300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DaveinUtah
    Honestly. Actually, I don't know an agency that doesn't allow their officers to take home their cars. Even the agency I work for. It is up in the mountains and about 30 miles away from Salt Lake City where the majority of the officers live. They allow the officers to take home their cars.
    Wow. It must be a regional thing.
    RIP Brett Thompson, 17, 09/12/1989-09/14/2006

Seatbelts save lives

Comment

Maybe you should change your profile from Hard *** to FNG. I know how it is fresh out of tech school. Let me guess, Spang is your first assignment right? Give yourself a few years to get a good head on your shoulders and then worry about getting a car to take home (if you make it that far). Warn me if you PCS to Hill!!
      "All that was left of them was hair, teeth, and eyeballs" - Viper Lead, Operation Enduring Freedom

Comment

Hey Hard-*** cop, I realize you think they taught you to be a bad assed billy bob in tech school, but have you looked at the news lately? Al Q dont give two damns about what a great cop you think you are. You're making yourself a target and everyone else around you. Tone it down. Did you pay attention to your overseas briefings? Take OPSEC seriously. And quit giving the AF a bad name by spouting off about your ego.
        Minimum effort yeilds minimal results

Comment

Even if my PD had take-home cruisers, which we don't, I'd leave it at the station. My neighbors know I'm a cop, but the people that drive by my house don't know, and I want to keep it that way.
          Talk sense to a fool, and he will call you foolish - Euripides

Comment

Originally posted by Delta784
            Even if my PD had take-home cruisers, which we don't, I'd leave it at the station. My neighbors know I'm a cop, but the people that drive by my house don't know, and I want to keep it that way.
            Ditto. I'd do the same (if I was a cop)

Seatbelts save lives

Comment

You'll find the majorityof Agencies in Oklahoma also have takehomes. You'll also find many officers have three car garages so they can hide the car!
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by usafcop64528
                Ok, I guess you are not a wannabe. But if you ever post a thread in the ask a cop section saying "I just bought a used cv because I think cop cars are dead sexy. Am I lame?" I will track you down.
                Thanks for the advance notice
                Well life is too short so love the one ya got cuz ya might get run over or ya might get shot.

Comment

Bad Cop no Donut (i always wanted to sat that)

Comment

Obviously airman has a complex, albeit humorous, personality. He doesnt want a take home bc he is a wanna be or is 100% cop; he wants it because it saves you gas and miles on your pov (to the tune of about $6000.00 a yr from what I hear). Aiman, I dont know bout PA, but all sheriffs and state officer get take home here in Florida, along with many (most that I know of) of us locals do too. No snow either. Good luck in the long road ahead.

-Edit- Every agency I know of gives their fng's a take home out of FTO. MCCO will even give u your take home day one (no traffic stops till out of FTO). I know you didnt even ask about FL and dont give a sh*t, but ill be like everyone else by either answering your questing with a smark *** remark or posting errouneous info that does not pertain to your original question.
                    Last edited by ufresdave; 07-25-2005, 02:31 PM.
                    press hard-5 copies

Comment

None in the Philadelphia area have take home marked vehicles that I know of. PPD, captains and above have take home unmarked vehicles.

If you want to stay in SF when your time is done, the DoD police at Willow Grove ARS is always hiring and you can be a member of the SF reserve unit.
                      I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

Too funny. Your one of the guys that goes to bars wearing your badge exposed, and meets women by waking up and saying "Hi, I'm a cop!" Aren't ya? I lie my *** off to people who don't already know I'm a cop, I've been a construction worker, an iron worker, I've worked in the mines (this is Mo...)

I agree though, at least he's honest.
                        "He who controls others may be powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still"

-Lao Tzu

"God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference."

-Reinhold Niebuhr

Comment

Originally posted by AirmanE3
                          In GEORGIA sheriff deputy and state trooper get take home cars.

Comment

Originally posted by usafcop64528
                            Umm, why is it all important to have a take home car? I'll bet you dollars to donuts that no dept has a take home policy for rookies.
                            Escondido Police Department, California

They give ALL thier officers take homes. The exception is while you are in your FTO phase. But last I checked, that only lasts about 3 months. So unless you arn't a "rookie" after only 3 months, then they give rookies take home cars.

They are pretty damn hard to get hired by though.

-SPM

Comment

Originally posted by letshearit4blue
                              Thanks for the advance notice
                              Your welcome

Seatbelts save lives

Comment

Originally posted by SPM
                                Escondido Police Department, California

They give ALL thier officers take homes. The exception is while you are in your FTO phase. But last I checked, that only lasts about 3 months. So unless you arn't a "rookie" after only 3 months, then they give rookies take home cars.

They are pretty damn hard to get hired by though.

-SPM
                                Thanks for the info. It must be my area.

Seatbelts save lives

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4403 users online. 288 members and 4115 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X