300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There's this ONE little girl....

...she can't be more than 4 or 5 years old. When I'm making my rounds...if she's outside playing, she always runs out to the street and SALUTES me, her tiny frame all rigid and her salute picture perfect. The first time she did it, it blew me away. Talk about feeling PROUD of what I do.
    "When you guys get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a *****."
    -Commanding General, 1st Marine Division

Hey Shooter, sometimes it's the littlest people that can make you feel sooooo big.
    If I were you, I would take my camera with me and snap a few pictures next time. It will be nice to have when you are old and can't remember the little girl... or making rounds.... or being an officer... or your name! [Eek!]
    In valor there is hope - Tacitus

Comment

Awwww, how cute.
      "Hope for the best and prepare for the worst."

Comment

One thing that I do not see enough is police officers giving waves or smiles to little kids on the street. We should make every effort to show kids that we are human. When you see a kid in the street, smile, wink, wave at these kids. We need all the friends we can get.
        "Minds are like parachutes. They only function when they are open." Sir James Dewar 1842-1923

Comment

It's the little things that give us the most.

Comment

What a great story. The unexpected things hit you the hardest.

The first time I put on my uniform, I came downstairs to say good-bye to my wife and kids before heading to my initial training shift. My 10-year-old son looked at me and said, "I'm so proud of you, Dad." Then he hugged me. I still get a knot in my throat thinking about it.

Guess I'm just a big softy.
            Caution and worry never accomplished anything.

Comment

Artie...

You make an excellent point!

I go through about $20 of candy each month, bought out of MY own pocket. On patrol, I stop and talk to folks working in their yards and talk with the kids. I started giving out candy because I hated seeing kids run away from my patrol car.
              "When you guys get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a *****."
              -Commanding General, 1st Marine Division

Comment

shooter,

Reading your post just made my day. What a sweet little angel she is.

Comment

How great to hear about a child who is not scared of the police. I have found that when we get around most parents say if you are not good they will handcuff you and take you away. This really bothers me when I hear this.

To read this about the little girl, also makes my day. I just wish there were more children that aren't scared of us.

Comment

That is so cool.

I try to wave at all the kids I see and alot of the adults.
                    The great thing about the kids is that they wave back and use all their fingers, instead of just one finger, like some adults do.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5947 users online. 346 members and 5601 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X