Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

He's running with a backpack and you....

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Soleil_nuage
    Anyway, we wonder why one would have to go on leave after shooting someone. In the movies and TV shows, cops shoot people and walk away as heroes. We don't get to see the anguish and trauma that the cop experiences from the shooting itself and from the "routine" investigation. And frankly, I had no clue about this until I read the thread in the Squad Room about helping a fellow officer cope with a shooting.
    You hit the nail on the head with that one. I have not had to shoot anyone in my short 4.5 years as a LEO and i hope i NEVER have to.

But just to let any other non police know...... when i pull out my gun i aim to Kill. If i precieve you as such a thret that i need to skin my smoke wagon then you can bet i precieve you as a possible thret on my life and will shoot to kill.

Comment

I got that one out of a movie.
      It was in Tombstone when Kurt Russle approaches the "*******" dealer and slaps him around and has him leave thus takeing over his dealing buisness.
      As you can see that line made an impression on my mind haha.

Comment

Originally posted by Soleil_nuage
        This is such a vexing problem with no easy solutions or choices. I am sure that it's exactly how the terrorists want it. In an open society I guess you can't warn people about how to act in different scenarios without the bad guys also hearing about it, and planning ways around them.

and THAT is exactly why I started this thread.
        "Patrolling the Idiocracy"

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4441 users online. 287 members and 4154 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X