300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The NOPI Nationals question

The NOPI Nationals are coming to Memphis next weekend. I'm doing a plainclothes detail for this. I've heard stories there have been some real problems in other cities with this event, but nothing factual. Anyone out there had experience with this show? We have thousands of ricers in the area. I'm sure they'll all be there.
    "Patrolling the Idiocracy"

Originally posted by Drunkcop
    The NOPI Nationals are coming to Memphis next weekend. I'm doing a plainclothes detail for this. I've heard stories there have been some real problems in other cities with this event, but nothing factual. Anyone out there had experience with this show? We have thousands of ricers in the area. I'm sure they'll all be there.
    LOL!
    ive actually been a spectator for the past NDRA races here in virginia...
    the track is about 80miles west of where i reside, so with that said i travel to this rural portion of VA via route 460.

the police between tidewater and petersburg(city the track is in) seem to have this event marked on the calender... patrols are beefed up to prevent street racing to and from the track, and seeing as people travel from all over the state to this event, lots of street racing takes place so it seems...

i never witnessed anything major at the event... not even a fight.

i think your wasting your time looking for activity inside the complex(though im sure its there, but what is "its"?)...
    if you enjoy writing tickets and chasing down speeders, then a good time is sure to be had. if the kids attending were smart, you would think they would keep the illegal activities elsewhere.... you have a better chance pulling cars and finding reasons to search and possibly snag a few pot busts etc etc...

Comment

Originally posted by VAsteve20
      LOL!
      ive actually been a spectator for the past NDRA races here in virginia...
      the track is about 80miles west of where i reside, so with that said i travel to this rural portion of VA via route 460.

the police between tidewater and petersburg(city the track is in) seem to have this event marked on the calender... patrols are beefed up to prevent street racing to and from the track, and seeing as people travel from all over the state to this event, lots of street racing takes place so it seems...

i never witnessed anything major at the event... not even a fight.

i think your wasting your time looking for activity inside the complex(though im sure its there, but what is "its"?)...
      if you enjoy writing tickets and chasing down speeders, then a good time is sure to be had. if the kids attending were smart, you would think they would keep the illegal activities elsewhere.... you have a better chance pulling cars and finding reasons to search and possibly snag a few pot busts etc etc...

Thanks. I was wondering what was true and what was rumor. My detail is just there for whatever we come across. Hopefully we'll just enjoy the show. We'll be in cars outside afterwards.

We do have trouble with street racers, and there have been some fatalities. They hang around a particular speed shop on Saturday nights. We will have patrols set up on the ingress / egress streets.

Comment

I actually participated in the NOPI SuperStreet tour back in '97 (retired from the ricer scene soon after!) - about 150 of us were on a leg from Birmingham, AL to Atlanta. GA state trooper pulled ALL of us over - I think there are pictures on the net of if somewhere

Comment

Originally posted by aavixtech
          I actually participated in the NOPI SuperStreet tour back in '97 (retired from the ricer scene soon after!) - about 150 of us were on a leg from Birmingham, AL to Atlanta. GA state trooper pulled ALL of us over - I think there are pictures on the net of if somewhere

You need to find that pic and post it
          Just shut your damn hole

Dead Souls-----They keep calling me

Comment

NOPI follow-up

Well, the event came and went. Not as many folks showed up as we were expecting but those that did were pretty well-behaved. We had 11 citations for underage beer and two physical arrests for underage beer and stupidity. That was it. Nothing major. Cool foam pit.

Comment

Originally posted by Drunkcop
              Well, the event came and went. Not as many folks showed up as we were expecting but those that did were pretty well-behaved. We had 11 citations for underage beer and two physical arrests for underage beer and stupidity. That was it. Nothing major. Cool foam pit.
              did you do the plain clothes thing?

Comment

Yep, that was where all the underage beer arrests came from. There was nothing else to do, so it was the game of the day. Well, I mean other than watch the Nopi Chix and the foam pit.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2771 users online. 154 members and 2617 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X