300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Head start for the academy

To get started on studying the radio codes and traffic codes for the state of Florida how does someone obtaine this information? The information changes from state to state . The codes we use here in Florida would not be used in California right.
    MrAiric7

"Keep Your Priorities in Order"

"Know When to Act Without Hesitation"

They are different department to department even in the same state. You should be able to get the penal and traffic code books at your local police supply store though. Check with the academy you want to go to and see what 10-codes they use and get a copy.
    "Respect for religion must be reestablished. Public debt should be reduced. The arrogance of public officials must be curtailed. Assistance to foreign lands must be stopped or we shall bankrupt ourselves. The people should be forced to work and not depend on government for subsistence." - Cicero, 60 B.C.

For California police academy notes go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CABasicPolice/

Comment

I'd just do a search online. Maybe try searching for PD radio frequencies too. Most scanner sites will also have a reference to 10 and signal codes.
      sigpic

Comment

www.radioreference.com They are a scanner buff site and have 10 codes and signal codes for most major agencies.
        In God we trust, all others are run MILES and NCIC.

Comment

MrAiric7, it depends where in FL you are going to be. Broward uses 10 codes, Dade uses Q codes. Palm Beach used 10 codes, but they are different than Broward slightly. What agency are you going to the academy for?
          In law enforcement, the customer is ALWAYS wrong.

In God we trust. Everyone else is run through NCIC.

Sometimes there is justice. Sometimes there is just us.

I'd rather be tried by 12 then carried by 6.

The opinions given in my posts do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only.

Comment

Originally posted by sflcop
            MrAiric7, it depends where in FL you are going to be. Broward uses 10 codes, Dade uses Q codes. Palm Beach used 10 codes, but they are different than Broward slightly. What agency are you going to the academy for?
            I'm going to apply at Orlando Police dept.,Oviedo Police Dept., Winter Park Police Dept., Casselberry Police Dept.,Orange County Sheriff and Seminole Sheriff.

Should I contact the different departments and see if they use the same codes?
            MrAiric7

Comment

Originally posted by MrAiric7
              I'm going to apply at Orlando Police dept.,Oviedo Police Dept., Winter Park Police Dept., Casselberry Police Dept.,Orange County Sheriff and Seminole Sheriff.

Should I contact the different departments and see if they use the same codes?
              If you're applying to that many different agencies I would suggest not wasting your time on their radio codes or individual traffic codes. Focus on the basic academy and learn the agency specific stuff in the FTO program when you get hired.

Good luck!
              In god we trust, the rest we run through NCIC

Comment

Originally posted by Mid_Ohio_Po
                If you're applying to that many different agencies I would suggest not wasting your time on their radio codes or individual traffic codes. Focus on the basic academy and learn the agency specific stuff in the FTO program when you get hired.

Excellent advice.
                Disclaimer: The writer does not represent any organization, employer, entity or other individual. The first amendment protected views/commentary/opinions/satire expressed are those only of the writer. In the case of a sarcastic, facetious, nonsensical, stirring-the-pot, controversial or devil's advocate-type post, the views expressed may not even reflect those of the writer.

Comment

If you didn't see it posted the other day, Palm Beach County is going to have a job fair coming up.
                  "Get busy dying or get busy living".....Andy Dufrain, Shawshank Redemption

Comment

Thank you everyone, and thanks BlueLeader.
                    I heard that most people have a hard time with the codes and traffic stuff. I just wanted to get a head start and start to study now. I'll contact the academy and see what they suggest.
                    Thanks everyone.
                    MrAiric7

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Leader
                      If you didn't see it posted the other day, Palm Beach County is going to have a job fair coming up.
                      Yup... we have one just about every other week up here.
                      In law enforcement, the customer is ALWAYS wrong.

In God we trust. Everyone else is run through NCIC.

Sometimes there is justice. Sometimes there is just us.

I'd rather be tried by 12 then carried by 6.

The opinions given in my posts do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4433 users online. 277 members and 4156 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X