300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Off the wall question for people w/contacts

Does anybody else here wear only one contact? My left eye has perfect vision and my right eye has like 20/30 or 20/40. So I have one contact and I also have glasses with only the right lens being prescription.

Trying to wear the contact in just one eye is driving me NUTS!!!

I'm wondering is the brand or type or is that just how it is. If that's how it is how long did it take YOU to get used to wearing just one.

It's feels really weird. It feels like things are slightly cloudy when I have the contact in and it feels like something is stuck on my eye. I know, I know something is stuck on my eye. The point being I can feel air on my left eye but nothing on my right eye.

Also, the lens has a slight bluish tint to it. Could this be the cloudy problem.

Sorry for the long post and stupid question but, I'm trying to find a solution other than wearing the glasses before rookie school starts (hopefully).

Thanks,

TRPR2B
    Be a leader, not a follower

I just recently got contacts earlier this week and i love them, it just takes some time to get used to the feel, after 48 hours of getting them i can barely feel them. But im using a pair. If the feeling of only just one in your eye feels weird to you, you might want to ask your eye doctor about another contact that has no grade in it, like a blank, to "even" out the feel maybe on your other eye that doesnt need any corrective vision.

The blueish tint is from the solution also to help you find your contacts under the solution, ive had no problem with that. I use O2 Optix soft contact lenses, they provide more oxygen to the eye.

If you are having trouble, you should defenitely see your eye doctor to see maybe a refit is needed or a different lense is in order.

Good luck to you in the academy!
    Destiny is not a matter of chance. It is a matter of choice; it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved.

Comment

One Word

LASIK >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Had perfect vision right eye and bad in left so lasik on one eye worked great.

Comment

Originally posted by Bodie
        LASIK >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Had perfect vision right eye and bad in left so lasik on one eye worked great.
        What does something like that cost?
        Be a leader, not a follower

Comment

As SA said, the blue tint just helps you see the contact. Man I don't envy you, wearing one contact lens has to suck.
          Hail hail the gang's all here, when the going gets tough I know my friends will still be there. - Drop Kick Murphys, "The Gang's all Here"

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6480 users online. 363 members and 6117 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X