Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

British tourist complains of American Officer who pulls gun!

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• British tourist complains of American Officer who pulls gun!

I wasn't involved, but recently a British tourist complained after an officer pulled his gun when he encountered a fleeing suspect at a popular place for tourists. The tourist stated that the officer scared her children and that since the suspect didn't have a gun the officer didn't need to pull his! HAHA, if you come over here please don't be ignorant to what surrounds you. Who knows if the perp had a gun, alot carry guns around here. People who think they know all.....to bad I don't have a scrapbook of all the newspaper cutouts of people getting into shootouts with police or jacked up just because they are in the way, so I could show people like this.

To bad there isn't a POP law either!

Originally posted by BayCityBrawler
    I wasn't involved, but recently a British tourist complained after an officer pulled his gun when he encountered a fleeing suspect at a popular place for tourists. The tourist stated that the officer scared her children and that since the suspect didn't have a gun the officer didn't need to pull his! HAHA, if you come over here please don't be ignorant to what surrounds you. Who knows if the perp had a gun, alot carry guns around here. People who think they know all.....to bad I don't have a scrapbook of all the newspaper cutouts of people getting into shootouts with police or jacked up just because they are in the way, so I could show people like this.

To bad there isn't a POP law either!
    I guess it would depend on the situation as to why the suspect was fleeing. Unless he just shot and killed someone I don't know why you'd pull your gun if he was fleeing from you and there were a lot of people around. I could be totally wrong, though.

Comment

It was a robbery by sudden snatching suspect, basically a theft suspect. You must be from a small town or other low crime city to say something like that.

It didn't happen in a crowded area per se, so there wasn't any people in the back ground. The tourist that complained didn't have the gun pointed at her or her kids.

At any rate, I don't care what someone is running for or what crime for that matter, I'm gonna draw a point on them if its not a football tackle situation. (common sense and pedestrians in mind).

I've been blindsided before by the "common criminal" who turns violent, if he see's my laser on his chest, he'll spread eagle quicker than a whore in a whorehouse.
      Last edited by BayCityBrawler; 07-21-2005, 10:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Matto
        I guess it would depend on the situation as to why the suspect was fleeing. Unless he just shot and killed someone I don't know why you'd pull your gun if he was fleeing from you and there were a lot of people around. I could be totally wrong, though.
        It need not be a violent crime for a suspect to kill you. There are numerous documented cases of officers being shot & likked will the suspect was running away from an officer. Do you have any LE experience?

Comment

Originally posted by Stan Switek
          It need not be a violent crime for a suspect to kill you. There are numerous documented cases of officers being shot & likked will the suspect was running away from an officer. Do you have any LE experience?

I know, agree totally Stan, I couldn't believe he made a comment like that. If he is a LEO, he obviously hadn't made it around the block. I understand the crowded area comment, but the severity doesn't USUALLY dictate an officers actions, the subjects actions dictate mine. If they are fleeing there is no way of telling what they will do to get away up to killing an officer.

PS: When cornering a building always swing wide then apex your turn!

Comment

Originally posted by BayCityBrawler
            ... if he see's my laser on his chest, he'll spread eagle quicker than a whore in a whorehouse.
            BEST Quote ever!

Really...that was great!

Comment

If he just shot and killed someone and was running towards more people we'd be doing more than breaking leather....we'd be laying down fire.

A robbery is a violent felony.....just because someone doesnt use a weapon doesn't mean he isn't armed. Sorry i'm not going to go hands on with a robber....he is going to be looking down the wrong end of a barrel and better be following instructions.

Comment

Originally posted by medic_9
                BEST Quote ever!

Really...that was great!
                Medic you stole my response, I already had that copied before I saw your post

Matto, just because the suspect did something small *this time, doesn't mean that's all he's done. Maybe he's wanted for murder and that's the REAL reason he's running from you. Maybe he's on probation or parole and a simple theft charge will send him back to prison for 5 years...maybe he's mentally ill and has a weapon, and is just so scared of you and going to jail that he will kill you (And this stupid English woman's kids)

You just never know. I'm not saying don't be careful around crowds, but it's better to scare a few people by your show of force (On the suspect) than to NOT show sufficient force and risk getting yourself or innocents hurt or killed.
                "He who controls others may be powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still"

-Lao Tzu

"God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference."

-Reinhold Niebuhr

Comment

Originally posted by haus409
                  Medic you stole my response, I already had that copied before I saw your post

Matto, just because the suspect did something small *this time, doesn't mean that's all he's done. Maybe he's wanted for murder and that's the REAL reason he's running from you. Maybe he's on probation or parole and a simple theft charge will send him back to prison for 5 years...maybe he's mentally ill and has a weapon, and is just so scared of you and going to jail that he will kill you (And this stupid English woman's kids)

You just never know. I'm not saying don't be careful around crowds, but it's better to scare a few people by your show of force (On the suspect) than to NOT show sufficient force and risk getting yourself or innocents hurt or killed.
                  True, I guess I was just thinking if the suspect were running away and the immediate area you were in was filled with citizens or tourists walking around it'd be risky to be pointing a loaded gun around.

You learn something new every day

Comment

everything you do from the time you go 10-8 is a "doulbe edged sword" you are danged if you do, danged if you dont, someone will get offended by something you do. by all means pull your weapon if its warranted, just use your primary safety (YOUR FINGER) and it wont fire. ive only seen one weapon fire on its own, and that was a rebuilt hunting rifle, but it didnt fire just from holding it!!

Comment

You did not answer the question Matto, are you or aren't you a LEO. Your opening statement makes me think that you are not. If you have not walked in our shoes as a LEO then please keep your opinions to yourself they make you sound as stupid as the woman from England.

Comment

True, I guess I was just thinking if the suspect were running away and the immediate area you were in was filled with citizens or tourists walking around it'd be risky to be pointing a loaded gun around.

You learn something new every day
                        You know I never understood this... People think just because a suspect is running that he doesn't have a gun. What happens if all the sudden he turns around and starts firing at your ***..

Don't you think you should at LEAST have your damn gun in your hand? If people don't want help..

Don't f*cking call.

Comment

Here's your sign, Bud
                          Do you realize that in about 40 years, we'll have thousands of old ladies running around with tattoos?
                          --------------------------------------------------
                          Common sense... the LEAST COMMON of all of the senses.
                          --------------------------------------------------
                          Why are hemorrhoids called "hemorrhoids" instead of "assteroids"?

Comment

Wanna be

Matto is not an LEO he previously posted the following in a thread as to why he goes on a ride along every Saturday night:

"Why not? I was to pursue this profession and right now I'm not of age to apply so it's as close as I can get."

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue One
                              Matto is not an LEO he previously posted the following in a thread as to why he goes on a ride along every Saturday night:

"Why not? I was to pursue this profession and right now I'm not of age to apply so it's as close as I can get."
                              Yap, good job detective.

Sorry I obviously stated in my first posts that I could be wrong, and obviously I was.

DET- I'll share my opinions as I want, this is a message board. Not everyone can be ungodly smart like yourself.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5282 users online. 266 members and 5016 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X