Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

He's running with a backpack and you....

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did the guy have a bomb?

I'm curious why they shot him after he was apparently under control.
    Disclaimer: The writer does not represent any organization, employer, entity or other individual. The first amendment protected views/commentary/opinions/satire expressed are those only of the writer. In the case of a sarcastic, facetious, nonsensical, stirring-the-pot, controversial or devil's advocate-type post, the views expressed may not even reflect those of the writer.

Comment

Originally posted by BrickCop
      Did the guy have a bomb?

I'm curious why they shot him after he was apparently under control.
      No word on that yet. A buddy of mine in London is keeping me up to date on what is being released there...

Comment

Originally posted by JediNord
        According to the BBC report, they had been watching the house he came out of in direct relation to the subway bombings. They told him to stop several times and then pursued him, tackled and restrained him, and then he was shot 3 or 5 times, this is as yet confirmed. As for in the head, I have not read that in any reliable new report, but I would highly doubt that.

He was a suspect, he fled. Can't feel too bad for him, and this is coming from one of the more liberal members of this board.

The reason is, they highly suspected he had a bomb on him. If they shot him in the body it could have triggered the explosive device. Better to be safe than sorry and aim for the head.

Comment

It has been reported that some observed a bulky belt that had wires sticking out of it. I have no idea if this is factual or not. The Officers in London have been issued actual orders to shoot to kill and preferably shoot to the head. Far cry from out "Shoot to stop the threat" rules. Speculation is that after they tackled this person one saw something that caused him to believe this person had a bomb and he killed him to prevent him for possibly trigging said device. In the current opinions around London, the guy could be completely innocent and nothing is going to be said to this Officer. I highly doubt that this guy was innocent as saif previously, he was in a house under survaillance and was wearing a suspicious bulky coat and run when called to by people he knew as Law Enforcement Officers.

Comment

Thanks I was just curious, in no way do I give two ****s that they exterminated a terrorist.
            Disclaimer: The writer does not represent any organization, employer, entity or other individual. The first amendment protected views/commentary/opinions/satire expressed are those only of the writer. In the case of a sarcastic, facetious, nonsensical, stirring-the-pot, controversial or devil's advocate-type post, the views expressed may not even reflect those of the writer.

Comment

Oooooooooooooooops.....We made a terrible mistake,....bummer
              Just shut your damn hole

Dead Souls-----They keep calling me

Comment

It's a tragedy but he did disobey the orders of the police during a period where England's transit system was under attack. IMO the police acted in good faith that they were stopping yet another terrorist from blowing up a train full of civilians.

Comment

10-4 BrickCop, couldnt agree with you more.

Comment

Originally posted by BrickCop
                    It's a tragedy but he did disobey the orders of the police during a period where England's transit system was under attack. IMO the police acted in good faith that they were stopping yet another terrorist from blowing up a train full of civilians.
                    What if he had been an undercover officer following a suspected terrorist? I know that in my department, I wouldn't recognize most of the u/c officers.
                    Retired

Comment

Originally posted by retired
                      What if he had been an undercover officer following a suspected terrorist? I know that in my department, I wouldn't recognize most of the u/c officers.

A guess.......he'd still be dead
                      Trooperden, akman75, & azmichelle ignored

Comment

Originally posted by Delta784
                        I have a feeling that the plainclothes people who shot the suspect in London were SAS or some other non-police agency. They operate under much different rules, and Britain doesn't have Posse Comitatus.
                        That would make sense because most law enforcement in Great Britain are not armed...

Comment

Originally posted by broke
                          That would make sense because most law enforcement in Great Britain are not armed...
                          Not yet, but they are catching up. I was there only a week ago, and I did see a lot more armed PCs than non-(or lesser-) armed ones. If I am not mistaken, the armed divisions are made up of volunteers, who may be (by consequence) better trained and less hesitant to use their firearm.
                          Anyway, the days of the kind bobby wearing only a helmet and a whistle seem to be over... and thinking of it, it all seemed to have started after the handgun ban. Ever since, you see more and more officers wearing batons, bullet/stabproof vests and (yup) firearms.

Comment

Originally posted by retired
                            Im sure an Undercover Police officer would not run from other Officers. Im also sure that if he were undercover following a suspect that other undercover officers are following that they would know of each other.
                            Since we are on " What IF's "..... what if the guy wasent shot and blew up the train killing 100+ people?
                            Dumb "What if" question if you ask me.

As far as FIVE shots to the head.... well they wanted to Make Sure he was DEAD. How many shots is too many? There isnt a # if you ask me; It takes how ever many it takes to make you feel that the person is DEAD. Because if he isn't dead ........ you may be.
                            Yeah he was tackeled to the ground but have you ever tried to keep someone from reaching something on their person while you had them tackeled? Its VERY difficult. Imagine if he were reaching for a detonator switch and accually had gotten ahold of it....... Boom bye bye 2+ police officers and an Unknown # of passengers.
                            Last edited by Radio; 07-25-2005, 01:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Soleil_nuage
                              Interesting. I think police shooting of suspects is one area where the public, including me, just doesn't understand how the police operate. I have always thought that police shoot people to temporarily neutralize them. I am reading from your post that you shoot to kill. I think the public think that only soldiers shoot to kill, not the police.
                              Shows how little folks actually know about deadly force, not that most folks care to know about such things. In a traditional war it is beneficial to wound opposing soldiers to tie up other soldiers caring for the wounded (not a strategy dealing with terrorist insurgents). Police shoot for center mass due to it being the largest area available and easiest target to hit under stress due the size of the area on most people. Police shoot to stop the threat, if death is a result we have little control over that. Shootings happen in the blink of an eye and few soldiers or police officers are amazingly accurate shots to shoot to wound, it is not realistic to expect police to wound someone that is trying to kill them or some other citizen. What if you do not wound them effectively enough to stop them and they kill you or another citizen? Handgun bullets do not have the blow you out of your shoes effect Hollywood would have you believe, handguns are relatively ineffective killing tools, long guns are far better at producing fatal wounds that incapacitate the receipent quickly.

In the case of this suspected bomber they did not want to shoot him anywhere near the area he might have had a bomb concealed, if they did it might have detonated. So they shot him in the head.
                              Last edited by 6233108; 07-25-2005, 04:57 PM.
                              Trooperden, akman75, & azmichelle ignored

Comment

alsoooooooo,,firearms are LETHAL FORCE, not a laso to wrangle up bad people,,if you pull your firearm, you better be ready to take a life, not wing 'em so they cant run so fast.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4141 users online. 266 members and 3875 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X