300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haunted Happenings

Do any of you ever visit haunted houses, do haunted hayrides, prisons, etc. this time of year?

I'm going tonight to a place called Jason's Woods in Lancaster, PA (about 2 hours from me) and pay to have someone scare me to death. Somehow, that concept just doesn't seem right.

Eastern State Penitentiary in Philadelphia is a popular scare attraction this time of year, but I have yet to go. I've heard it's good for having the hair stand up on the back of your neck.

So what's in your area that will scare the living daylights out of you? Will you be going this year, do you go yearly, or will this be a first time thing?

This place is crawling with haunted sites. Old Town Fredericksburg in downtown has all sorts of haunted battlefields and houses and has ghost tours. Where I live, there is Aquia Episcopal Church. It was built in the 1700s and is one of the first colonial churches. It's haunted too. I usually don't go on the tours, I just go by myself or with some family members. It's more fun that way.
    If we're not supposed to eat animals, why are they made out of meat?

Comment

I live on the very edge of the Shiloh National Battlefield. There were over 24,000 casualties in 2 days of fighting at Shiloh, between the Union and Confederate forces.

On occasions when I hike through the local woods, I frequently pass through areas where the air temperature is markedly COLDER than what would be considered normal. It's hard to explain, but it's a lot like stepping from a HOT kitchen into a COLD freezer.

A Cherokee friend of mine says those are places where someone died violently...... [Eek!]
      "When you guys get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a *****."
      -Commanding General, 1st Marine Division

Comment

quote:
        Originally posted by kateykakes:
        So what's in your area that will scare the living daylights out of you?

My mother-in-law. [Eek!]

Comment

That ain't nuthin', Pigskin....

I have 2 Mothers-in-laws! [Eek!]
          "When you guys get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a *****."
          -Commanding General, 1st Marine Division

Comment

We have lots of haunted houses around Cincy but none are really scary anymore [Frown]
            No partner is worth your tears -
            the one that is won't make you cry. - Anonymous

<a href="http://www.renderosity.com/gallery.ez?Form.SortOrder=UserName&Start=1&Artist= Raychel&ByArtist=Yes" target="_blank">My Photo Gallery</a>

Comment

ROTFLMAOOOOOO Piggy! You're so mean!

Comment

The first house that I bought was haunted.
                It was quite interesting, just odd knocks around the house and the smell of stale cigarette smoke.
                Nothing bad ever happened, but until we got used to it, it was a little creepy.

Comment

What's the story behind the haunted house, 10mm?

Comment

My cousin in Oklahoma used to live in a haunted house. They had furniture & shelf items re-arranged during the night & the bathroom sink faucet would be on in the morning. What finally happened was my cousin was talking on the telephone to her dad when a flowerpot on a shelf started sliding down the shelf to the other end. Then an old woman came to the door & asked for a drink of water but by the time they returned with the water, she was gone. They couldn't find her & later told someone in town about it describing the woman. A longtime local resident said it was the woman who used to own the house but she had died 20-30 years ago.

I saw a ghost in our church & didn't know it until later. We were having a special Christmas service one Sunday night & I saw a woman who used to come to our church walk in the front door & go to a pew. I got busy with the program but when I looked again she wasn't anywhere to be seen. I commented to my wife that I was surprised to see the woman had come to the service but then had left. My wife & the organist both said that they had seen her also & wanted to talk to her after the program but couldn't find her. A couple of weeks later my wife saw the woman at the store & told her she was happy to see her at church & asked why she had left so quickly. The woman said she hadn't been to the church in quite a while. My wife described what the woman we had seen was wearing & the woman started shaking & weeping & said that was the dress her deceased mother was buried in. We look around now at every service to see who is there.

Comment

quote:
                      Originally posted by kateykakes:
                      What's the story behind the haunted house, 10mm?

Katey,
                      I never found out really, the previous and original owner moved, to our knowledge no one died there.
                      At least according to the neighbors and a public record search we did.
                      We detailed the house and the stale cigarette smell still popped up in various locations, the neighbors said the previous owner wasn't a smoker as he was a health nut. [Eek!]
                      Not sure what the cause was really.

Mike

Comment

I've visited a few supposedly haunted houses while vacationing and have had a couple of experiences when living back west.

Comment

If I really wanted to get scared.......I'd just go visit my ex-wife!!!!!! EEEEEKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!! [Eek!]
                          Steve

Comment

BOO!

^^ this thread is haunted cause I didn't write that!^^^
                            Oh... Oh... I know you di-int!

Comment

I've put off going to Jason's Woods tonight because yesterday while coming home from work, 4 ladies I work with that carpool together were in an accident. I called Kelly, one of the ladies, on my way home from work today and I'm going to to see her tonight. They all got some big time bumps and bruises, but no serious damage. Thank God for that.

'Tis ok that I'm missing out on the scare tactics tonight. I'm really a baby when it comes to stuff like that anyway, and I wonder if I'd be able to handle it. Knowing me, I'd probably cry like an idiot.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6478 users online. 362 members and 6116 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X