300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Under Armour Shirts and the type.....

There is one advertised that supposedly kills bacteria that causes that familiar odor of having worn body armor for a few hours. Anyone know what can be used to clean or add this type of treatment to every under armour type shirt? No matter what I have used to try and wash them, they still do not smell like the rest of my clothing. I guess its because of the synthetic fibers.

Anyone know the brand name of the generic at target? I picked up something with an M...Mekon, or Mevrona or something. Im wondering if I got the right stuff or if I should be looking for some other shirts.
    I drive way too fast to worry about cholesterol.

"Why didn't you put that out on the radio?"
    "I don't know Sarge, I guess I got caught up in the moment"
    "The MOMENT is when we F--king need you!" - K-9 Sgt Myhre to unidentified Officer

In Valor there is Hope

Comment

I bought three actual Under Armour shirts and like a week later saw some generic one at WalMart. I checked the materials and the ratio was the same (81% Cationic Polyester and 19% Elastane). Whatever those are.

10 bucks vs. 35 bucks. Hmmm....not a hard choice. I just would like to have them smell as fresh as the rest of the uniform. I would love to know what I could safely clean the kevlar in my vest with also that would not damage it. I was told not to use soap because it can break down the material. I dunno.

Comment

DavidH: The ones at Target are Merona brand. Those are awesome. I have several.

Southladeputy: Try spraying some Fabreeze on your vest panels, your carrier and maybe even your shirts. My wife washes mine with just plain detergent and I have never noticed an odor.
        Cowboys in town. Trouble expected.

Comment

Have you folks ever heard of a non-medicine pill called "Bodymint?"

It's made in Hawaii but sold in the mainland....the stuff really works to curb body, foot, breath odor!

I use it because I go outside a lot and believe me it works

Do a google search on it.....

Comment

Not a cop but I do wear underarmor type shirts (Wal-Mart brand) while working out and also under my chest protector while umpiring baseball. They smell fine after a wash in cold water with detergent, so I'm not sure what the issue is with yours. Maybe it is the wearer. j/k
            Hail hail the gang's all here, when the going gets tough I know my friends will still be there. - Drop Kick Murphys, "The Gang's all Here"

Comment

Half the time I forget, but just wanted to mention that you're not supposed to put these in the dryer - the heat breaks down the synthetic fibers and "wicking" capabilities over time.

Comment

I wash my shell once a week (I have two shells) and "Febreeze" the actual armour then let them sit out side to air. This works fine for me. I do wear Under Armour shirts and I like them.

Comment

Originally posted by krj
                  Half the time I forget, but just wanted to mention that you're not supposed to put these in the dryer - the heat breaks down the synthetic fibers and "wicking" capabilities over time.
                  Interesting, the labels on my shirts and shorts say they can be dried at low temps.
                  Hail hail the gang's all here, when the going gets tough I know my friends will still be there. - Drop Kick Murphys, "The Gang's all Here"

Comment

Originally posted by Welpe
                    Interesting, the labels on my shirts and shorts say they can be dried at low temps.
                    Well shoot - most of my synthetic stuff has labels that say "hang to dry" - but can't argue with what YOUR label says. Also can't argue with a Welpe who's "now with less carbs"! (no, that one's too goofy, let's go with this)

Comment

I looked at the under armor type shirts at Walmart, Academy sports and Target. The cheapest and most comfortable I found were at Target, brand name Pro Spirit. They were either $10 or $15.

Comment

Originally posted by krj
                        Well shoot - most of my synthetic stuff has labels that say "hang to dry" - but can't argue with what YOUR label says. Also can't argue with a Welpe who's "now with less carbs"! (no, that one's too goofy, let's go with this)
                        Atkin's Approved!

Who knows, maybe they just want the shirts to wear out quicker so I can buy more of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Welpe
                          Atkin's Approved!
                          Don't START with the Atkins-stuff Sonny. I've been cranky on this forum all weekend, and I'll just have to take ya down BOY!!

Comment

I ordered some Cool-Max v-neck t-shirts. I think they're like 13 bucks each. I have UA and I love the stuff, but I couldn't find UA v-necks for the life of me. I can't show any t-shirts while in my summer uniform.
                            Whitechapel - Hate Creation

Comment

Steve and Barrys has performance gear shirts, loose gear UA style for $5.98. I also have the Target brand shirts and love them.
                              After the pin is pulled, Mr. Hand Grenade is no longer your friend.

"Shut the door I'm tryin to poop!" - Larry the Cable Guy

(\__/)
                              (O.o )
                              (> < )

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6364 users online. 342 members and 6022 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X