300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by olnacl
    Ahh....so the great and mighty (at least in his mind) retired can dish out sarcasm but can't take it? Why am I not surprised?

Why am I also not surprised that you won't answer my questions?

Pathetic.
    What makes you think I give a rats *** what you think about me? You're inconsequential in my life.
    Retired

Comment

nothing to see here
      Last edited by olnacl; 05-18-2006, 02:45 PM.

Comment

they were Under Cover Officers that shot him, and the brits have a law that allows the cops to shoot to kill dealing with terrorism, and also if it will save another life, he was running from a house under surveilance and also he was wearing a jacket with some sort of wires hanging out of it plus it is the hottest time of the year in britain, they also told him repeatidly to stop and all that stuff, some have tried to go after the cops saying that he doesn't speak english, but his parents have confirmed that he speaks very good english and he is also an engineer of some sort (bombs?), but as most of you have said, yes the cops will be put to blame and not protected, and the dept. has already started the hanging by publicly apoligizing and saying it was a mistake on their part (the officers) and in this the dept head has protected himself and given in to the already ****ed of muslims who are protecting these terrorists.
        Baltimore Police Dept

Written/PAT- 10/21/12-Pass
        Written Psych- 10/22/12- Pass
        BI Interview/Polygraph/Psyc - 12/5/12
        Physical -TBD

Comment

also I forgot to ask you guys what about that guy in NY that threw his bag at a police officer yelling ITS A BOMB!! What would you have done then? ask him kindly to not blow it up? I think he would have gotten shot
          Baltimore Police Dept

Physical -TBD

Comment

Ahh....so the great and mighty (at least in his mind) retired can dish out sarcasm but can't take it? Why am I not surprised?

Why am I also not surprised that you won't answer my questions?

Pathetic.
            Brother you are wasting your time with him. He is a grumpy, old, lonely, intrevert, who go's around on the board looking for some type of attention.

He cant answer the question of what he would have done because he doesn't know what he would have done. He's been out the car for so long that he doesn't remember what it was to police.

Comment

nothing to see here
              Last edited by olnacl; 05-18-2006, 02:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by GrayW4442
                Brother you are wasting your time with him. He is a grumpy, old, lonely, intrevert, who go's around on the board looking for some type of attention
                He cant answer the question of what he would have done because he doesn't know what he would have done. He's been out the car for so long that he doesn't remember what it was to police.
                I know, but from time to time it is fun to show others that he is all dish and no take. I bet his PD held a retirement party for him not to celebrate his career but to ensure he was leaving.

Wow, you guys are so nasty to each other. Lighten up!
                Everyone is entitled to their own opinion..no need to tag team on somebody because you disagree with them. If they're a *****, be the bigger man. You two shouldn't take things so personally.

Comment

Originally posted by retired
                  If they were wrong in killing an innocent person, then they should be hung out to dry.

retired,

You've heard of instances where the police in the US have killed an unarmed person who they honestly believed was reaching for and/or brandishing a weapon? Not all the officers in these incidents were "hung out to dry", if they acted in good faith and could articulate why they believed deadly force was necessary, correct?

It's been widely reported that the man had on a heavy coat that looked out of place, he exited a location that was being watched for terrorist activity, he went to a train station- the scene where several bombings recently took place, he was told to stop by the police but refused for whatever reason and fled to/through the train station.

This man may have been innocent but IMO the police should not be "hung out to dry" if the aforementioned info is accurate.

I know you were already crassly asked this question but it is a valid question-what would have you done if you were those UK officers on that day?
                  Disclaimer: The writer does not represent any organization, employer, entity or other individual. The first amendment protected views/commentary/opinions/satire expressed are those only of the writer. In the case of a sarcastic, facetious, nonsensical, stirring-the-pot, controversial or devil's advocate-type post, the views expressed may not even reflect those of the writer.

Comment

Originally posted by BrickCop
                    retired,

You've heard of instances where the police in the US have killed an unarmed person who they honestly believed was reaching for and/or brandishing a weapon? Not all the officers in these incidents were "hung out to dry", if they acted in good faith and could articulate why they believed deadly force was necessary, correct?

It's been widely reported that the man had on a heavy coat that looked out of place, he exited a location that was being watched for terrorist activity, he went to a train station- the scene where several bombings recently took place, he was told to stop by the police but refused for whatever reason and fled to/through the train station.

This man may have been innocent but IMO the police should not be "hung out to dry" if the aforementioned info is accurate.

I know you were already crassly asked this question but it is a valid question-what would have you done if you were those UK officers on that day?
                    Brick,

I understand what you are saying, and I have investigated a few officer involve shootings myself. When I say if they are wrong, I mean that if they were totally negligent, without reasonable suspicion, etc.

Working only on the information that has been in the media, which has changed several times since the original incident, I wonder why the officers who were surveiling the location, who allegedly had pictures of the suspects, allowed this individual to leave the apartment complex, allowed him to board a bus, allowed him to exit the bus and even get near the subway system. Contrary to what you may think, I still don't believe in arbitraily indicting any officer. Based on what I have read, I just don't think that we can shoot and kill someone without PC, coupled with factors that that would lead me to believe that the person I was shooting was an immediate threat. The fact that the individual was wearing a jacket, and was headed toward the subway doesn't constitute PC to shoot to me. If they were confident, or had a reasonable suspicion that he was one of the suicide bombers, why wasn't he confronted immediatel?

In answer to your question of what I would have done, my answer is based on the information available. The bottom line is that I would never have let him even board the bus let alone ride it to the subway station. He would have been confronted, detained and identified by uniform officers long before that point.

Now I'm not asking nor suggesting that anyone agree with my opinion. I don't think that any of us can give a conclusive opinion without all of the facts, which I assume we will never have.
                    Retired

Comment

nothing to see here
                      Last edited by olnacl; 05-18-2006, 02:47 PM.

Comment

Guys,

Just for the heads up! He was seen coming out of a house under close watch. He was allowed to go as the officer in charge decided that he should be allowed to walk off! again under watch! In the hope that he would lead Officers to one if not all of the suspects!

However when he boarded the bus it was decided to stop him off of the bus and away from the civies! He ran when challenged!!!!

Rt'd says why did they not stop him as he left?.... Well like most of other normal Police Officers we here in blighty as of yet don't have X Ray vision or second sight!

Would you walk up to and challenge a guy who might have a bomb on him! would you walk up to him and say ' Come on now sir, don't be a silly chap and please don't blow me up! as I've still got a few years left before I get my good conduct medal!!!!!

Oh and as for the he did not look like any of the pics of the bombers! Jesus!!!!so there are only eight people in the UK that want/wanted to set bombs off! Thank you Rt'd i'll pass that on to all our firearms guys/girls!!! Four dead! one in custody! hell we only have to worry about the other three! Hmmm!

Oh hang on i've just had a thought....................what if someone is hiding them! oh no could there be others.........that we don't know of?
                        Carpe Jugulum

Comment

Originally posted by britjase
                          Guys,

Rt'd says why did they not stop him as he left?.... Well like most of other normal Police Officers we here in blighty as of yet don't have X Ray vision or second sight!

I responded with an opinion that was asked of me, I'm sorry you don't like or agree with my opinion. But I'll ask you, what changed from the time he was allowed to leave the apartment complex, board the bus, depart the bus, from the time he was shot in the subway? Allegedly the only thing additional information I have read was he failed to stop for the commands of armed non-uniformed police. Everything else was the same from what I read.

Would you walk up to and challenge a guy who might have a bomb on him! would you walk up to him and say ' Come on now sir, don't be a silly chap and please don't blow me up! as I've still got a few years left before I get my good conduct medal!!!!!

Isn't that what they did before he entered the subway? Wouldn't it be better to confront him out in the open rather than a crowed bus or subway train? So tell me how would you handle a chap you think may have a bomb strapped to himslf? Would you allow him to board a bus, and then head to the subway? Or would you confront him with armed officers out in the open rather than confined quarters?

Oh and as for the he did not look like any of the pics of the bombers! Jesus!!!!so there are only eight people in the UK that want/wanted to set bombs off! Thank you Rt'd i'll pass that on to all our firearms guys/girls!!! Four dead! one in custody! hell we only have to worry about the other three! Hmmm!

I don't recall saying anything about what he looked like. But wasn't the apartment under surveillance for 24 hours before this individual exited the complex? I understand there were only 8 units in the complex, plenty of time to not only identify everyone living there, but plenty of time to run a thorough investigations into their background as well as obtain pictures of everyone known to live there. If they had done that, and I don't know they didn't, they may well have known who he was from the moment he left the complex.

Oh hang on i've just had a thought....................what if someone is hiding them! oh no could there be others.........that we don't know of?
                          In any event, all of us express our opinions, and sometimes they are right and other times they are wrong. My comments are not intended to indict the actions of the officers, but what I may have done had I been in the situation.

I really don't know why you seem upset with my opinion.
                          Last edited by retired; 07-27-2005, 07:15 PM.
                          Retired

Comment

Originally posted by britjase
                            Guys,

Just for the heads up! He was seen coming out of a house under close watch. He was allowed to go as the officer in charge decided that he should be allowed to walk off! again under watch! In the hope that he would lead Officers to one if not all of the suspects!

?
                            I wonder if there is documentation that the house and its occupants were being watched or maybe they were just watching him. Who are the other occupants? Are they in custody? They now know they were being watched if they exist. What's the distance from his house to the train? If he had been a bomber they'd have never stopped him from detonating by chasing him and identifying themselves, he would have blown himself at the first sign of detection. Who knows maybe he was sent out by terrorists to see what the police response would be? One thing, if you strap yourself up with bombs and are ready to die and you began to be chased by police why would'nt you detonate?
                            Trooperden, akman75, & azmichelle ignored

Comment

NOT A LEO

Well I think that the reason why he didn't do it is because although this isn't very nice for some of you to hear and hope you don't get mad but, if he kills a bunch of cops who tried to stop him it could be down played as to no civilians died and they died in the line of duty, but if he waited hoping that he could run to where there were innocent lives then he could detonate then, when they took him out he wasn't near that many civs but was on his way. Also you could say that he was waiting for a crowd to keep their thing going of bombing the tube or buses, also they didn't want to take him out in frotn of the house under surveilance to try and keep their presence although probably already known still out of sight. also he was in a residential place and would have been disasturous if he did explode there, and maybe he was the "5th bomber" some say there was because they found a 5th unexploded. also as I said earlier they have a shoot to kill policy with terror suspects if they beleive that he is going to or was going to harm any life ( but his own who cares if he kills just himself) your documentation is the media watching the whole house and police outside it.
                              Baltimore Police Dept

Physical -TBD

Comment

Originally posted by retired
                                In any event, all of us express our opinions, and sometimes they are right and other times they are wrong. My comments are not intended to indict the actions of the officers, but what I may have done had I been in the situation.

I really don't know why you seem upset with my opinion.
                                I think it's the way you say it....you like to MF other people opinions and agency's(remember our little WSP chat) and when some one pushes you and voices and opinion that's different that your....you rant that you were working the "street" before Jesus was a patrolman..."oooh and one day at band camp".....it's old ....go enjoy retired life.....sit in traffic and wait for WSP to clear the road like everyone else.
                                "here's to us and those like us .....damn few left"

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2564 users online. 169 members and 2395 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X