300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missing girl found dead...

I'm sure you all remember the cases of missing children throughout the country this summer. And of course, the case relating to the Virginia murder of a father and a mother and a 9 year old girl missing since then.

The hope of finding the little girl alive has been vanished by this following story:

Remains Identified As Missing Virginia Girl

Jennifer Short Had Been Missing Since August

WENTWORTH, N.C. -- Authorities in North Carolina say DNA tests confirm that the remains found there last week are those of missing 9-year-old Virginia girl Jennifer Short.

She has been missing since Aug. 15, when both of her parents were found slain in their Bassett, Va., home

The skeletal remains were found in woods in North Carolina, about 30 miles from where the girl's family lived.

The cause of death has been determined to be a gunshot wound to the head. Her parents were also shot to death.

Police still have no leads as to a suspect or why the family was slain.

Henry County Sheriff Frank Cassell calls the case "heartbreaking" and says he's glad that Jennifer's suffering is over.

Meanwhile, a map of Virginia marked with the location of a dead couple's home has been taken by investigators from a mobile home in North Carolina, near the site where Jennifer's remains were found.

At least two newspapers reported that court records show Rockingham County sheriff's deputies seized nine maps last Saturday from a mobile home. One was marked to show the location of Jennifer Short's home.

Court records identify the mobile home's owner as Garrison Bowman, a carpenter who deputies say was last seen by his landlord a day after Michael and Mary Short were killed.

An affidavit said Bowman had threatened to kill a man in Virginia in a dispute over moving the mobile home. Michael Short owned a mobile-home moving business.

Again, let's pray for the safety of all.
    "Hope for the best and prepare for the worst."

It's a very, very sad thing indeed. I fully expected for her to turn up dead, though. These things rarely have a happy ending, unfortunately.

I heard this yesterday (don't know if it's true or not) but someone told me that the Short family had filed bankruptcy and they owed this Bowman man some money regarding the mobile home. From what I was told, that's his motive for killing them. Like I said, I have no idea if this is true or not, but that's what I heard. This person also told me that the Bowman man is believed to be in northern Canada right now.

Comment

I was so saddened when I heard the news.. I'm glad however that the rest of their family now has closure.

I read the same report referenced in the article that said that Bowman's mobile home was moved and that he said he would kill the person who moved it, a man who lived in Virginia. Short lived in Virginia and owned a mobile home moving business.

[ 10-05-2002, 09:17 PM: Message edited by: RachelR ]
      No partner is worth your tears -
      the one that is won't make you cry. - Anonymous

<a href="http://www.renderosity.com/gallery.ez?Form.SortOrder=UserName&Start=1&Artist= Raychel&ByArtist=Yes" target="_blank">My Photo Gallery</a>

Comment

Ive got a couple things to say 1st off.

Ive been told by other LE officers that the number of missing children is less than it was at the same time last year, and the reason it seems like more is the media is showing more. Anyone else heard this?

Second. How is it that most of these girls Ive seen on TV are white? Im not racist I am white. But look at the ones on TV. I know we had a black juvinile go missing down here and all I seen was the flyer from our Dept. and a small article online. "PROPS TO MY DEPT" We found here.

Comment

quote:
          Ive been told by other LE officers that the number of missing children is less than it was at the same time last year, and the reason it seems like more is the media is showing more. Anyone else heard this?
          YES!! This is something the media does a lot. If you were to take a public opinion poll about crime, it would show that most people think crime went way up in the 90s, when it actually went down. People tend to think, because of the media, that there were more juveniles committing murder in the 90s (there were fewer), because of all the attention given to the school shootings. Most people think, thanks to the media, that strangers commit most kidnappings, when it is more likely that a family member kidnapped the child.

Because it's October and this is something the media and parents worry a lot about: How many children have died from poisoned Halloween candy since 1970?

Answer: 1, and his father poisoned it.
          Don't take life too seriously- you'll never come out of it alive.

Comment

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Yenta:
            This person also told me that the Bowman man is believed to be in northern Canada right now. /QUOTE]

Yes, he is.
            This article came in a few hours ago:
            http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/1033861338787_98/?hub=Canada
            " Life's disappointments are harder to take when you don't know any swear words." - Calvin

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2759 users online. 154 members and 2605 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X