Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't run wearing a thick coat in London

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20050722/D8BGECE01.html
    "People do not like to think. If one thinks, one must reach conclusions. Conclusions are not always pleasant".

Wait, he didn't have a gun...

Comment

Originally posted by Tennsix
      Wait, he didn't have a gun...
      Has it been determined what he had?
      Retired

Comment

No word of that in the article. I was just being a bit sarcastic. There is another thread about a british citizen that complained about the US police drawing down on an apparently unarmed man.

Comment

Moral of the story is...Dont run from the Police.

Comment

Apparently the London Police have recieved orders to shoot to kill, not just stop the action.
            Though their numbers are many, as the grass upon the field, we will count them at the end of the day.

Comment

He wont run from the police again

Great job LEO's in England

Comment

Originally posted by kingsman
                Apparently the London Police have recieved orders to shoot to kill, not just stop the action.
                Shoot to kill with what? British cops are generally unarmed, so what shall they shoot with?
                Talk sense to a fool, and he will call you foolish - Euripides

Comment

Evidently they have armed units patrolling with MP5's amongst other things. I saw a picture of several Metro officers carrying MP5's on the front page of USAToday a few days ago. Perhaps our British friends can clarify?
                  Hail hail the gang's all here, when the going gets tough I know my friends will still be there. - Drop Kick Murphys, "The Gang's all Here"

Comment

Hi Guys!

Yes we do have Armed Officers! CO19! as well as the DPG, Airport, and the SFO Teams! oh and SB as well!

Although most Officers are not armed, some with a quick wit though!

Most of us would like to see more Armed Officers! However like some I think that we should not all be armed........ as some of my collegues should not even have crayons!

I would like to see more use of the Taser though!

Oh I'd better add that the above is for the Met! There are other Armed Teams all across the UK!
                    Last edited by britjase; 07-23-2005, 04:34 AM.
                    Carpe Jugulum

Comment

UK Police: Man Killed Unrelated to Probe
                      By JILL LAWLESS, Associated Press Writer
                      1 hour ago

LONDON - The man shot and killed on a subway car by London police officers before horrified commuters had nothing to do with the investigation into a series of bombings against the city's transit system, police said Saturday.

The man, whose identity has not been released, was shot Friday at a subway station in the south London neighborhood of Stockwell.

A spokesman for Scotland Yard said on customary condition of anonymity that "the man was unconnected to the incidents of Thursday," in which bombs placed on three subway cars and a double-decker bus failed to detonate properly.

The spokesman also said the man was "probably unconnected" to the July 7 subway and bus bombings that killed 56 people, including four attackers.
                      Retired

Comment

Originally posted by retired
                        UK Police: Man Killed Unrelated to Probe
                        By JILL LAWLESS, Associated Press Writer
                        1 hour ago

LONDON - The man shot and killed on a subway car by London police officers before horrified commuters had nothing to do with the investigation into a series of bombings against the city's transit system, police said Saturday.

The man, whose identity has not been released, was shot Friday at a subway station in the south London neighborhood of Stockwell.

A spokesman for Scotland Yard said on customary condition of anonymity that "the man was unconnected to the incidents of Thursday," in which bombs placed on three subway cars and a double-decker bus failed to detonate properly.

The spokesman also said the man was "probably unconnected" to the July 7 subway and bus bombings that killed 56 people, including four attackers.

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooops
                        Just shut your damn hole

Dead Souls-----They keep calling me

Comment

Sh*t happens. If he hadn't have run, he wouldn't have been slotted. One thing is certain however. The officer/s who shot him are going to be hung out to dry by the Job.
                          I'm a little bit waayy, a little bit wooah, a little bit woosh, I'm a geezer.

Comment

Originally posted by Cockney Corner.
                            Sh*t happens. If he hadn't have run, he wouldn't have been slotted. One thing is certain however. The officer/s who shot him are going to be hung out to dry by the Job.
                            Interesting comments. What do you think if anything should happen to the officer who killed him? That is assuming that it turns out he is just a citizen who ran for whatever reason, and wasn't connected to the bombings.
                            Retired

Comment

Originally posted by retired
                              Interesting comments. What do you think if anything should happen to the officer who killed him? That is assuming that it turns out he is just a citizen who ran for whatever reason, and wasn't connected to the bombings.

Can you say Diallo!!!

http://cagle.slate.msn.com/news/diallo/
                              Last edited by 6233108; 07-23-2005, 05:34 PM.
                              Trooperden, akman75, & azmichelle ignored

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4404 users online. 293 members and 4111 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X