Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

British tourist complains of American Officer who pulls gun!

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Matto
    Yap, good job detective.

Sorry I obviously stated in my first posts that I could be wrong, and obviously I was.

DET- I'll share my opinions as I want, this is a message board. Not everyone can be ungodly smart like yourself.
    I'll share an old Irish proverb with you: "Tis beter to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt."

Comment

Coming from the UK from an area with a high crime rate and regular drive by shootings and having to patrol with only mace cuffs and a staff for protection I know exactly where your coming from.

2 years back i carried out a routine traffic stop that turned into a pursuit. (I`m a motorbike cop by the way.) The naughty customer, decided he didn`t want to be chased or stopped so he rammed me from my bike.

Whilst I`m trying to pick myself up with my left arm, because I already have my baton in my right, the nasty man decides to let me have it again. Now I was a bit slow in getting up for two reasons a double fracture to my collar bone, in fact I didn`t get up at all.

So I now have nasty man in family car reversing at me again leaving me with only two lines of defence.

1) Me shouting stop.

2)My drawn baton.

So I shout stop then as a last defiant act throw my baton at the car, to see it bounce of the rear windshield just before his exhausts back box takes off the top of my helmet damaging the top of my spine.

Now I`m ex army and was always considered a good shot with a pistol and I know I could have hit that driver with ease. But the powers that be over here don`t seem to value my life that much and bow to public pressure. Hell 3-4 years ago an officer was convicted of common assault for drawing his baton as the member of the public was upset.

I wouldn`t pay much heed to the complaint of an idiot. Its just that the complaints against the police are a national sport in good old blighty. She has obviously just forgot where she I hoped to make a bit of cash out of the cops.

So to round it up. Simple stops cost you your life, and the British public are stupid. Enough said

Comment

Originally posted by Stan Switek
        I'll share an old Irish proverb with you: "Tis beter to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt."
        What fun is that?

Comment

opinion

Doesn

Comment

[QUOTE=Firebug]Doesn

Comment

No way, it's an us vs them mentality here. Didn't you read the thread about them eating their young?
              I read that and really do not see how it relates to comments made by others ref your remarks on this thread. Rumors and stories about people occur in any work environment, but of course you haven't been there yet. You want us to think you have though.

Comment

No they didnt catch him and yes we ride ST1300. Sort of recovered in a fashion, we all carry one injury or another through to retirement.

Comment

What fun is that?
                  You have removed all doubt.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken K
                    I read that and really do not see how it relates to comments made by others ref your remarks on this thread. Rumors and stories about people occur in any work environment, but of course you haven't been there yet. You want us to think you have though.
                    Hahaha... where have I lead someone to believe I am a police officer? Show me, your so smart. I've stated numerous times I'm not LEO and a lot of my questions pertaining this forum also point to the fact. Sorry chief, you lose.

Comment

Hahaha... where have I lead someone to believe I am a police officer? Show me, your so smart. I've stated numerous times I'm not LEO and a lot of my questions pertaining this forum also point to the fact. Sorry chief, you lose.
                      Maybe because you always post in the squad room, it is just kind of assumed.
                      Hail hail the gang's all here, when the going gets tough I know my friends will still be there. - Drop Kick Murphys, "The Gang's all Here"

Comment

Originally posted by Welpe
                        Maybe because you always post in the squad room, it is just kind of assumed.
                        I just post on topics I find interesting, I think we're all aware you never can tell who's a cop and who's not so whats the point? I NEVER pretend to be a cop, though.

Comment

So what is this tourist going to think about the officer who executed the suspect in the subway today in England?
                          Though their numbers are many, as the grass upon the field, we will count them at the end of the day.

Comment

I just post on topics I find interesting, I think we're all aware you never can tell who's a cop and who's not so whats the point? I NEVER pretend to be a cop, though.
                            Based on your posts, there is little chance one would mistake you for a law enforcement professional.

Comment

Originally posted by Stan Switek
                              Based on your posts, there is little chance one would mistake you for a law enforcement professional.
                              Right, and you're probably a security guard. Get over yourself.

Comment

Right, and you're probably a security guard. Get over yourself.
                                I'll let the REAL cops here form their own opinions.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3700 users online. 172 members and 3528 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X