300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GrayW4442
    First, comparing someone who may be in the act of trying to detonate a bomb, to someone who committed <-(past tense) a murder is ridiculous. And obviously we have read different accounts of the story, because what I read stated that he diregarded all of the officers orders. The LEO's had "reasonable suspicion" (what a average person would conclude to be the facts) at the time to believe that he was a bomber and could be possibly attempting to set off a bomb at the time.

And on to the million dollar question, yes I think we as LEO's should have more information before we act; however, I get calls all the time where I have very little information and I make scenes almost blind to the facts. I dont know how long you have been retired but it seems you have forgotten what police work was about. This is not a perfect world and we as LEO's fly blind all the time.
    Yea, I guess you're correct, I have forgotten what police work is like. I'm sure that with your experience you are very up to date on police work.

Oh by the way, does anyone running away from plain clothes officers who haven't identified themselves constitute reasonable suspicion that they are going to detonate a bomb?

Thanks for your advice.
    Retired

Comment

eyewitness account

"They couldn't have been no more than two or three feet behind him at this time and he half tripped and was half pushed to the floor and the policeman nearest to me had a black automatic pistol in his left hand. He held it down to the guy and unloaded five shots into him."

http://media.guardian.co.uk/broadcas...534190,00.html

Comment

Wow, some of you guys are being a little hard on the Brits.

Was it yesterday that they started reporting that the guy had left a residence that was under surveillance in the bombing invesigation. He aparently had been challenged numerous times by the police officers and continued to run towards the train station. Lets not forget that the train stations were targeted no less than 8 times in the last couple weeks.

And everyone on the job knows that the media doesn't get all the facts, and there is ALWAYS more to the story.

What I do find amusing is that Brazil Government is demanding answers. Hmmmm, I guess this years "culling" of the street children in Rio went better than planned. Because they have some free time to be upset about one ex-pat.

The "shoot to kill" policy is the correct one, thought it may be a little more to PC to "stop the threat". The rationale is that if the threat isn't stopped the bomber may still have the ability to activate the bomb.

Would any of us who "in good faith' truely believed that some guy was running into a subway to commit MASS MURDER hesitate to stop that threat?

Or would you shoot him in the leg and hope for the best..........

Comment

Originally posted by nodonut
          "They couldn't have been no more than two or three feet behind him at this time and he half tripped and was half pushed to the floor and the policeman nearest to me had a black automatic pistol in his left hand. He held it down to the guy and unloaded five shots into him."

http://media.guardian.co.uk/broadcas...534190,00.html
          And being a social justice journalist your point is?

Comment

Originally posted by GrayW4442
            He wont run from the police again

Great job LEO's in England
            Are you aware that man was not a threat?
            -I don't feel you honor someone by creating a physical gesture (the salute). You honor them by holding them in memory and, in law enforcement, proceeding in vigilant, ethical police work. You honor this country or deceased soldiers or whatever you're honoring when you salute a flag by thinking, feeling, and continuing a life of freedom.

--ArkansasRed24

Comment

Originally posted by djack16
              So you were there?
              Carpe Jugulum

Comment

Originally posted by djack16
                Are you aware that the police ordered him to stop and he didn't? I will say again, he hadn't run he would still be alive. Are you also aware that the LEO's were acting in "good faith" under the assumption that he was a bomber? If he would have stopped and obeyed officers orders he would be alive today.
                Last edited by GrayW4442; 07-25-2005, 10:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by retired
                  Yea, I guess you're correct, I have forgotten what police work is like. I'm sure that with your experience you are very up to date on police work.

Oh by the way, does anyone running away from plain clothes officers who haven't identified themselves constitute reasonable suspicion that they are going to detonate a bomb?
                  Your profile says you joined this board June 2000 under the name
                  Last edited by GrayW4442; 07-25-2005, 10:27 AM.

Comment

[QUOTE=GrayW4442]Your profile says you joined this board June 2000 under the name
                    Retired

Comment

Originally posted by retired
                      I appreciate all this advice from a veteran like you. I'm sure that there isn't anything left for you to learn.

You should be a Chief in a few months from now, so good luck.

ROFL!!!!!!!!!!
                      If you ever have sprained ankle, give me a call.

Comment

Originally posted by SR-25
                        Moral of the story is...Dont run from the Police.
                        Good point
                        I think girls go after me for my Jeep

Comment

The situation is a real tuff call. Especially for us armchair QB's who were not there and involved in the situation.

Im sure the officer who shot the guy was in Fear of his life and the lives of the passengers. Im sure he did what he thought would be the right thing in that particular split second where life and death passed through his mind.

Other than that i say who are we to judge his actions W/O the full story. And we all know we cant trust a GD word that the Media has to say, They allways spin it to their agenda or what will get rateings.

Comment

nothing to see here
                            Last edited by olnacl; 05-18-2006, 02:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by olnacl
                              Well since you are the only person do have never done the job correctly (at least in your own mind) please tell us what you would have done given the following circumstances:

Subject seen leaving an apartment that is under surviellance for possible bomb making activity.
                              Subject is wearing a bulky coat in moderate weather.
                              Subject is approached by you. You ID yourself as an officer.
                              Subject takes of running toward the subway....a location that has been bombed multiple times in the past few weeks.
                              Subject refuses to stop and continues to run towards a subway full of innocent people.

Please tell us....since you are perfect and none of us can come close to your standards...what would you have done? I suppose since you are the one perfect police officer to ever walk the planet the BG would have immeadiately recognized your authority and superiority which would have caused him to submit to you with no trouble.

But just try to wrap your head around the concept that in this case he would have not submitted to you....given the above information and no more (cause that's all the officers on the scene had) tell us what would you have done?

What would you be saying of they had allowed him to run to the subway, he had a bomb and he managed to detonate it, killing the officers and scores of innocents? I would be willing to bet that you would be leading the charge to indict the officers and British police in general for being incompetent.
                              I won't honor your acerbity with a response other than this.
                              Retired

Comment

nothing to see here
                                Last edited by olnacl; 05-18-2006, 02:45 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4433 users online. 300 members and 4133 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X