300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many states have you been to?

I'm not sure if many of you are sports fans, but right now on ESPN they are doing a "50 states in 50 days" promotion. Basically they are hosting Sportscenter from a different state each day at a specific sporting event. (In Oregon, they were at the U.S. Windsurfing Championships, in Iowa they hosted at the Field of Dreams, in Alaska they were at the World Eskimo-Indian Olympics, etc.) They also list famous athletes from each state and different sports accomplishments from the state's sports teams.

Anyway, one of the poll questions on the website was "How many states have you been to?" I did not do much traveling as a child, and now I try to take road trips whenever my wife lets me.

So, share your list of states visited, and any thoughts you may have about the states. (Airport layovers don't count)

I've been to 14. (Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa, Illinois, Michigan, Indiana, N. Dakota, S. Dakota, Montana, Nebraska, Tennessee, Kentucky, Georgia, and Florida)

I visited North Dakota, South Dakota, and Montana for my only family vacation I took growing up. (My parents were poor, so we went to Montana.) We didn't stop at Mount Rushmore, Crazy Horse was not built, so it was not all that fun. I do remember visiting the Painted Canyon at Teddy Roosevelt National Park and thinking that was pretty neat.

Kentucky is a very pretty state. The countryside reminds me a lot of Wisconsin's. I was confused by all of the (and there were a lot of them) billboards promoting Kentucky's educational system. They stated "Welcome to Kentucky. Where education pays." Hmmm, Kentucky is not exactly known for its educational system.

Tennessee was also nice, and a lot of nice people. All in all, Tennessee drivers were the fastest I've ever been around. I spent the night in Nashville last summer. The area around Chattanooga is absolutely gorgeous. It's probably the most scenic area I have been to. (The big runaway semi ramps were a little scary, though.) I've heard downtown Chattanooga is great too, and I'd love to get back there.

My in-laws live in Georgia. (In Coweta County for you locals.) I've been down there 4 or 5 times, and enjoyed my stay each time. I like the Southern hospitality. Plus, we don't have Waffle Houses and Chick fil-A's up here in Wisconsin.

I went to Florida for my honeymoon back in 1998. We went to Orlando. When I stepped out of the airport, I could barely breathe. I was not used to the humidity. It was like a wet blanket. I don't think I could live down there.

I don't think I need to share my opinion of Illinois, their rude people, and their $1.60 tolls every 30 or so miles on the interstate. Driving south through Illinois was simply torture. Nothing but flat land and no billboards to read. Every weekend in the summer, thousands of FIBs (if you don't know what FIB stands for, ask someone from Wisconsin) come up to Wisconsin for the weekend. They drive like idiots on the interstate and are jerks to the locals. The only positive is that they spend a lot of money in our state.

I went to college in a city on the Wisconsin/Minnesota border. I like Minnesota, specifically Duluth. The north shore is very pretty.

Wisconsin is my home state. Everyone should visit the Wisconsin Dells at least once. It's a poor man's Orlando, but mostly everyone speaks English. Here is a link: http://www.wisdells.com/ or http://www.dells.com
    "I assume you all have guns and crack."

Washington, Oregon, Commiefornia, Idaho, Montana, Utah, Arizona, New Mexico, Missouri, Virginia, Maryland, Deleware, New York, New Jersey, District of Columbia (okay, it's not a state...but it's...something).

Favorite would have to be Airzona. I just love the desert. My least favorite? I'd say that's evident from my list.
    Bill Cosby: Stewie, what do you think candy is made out of?
    Stewie Griffin: Sunshine and farts! What the hell kind of question is that?!

Comment

I have been to Maryland, Virginia, Pennsylvannia, New York, Maine, South Carolina, Georgia, Missouri, Michigan, Ohio, West Virginia, Texas, Hawaii, DC, New Jersey, and Florida.

Edit: I forgot Kentucky.
      Last edited by mosetti; 07-28-2005, 10:27 AM.
      No man is justified in doing evil on the grounds of expediency. - Theodore Roosevelt, The Strenuous Life: Essays and Addresses (1900)

Comment

Hmmm,

Arizona (duh) California, Utah, New Mexico, Tejas, Nevada, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Louisiana, Missouri, Florida, Georgia, Colorado, Wyoming, Montana, Idaho, Washington, Chicago, Wisconsin, Kansas, Hawaii, and I think thats it.
        There's no substitute for strength,
        and no excuse for a lack of it!!

Comment

New Jersey, New York, PA, Vermont, Mass., Conn., Rhode Island, Maryland, Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Tenn., Arkansas, Oklahoma, Texas and Washington DC

Favorite place, so far.... Savannah, GA. I agree with Badgerland that Tenn. is beautiful and the people are very nice. I disagree about the drivers..... fastest in either Mass. or the DFW area.

I really didn't like Arkansas.... thankfully I just drove through. (Although I did venture into the NE part of the state a couple weeks ago and it was much nicer than the drive from I40 to I30.)
          Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity,
          and I'm not sure about the former.
          -Albert Einstein

sigpic

Comment

Where to begin?

I have lived in New York, Ohio, Illinois, Alabama, Utah and California. The states I have been in are:

Massachusettes, Rhode Island, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Connecticut, Indiana, Kentucky, Tennessee, Georgia, Florida, North Carolina, South Carolina, Mississippi, Louisiana, Texas, Oklahoma, Arizona, Idaho, Nevada, Wyoming, Iowa, South Dakota, Minnesota, Michigan.

I think that is it.
            If you ever have sprained ankle, give me a call.

Comment

All of them except Hawaii and Alaska...I'll get there someday...
              "We have enough youth, how about a fountain of smart?"

Comment

I have not traveled much......Idaho, New Mexico, California, Kansas, Nebraska, Florida, Louisiana, Alabama, Mississippi, Colorado.

I like Louisiana, but I think that is because I dont live there. Idaho is pretty and the people are friendly; I love Sun Valley. I was in Breckenridge, Colorado for a wedding and that place is pretty neat. I guess I just like the laid back, skier attitude most people have. I was in Bay st. Louis while in Mississppi and I didnt like it; probably more so because I was not too thrilled about the person I was meeting. (long story).

Basically, there is no place like home.....but, if I had to move anywhere, it would be Albuquerque, New Mexico. I would have to say that is favorite place to visit.

Comment

Traveled in Arkansas, Mississippi, Louisiana, Texas, Florida, Alabama, Georgia, North Carolina, Missouri, Tennessee, Kentucky, Oklahoma, Kansas, Illinois, Virginia, W Virginia, Maryland, and DC.

Most favorite state is actually two Northern Alabama and Tennesee. I love the Mountains and hills.

Comment

Originally posted by Grizzly
                    All of them except Hawaii and Alaska...I'll get there someday...
                    me to plus Mexico and the Bahamas
                    Straight Up

new office pic relocated to: http://truckingamerica.blogspot.com/

Comment

Nc, Sc, Va, Wv, Ky, Nv, Ca, Co, Tx, Ny, Nj, Pa, Oh, Md, Al, Ga, Fl, La Ms, Tn, Il, In, Wi, Mn, Mi, Ct, Ma

Trpr2b
                      Be a leader, not a follower

Comment

24 y/o, 40/50.

Good times, good times.

Comment

I've driven through every state except Alaska. And I guess as far as Hawaii goes I was technically driving in it, not through it.

As for foreign type places, I've been on the ground in Canada, Germany, Kuwait, and Iraq... and I do count airport layovers in my travels, so I've also been to Ireland and Britain.

I've also seen Mexico, but didn't go into it.
                          ~Slippery Pete~

If Thomas Jefferson thought taxation without representation was bad, he should see how it is with representation.

Comment

22y/o

South Carolina, Maine, Mass, Florida, Georgia, North Carolina, Virginia, Maryland, DC, Delaware, Rhode Island, PA, NY, NJ, VT, MI, MO, WA, OR, CA and thats it...
                            lots to go

Comment

I haven't been to any of the Northeastern states, Hawaii, Alaska, Louisianna, Texas, Oklahoma, New Mexico, Arizona or Arkansas.
                              Extremism in the pursuit of liberty is no vice. Barry Goldwater

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3637 users online. 199 members and 3438 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X