you, Bodie:

Clallam
                    Kitsap
                    Wahkiakum
                    Skamania
                    Cowlitz
                    Whatcom
                    Skagit
                    Klickitat
                    Yakima
                    Kittitas
                    Chelan
                    Okanogan
                    Spokane
                    Walla Walla
                    Asotin

There are other counties, but they're a lot more normal sounding (Jefferson, Thurston, Benton, Grant, Lincoln, etc.) Wahkiakum and Skamania are probably my favorites of the Indian names anyway. Though Klickitat is a close third.

Don't forget Skokomish, Skykomish and down my way Nisqually, Puyallup, and out west is Quinault. While these aren't counties they are still weird names...
                    "We have enough youth, how about a fountain of smart?"

Comment

Originally posted by Grizzly
                      Don't forget Skokomish, Skykomish and down my way Nisqually, Puyallup, and out west is Quinault. While these aren't counties they are still weird names...
                      And...

Wenatchee, Toppenish, Kalama, Cathlamet, Skamokawa, Wauconda, and many more.

I would get a good laugh, as I'm sure you would, hearing some of the people on this board try to pronounce these names. Especially Puyallup. People always try to say Pooooyallup.

It is: Pew- (like a church pew) Al- (like the name) Up- (like the direction)

Pewalup - Puyallup

But that's all you're gettin'!

Comment

And let us not forget the Humptulips River.

Comment

Though Klickitat is a close third.
                          Clit-attack is my favorite, personally.

Pennsylvania has some cool towns too. Intercourse, Climax, Bird-In-Hand. Gotta love the Amish...
                          Last edited by Washingtonian; 08-01-2005, 04:33 AM.
                          Guns don't kill people. Chuck Norris kills People.

Comment

[QUOTE=Washingtonian]
                            Though Klickitat is a close third. [/QUOTE

Pennsylvania has some cool towns too. Intercourse, Climax, Bird-In-Hand. Gotta love the Amish...
                            funny I call it kitty cat county.....my buddies in ellensburg really love that.
                            "here's to us and those like us .....damn few left"

Comment

Originally posted by Washingtonian

Hahahaha, I have a friend who always calls Wenatchee "Wet-Snatchy."

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3591 users online. 144 members and 3447 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X