• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forget UA, it's nothing compared to

https://store.511tactical.com/index.asp?number=40001
    It is not the critic who counts...

Comment

I can't remember the name of the stuff but I saw some kind of detergent in a running store made for synthetic fibers.

I know it wasn't this stuff but the product is probably similar. I found this on a google search.

http://www.jrwrestling.com/catalog/p...roducts_id/548
      "You didn't think we give pretty women tickets? You're right, we don't."

Comment

Originally posted by co911
        Forget UA, it's nothing compared to

https://store.511tactical.com/index.asp?number=40001
        But does it keep you cool like Under Armor does? That's the main reason I love UA. I'm going to be trying the C9 brand (by Champion) that they sell at Target; look for a review in this thread soon.
        "The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, can not and will not ever harm the sheep." -Lt. Col. Dave Grossman

Comment

Originally posted by PTI
          DavidH: The ones at Target are Merona brand. Those are awesome. I have several.

Southladeputy: Try spraying some Fabreeze on your vest panels, your carrier and maybe even your shirts. My wife washes mine with just plain detergent and I have never noticed an odor.
          I can feel for southladeputy. I am also from South LA (that's louisiana) and know that there is no humidity anywhere in this country like that along the coast of the 85 degree Gulf of Mexico.

I work in the ******* of America (southeast CA--112-115 Deg. avg in July and August). I have use the Merona, Under Armor and the Champion brands. The champion is the coolest and longest lasting of the three.

Also--try hanging them to dry in the sun. The sun tends to kill many odor causing bacteria.
          If you won't stand behind our troops, PLEASE, feel free to stand in front of them.

If you won't get an *** whoopin' with me, you're gonna get one from me---stolen

www.sportbikes.net

Comment

Originally posted by southladeputy
            I would love to know what I could safely clean the kevlar in my vest with also that would not damage it. I was told not to use soap because it can break down the material. I dunno.
            Check out: Vest Guard

..Also, there is a line from Japan that carries T-shirts that work very much the same way as UA, but have an antibacterial component. Interested? They have Men's and Women's styles. Check out: Zeo-Line
            Last edited by MockingBird; 07-27-2005, 09:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by davidh304
              Anyone know the brand name of the generic at target? I picked up something with an M...Mekon, or Mevrona or something. Im wondering if I got the right stuff or if I should be looking for some other shirts.

I just picked up a couple at target on sale, they were Champion brand. Work very well. I have to go back and get some more.
              "Life is not about how hard you can hit, it's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving foward"- Rocky Balboa

Black Labs Matter!

Comment

For kicks I just bought the Mervona (Target brand) underarmor boxer brief shorts.

$6 at Target and at first the boys were getting hugged too much. After about 5 minutes though I loved 'em.

I powder up with baby powder under my vest and did the same with the shorts. Trust me when it's 80-85 degrees with humidity through the roof you will do anything to keep cool!

Anyway, with the powder and shorts it felt like my cheeks were sitting on satin pillows all night and someone was fanning my nether regions with a palm frond.

If you like the shirts try the shorts.
                I drive way too fast to worry about cholesterol.

"Why didn't you put that out on the radio?"
                "I don't know Sarge, I guess I got caught up in the moment"
                "The MOMENT is when we F--king need you!" - K-9 Sgt Myhre to unidentified Officer

In Valor there is Hope

Comment

Originally posted by broke
                  Have you folks ever heard of a non-medicine pill called "Bodymint?"

It's made in Hawaii but sold in the mainland....the stuff really works to curb body, foot, breath odor!

I use it because I go outside a lot and believe me it works

Do a google search on it.....
                  wow it's like I'm talking to myself...

Comment

I wear UnderArmour under my sixty-pound vest in the 130 degree heat of Iraq. I wash it by hand and line dry it in the sun. I have no problems, notice no odor, and they show little wear and tear.

Maybe you need to change your diet or soap or shower schedule or something. It could be the water or detergent, but you said everything else smells fine.

Comment

I bought a ribbed Cool-Max shirt just the other day. I wear it under a blunt-trauma vest, and though I find it keeps me dryer, it feels a few degrees hotter than a t-shirt. It also stunk like nobodies business after just one shift.

Needless to say, I'm not very impressed.

I normally wash my regular t-shirts daily and my vest once a week, and I've never had a problem with odour.

Comment

Originally posted by broke
                        wow it's like I'm talking to myself...

NEVER HEARD OF IT BROKE. WHERE DO YOU FIND IT?

Comment

Originally posted by davidh304
                          For kicks I just bought the Mervona (Target brand) underarmor boxer brief shorts.

$6 at Target and at first the boys were getting hugged too much. After about 5 minutes though I loved 'em.

I powder up with baby powder under my vest and did the same with the shorts. Trust me when it's 80-85 degrees with humidity through the roof you will do anything to keep cool!

Anyway, with the powder and shorts it felt like my cheeks were sitting on satin pillows all night and someone was fanning my nether regions with a palm frond.

If you like the shirts try the shorts.
                          that post made me giggle...

Comment

These kind of shirts are used: http://www.milpro.fi/index.cfm?actio...E1DFA2504A902C

Available in black, white and OD-green.

I

Comment

These kind of shirts are used: http://www.milpro.fi/index.cfm?actio...E1DFA2504A902C

Available in black, white and OD-green.

I

Comment

Sorry double-post...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2847 users online. 142 members and 2705 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X