Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Saw a Dodge Magnum Police Cruiser the

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Saw a Dodge Magnum Police Cruiser the

    other night in Greensboro, NC. It was a slick top.

    It looked bad ***!

    Man, if I ever get hired I sure wouldn't mind driving one of those as my patrol car.

    TRPR2B
    Be a leader, not a follower

  • #2
    From a reliable source, the departments can choose the Magnum package or the Charger package.
    MY INSTINCT IS TO WIN, DESTROY MY OPPONENT AND MOVE ON WITHOUT ANY HESITATION AT ALL

    Comment


    • #3
      Yea,

      I knew that the Magnum and the Charger are both being offered from Dodge with Police Package options. I swear I believe I'd just as soon have the Magnum.

      Although, I will say this, if you've seen one of the new Chargers in person they look even better than they do in pictures or on TV.

      That is one sweet ride and I was amazed at how much room it has in the front and back seats.

      TRPR2B
      Be a leader, not a follower

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by trpr2b
        Yea,

        I knew that the Magnum and the Charger are both being offered from Dodge with Police Package options. I swear I believe I'd just as soon have the Magnum.

        Although, I will say this, if you've seen one of the new Chargers in person they look even better than they do in pictures or on TV.

        That is one sweet ride and I was amazed at how much room it has in the front and back seats.

        TRPR2B
        Ford will still dominate

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by LT. EXPLORER
          Ford will still dominate
          I'm not so sure about that. (This is coming from a "Ford Man"). I actually like the Crown Vic very much.

          I'll say this...any auto maker in today's world that is resting on it's laurels is going to get caught flat footed. Ford better be hard at the drawing board is all I've got to say. The charger is the most well thought out car I've seen Dodge make in....well....ever. I say a lot of the credit for this should be given to Daimler.
          Be a leader, not a follower

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by trpr2b
            I'm not so sure about that. (This is coming from a "Ford Man"). I actually like the Crown Vic very much.

            I'll say this...any auto maker in today's world that is resting on it's laurels is going to get caught flat footed. Ford better be hard at the drawing board is all I've got to say. The charger is the most well thought out car I've seen Dodge make in....well....ever. I say a lot of the credit for this should be given to Daimler.
            I agree very much so. You're talking about a completely new designed car with 350 HP engine. Ford still is rolling on the same old chassis, same old design from when, 98? And a weak 250 HP engine in a big heavy car. I'm a Ford fan too but they need to kick it up.

            Comment


            • #7
              Oh YES! You can give me a ride in that Dodge ( MOPAR) anytime,of course, I won't be in any trouble though hopefully! Hell! I will give you a ride that you will never ever forget!but of course,then, I will be in trouble.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Matto
                I agree very much so. You're talking about a completely new designed car with 350 HP engine. Ford still is rolling on the same old chassis, same old design from when, 98? And a weak 250 HP engine in a big heavy car. I'm a Ford fan too but they need to kick it up.
                That "same old chassis" is the reason most departments will stick with Ford, especially ones that put alot of miles on cars and drive them until the wheels fall off. The Crown Vic is a body-on-frame construction; the Mopar is unibody. Body-on-frame is more durable for high mileage vehicles. The Crown Vic will be cheaper than a Charger or Magnum with a Hemi. The Charger police packages will come standard with the 250 hp V-6; the Hemi will cost more. I'm betting the majority of Charger/Magnum fleet sales will be the V-6.

                By the way, the Curb weight of a Ford CVPI P71 is 4200 lbs. The Charger R/T tested in this month's Car & Driver is listed as 4141 lbs., but will be heavier when a heavier-duty suspension, electrical, etc. is added to a special service package.

                That said, if I were to buy a lottery ticket this week and hit, a new Charger in Brilliant Black Crystal Pearl Coat would be in the garage tomorrow.
                Last edited by Groundhog; 07-25-2005, 11:54 PM.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Groundhog
                  That "same old chassis" is the reason most departments will stick with Ford, especially ones that put alot of miles on cars and drive them until the wheels fall off. The Crown Vic is a body-on-frame construction; the Mopar is unibody. Body-on-frame is more durable for high mileage vehicles. The Crown Vic will be cheaper than a Charger or Magnum with a Hemi. The Charger police packages will come standard with the 250 hp V-6; the Hemi will cost more. I'm betting the majority of Charger/Magnum fleet sales will be the V-6.

                  By the way, the Curb weight of a Ford CVPI P71 is 4200 lbs. The Charger R/T tested in this month's Car & Driver is listed as 4141 lbs., but will be heavier when a heavier-duty suspension, electrical, etc. is added to a special service package.

                  That said, if I were to buy a lottery ticket this week and hit, a new Charger in Brilliant Black Crystal Pearl Coat would be in the garage tomorrow.
                  I'm talking same old chassis as in how the car handles etc. Look at how Ford completely redesigned the chassis on the mustang and the new Ford trucks. Now they both handle better and ride better and are just overral better.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Groundhog
                    That "same old chassis" is the reason most departments will stick with Ford, especially ones that put alot of miles on cars and drive them until the wheels fall off. The Crown Vic is a body-on-frame construction; the Mopar is unibody. Body-on-frame is more durable for high mileage vehicles. The Crown Vic will be cheaper than a Charger or Magnum with a Hemi. The Charger police packages will come standard with the 250 hp V-6; the Hemi will cost more. I'm betting the majority of Charger/Magnum fleet sales will be the V-6.

                    By the way, the Curb weight of a Ford CVPI P71 is 4200 lbs. The Charger R/T tested in this month's Car & Driver is listed as 4141 lbs., but will be heavier when a heavier-duty suspension, electrical, etc. is added to a special service package.

                    That said, if I were to buy a lottery ticket this week and hit, a new Charger in Brilliant Black Crystal Pearl Coat would be in the garage tomorrow.
                    That is the exact color that my buddy just bought in a R/T Hemi. It looks awesome!
                    Be a leader, not a follower

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by trpr2b
                      That is the exact color that my buddy just bought in a R/T Hemi. It looks awesome!
                      I'm jealous...maybe one day after I get through paying for college, a wedding, a house, etc....... (sigh)

                      Originally posted by Matto
                      I'm talking same old chassis as in how the car handles etc. Look at how Ford completely redesigned the chassis on the mustang and the new Ford trucks. Now they both handle better and ride better and are just overral better.
                      Even though my current duty vehicle is an Explorer, I was driving a '04 CVPI until mid-January and I thought it was the best handling police car I've driven in 19 years. That includes Caprices, CV's, and Plymouth Furys.

                      Seems like I read last year that the new Mustang undercarriage is borrowed from the Lincoln LS. I have driven one of those (brother-in-law's car) and it was suprisingly nimble for a 4000 lb.+ car.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Here is the reason for no change......

                        Our department received a grant to purchase 6 new patrol vehicles. My city has rough roads, high crowns and a lot of sand and dirt roads (we are a desert town). A few of the officers put together a proposal for a few of the new cars to be Dodge Durangos (you can buy a fully-loaded Durango for the price of an empty crown vic). The head shed said, NO! Their stance was based on the fact that the Durango is not a police car, does not look like a police car and would serve no purpose that a crown vic couldn't fulfill.

                        I guess that's why the Fire Dept got 3 new Exploders, I mean Explorers.

                        I would imagine that many department heads feel the same way. They don't want to give an officer a "Hot Rod" or a "truck." I say BS.
                        If you won't stand behind our troops, PLEASE, feel free to stand in front of them.

                        If you won't get an *** whoopin' with me, you're gonna get one from me---stolen

                        www.sportbikes.net

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Groundhog
                          I'm jealous...maybe one day after I get through paying for college, a wedding, a house, etc....... (sigh)



                          Even though my current duty vehicle is an Explorer, I was driving a '04 CVPI until mid-January and I thought it was the best handling police car I've driven in 19 years. That includes Caprices, CV's, and Plymouth Furys.

                          Seems like I read last year that the new Mustang undercarriage is borrowed from the Lincoln LS. I have driven one of those (brother-in-law's car) and it was suprisingly nimble for a 4000 lb.+ car.
                          I dunno about your last comment. The mustang is on a completely new and redesigned frame and chassis from what I understand.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Matto
                            I dunno about your last comment. The mustang is on a completely new and redesigned frame and chassis from what I understand.
                            http://www.internetautoguide.com/rev.../mustang/2005/
                            http://www.motortrend.com/future/con...st/index2.html
                            http://ford.jbcarpages.com/Mustang/2005/index2.php
                            http://www.automobilemag.com/news/ne.../0410_mustang/

                            I was close.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Our vehicle specs just got modified so that Dodge could bid. I am a huge Crown Vic fan. However, I am saddly disappointed in this last round of cars we got.

                              50,000 miles on mine now and it is rattling again. This will be the third time it has been down for the catalytic converter. The driver's seat is already broke down in the middle, and there ain't no fat ***es on it either. I think it is a bit under powered with the current engine set up. Someting about the way the set and door are aligned makes it hard to get out of the car.

                              If nothing else, Dodge will bring competition to the market.

                              All the young guys are foaming at the mouth for the 350 Hemi engine. They ain't gonna get it. It will be the 250 if we go Dodge.
                              "In my life I have met many people who were quick to point a finger, and but a few that cared enough lift one"

                              ME

                              Comment

                              MR300x250 Tablet

                              Collapse

                              What's Going On

                              Collapse

                              There are currently 6325 users online. 312 members and 6013 guests.

                              Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

                              Welcome Ad

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X