300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CALL IN EXCUSE'S

You hear those lame excuse's on why some officers call in telling you they are not coming to work. You know some of them are legitimate but how they are done just spells moron all over them.
    It's not the fact that they called it on why you are upset. It's just the fact you didn't think of it first.

one of many of our latest one's

officer john doe will not be in today. He needs to stay home to take care of his wife who just had surgery. Person calling in: Mrs. john doe

Picture that: WOMEN GET YOUR BUTT UP OUT OF THAT HOSPITAL BED AND CALL IN FOR ME.
    RULE FOR A HAPPY AND SUCCESSFUL LIFE:. Don't hang around with whiners and complainers.

I had my wife call in for me due to severe laryngitis.
    I never lived that one down.

One of our guys has a license plate frame that reads, " I ran out of sick leave, so I called in dead".

Comment

I had one of my officers call in one time with this: (Keep in mind she is about 60 yo)

Me: Hello?
      Her: Hi sarge, I just wanted to let you know I can't come to work.
      Me: Is something wrong?
      Her: It's raining outside.
      Me: What?
      Her: It's raining.
      Me: And?
      Her: Well, you know I can't drive in the rain.
      Me: No, I didn't know that.
      Her: If it quits raining later, I'll come in.
      Me: (still very confused) No, don't worry about it. Stay home PLEASE!

This was an actual call in. I wish she had at least just said, I have a headache. It would have made more sense to me!
      In valor there is hope - Tacitus

Comment

called in cause my car was broketoday, but got it fixed and went in anyway!.. I have called in if I have a major headache (from allergies) But generally I only call when Im sick. Or, if I feel reallylazy I can use my sick time if my kids are sick. So I get to stay home with them.... I LOVE THAT! FREE DAY OFF! I feel so effin guilty when I've done that though. I think I have really good work ethic to call in sick...
        Oh... Oh... I know you di-int!

Comment

quote:
          Originally posted by Frogman:
          - One guy called off claiming he had gotten a yeast infection in his mouth after performing oral sex on his girlfriend.

That has to be one of the funniest things I have ever heard. Doesn't anyone just call in and say they will not be at work today?
          "I assume you all have guns and crack."

Comment

Yeast infection..... LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!

We have a guy called "Teflon Terry" calls off from bars all the time. Last though the LT. was standing next to Teflon at the pay phone when he did it. Turns out the LT was in the bar looking for a fugative who may have run in there.

Comment

Used to have a friend who's family owned a big textile plant, and had for many years.

They refer to "call ins" as "calling in scared."

When I first heard this, I was confused, but then he explained it-people ALWAYS call in and say:

"I'm afraid I can't make it in today...because <insert excuse here>."

I REALLY thought that was funny.
              People have more fun than anybody.

Comment

quote:
                Originally posted by Frogman:
                One guy called off claiming he had gotten a yeast infection in his mouth after performing oral sex on his girlfriend.

i knew a guy once that liked to take home skanky hos from bars. well, one weekend he took home a chick and stayed in bed w/ her all weekend. monday morning he didn't get up to go to work so we went in to check on him. exactly what you said above had happened...his throat was swollen and he was having a very difficult time breathing.

all together now...EWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!
                This post has been rated PG-13 for your viewing pleasure.

Comment

Oh, grrroooossssssssssss!
                  My son works with a woman that finally got fired because of so many abscences. It was usually her kids but thinking she had the West Nile Virus finally was the straw that broke the camels back. lol

[ 10-04-2002, 12:32 PM: Message edited by: Mitzi ]

Comment

quote:
                    Originally posted by Legal Assistant:
                    his throat was swollen and he was having a very difficult time breathing.

all together now...EWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!

That... is feckin' nassy. *pukes*

[ 10-04-2002, 01:26 PM: Message edited by: Piper ]

Comment

[ 04-04-2003, 09:24 PM: Message edited by: Frank Booth ]

Comment

The LAPD modified their sick policy several years ago so that we no longer have to say why we are calling in sick. This was supposedly out of fear that some officers might be calling in sick due to reasons that are covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act. As a result, the entire process is much more dignified now. We simply tell the supervisor that we are calling in sick. Supervisors may ask if it is a work related illness/ injury and if we will miss court as a result but that's it.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5799 users online. 307 members and 5492 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X