300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Busy Busy Busy

Hey, Folks, haven't really been around too much, as I've been terribly busy. Most of my time has been spent sudying and reviewing material for the last few weeks of my detective certification. Hopefully i'll be getting my gold shield soon.

Add in the overtime Ive been working, the time spent testifying in court, and the time spent entertaining my visiting nephew, and youve got one busy guy. [Eek!]

Things'll slow down soon, and I should be back. Just wanted everyone to know that I'm still around, and haven't fell off the face of the earth just yet.

quote:
    Most of my time has been spent sudying and reviewing material for the last few weeks of my detective certification.
    WOOOO!!! Good Luck!!

You've been missed, but it's good to hear from ya and hope everything goes well!
    Take care, and again, GOOD LUCK!
    Don't take life too seriously- you'll never come out of it alive.

Comment

GOOD LUCK JAY!!!

i thought in NYS the detective positions were all based on merit (ie: you have to "earn" the promotion rather than taking a civil service promotional exam.) well, anyway, good luck again!

Comment

Good Luck Jay!!!

You have been missed buddy. *smooch*

Comment

quote:
          Originally posted by 10-13:
          GOOD LUCK JAY!!!

i thought in NYS the detective positions were all based on merit (ie: you have to "earn" the promotion rather than taking a civil service promotional exam.) well, anyway, good luck again!

Thanks, pal!

No, theres no civil service exam for DT, but there are courses you've got to take to become certified. There are certain units that you can go into with "police officer" or "patrolman" status, and just by putting in a certain amount of time (2 yrs minimum) you get promoted to DT. For me, I went into Crime Control Unit about 3 years ago. It's a plainclothes unit, we drive around in atypical, unmarked vehicles such as expeditions, volvo wagons, jeep SUV's, and we've even got a 97 Vette. The units function is to control crime within a sector while staying out of the public eye. As I'm sure youve noticed while off-duty, people act quite differently when there aren't cops around.

So. to keep a long story...still long, I went into CCU 3 years ago, and was promoted to detective about 10 months ago. I gained "Detective" status, but was told I wouldn't be issued a gold shield or have my ID changed until I had fully completed the necessary courses.

The other units that let you get DT status without having to blow a superior I believe are: Arson Squad, Auto Theft Burea, and Criminal Intelligence Division.

Hope this helps...

Comment

quote:
            Originally posted by CopInNY:
            As I'm sure youve noticed while off-duty, people act quite differently when there aren't cops around.

im not a cop yet. [Wink]

[ 10-03-2002, 03:52 PM: Message edited by: 10-13 ]

Comment

I knew that.

Where are you trying to get on?

Comment

NYPD, they have another year to call me...if not, i join the Marines.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4411 users online. 270 members and 4141 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X