300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nra Cancels Columbus 2007 Convention Plans

The NRA has cancelled plans to hold it's 2007 Convention in Columbus Ohio in reaction to Columbus passing an assault weapon ban. It's just acity ordinance that firbids certain weapons now legal under Federal Law but the NRA is ****ed. Not good for the Columbus Mayor who is running for Governor in a state that loves their guns.

What i would like to know is what is "Their" Defination of " Assault Weapons "

If its the Liberal defination im sure its a bunch of BS stuff like was in the past so called "assault weapons" ban.

Funny part is that "Assault Weapons" are allready Illegal and for police / military use only.

Assault Weapon.
    An infantry weapon, such as an assault rifle, designed for individual use
    Assault Rifle.
    any of the automatic rifles or semiautomatic rifles with large magazines designed for MILITARY use.
    Semiautomatic.
    Ejecting a shell and loading the next round of ammunition automatically, but requiring a squeeze of the trigger for each shot.
    -Guess that would make 90% of guns (hand and rifle) "illegal"-
    Also depends on your idea of a large magazine. To me a large magazine is 100 rnds. or more. --- back to Revolvers (the ones you have to cock b4 fireing) ...... if were lucky

Comment

Bodie...you are in Columbus, do you have the text of the definition they are using in the Columbus ban?

What I don't get...how do people think that an "assault" weapons ban makes the public more safe? If I hit you on the first shot...why does it matter that I have 19 more in the magazine?

Speaking of magazines....I know how to change them....if 10 isn't enough...I can carry more....*shakinghishead*

I am personally glad to see this move by the NRA
      An impressionable child in a tumultuous world, and they say I'm at a difficult stage... --Meat Loaf

Professional Stupidity Recognition Technician

Comment

They covered everything that was "pre ban" and was banned by the feds before federal ban expired. It is basically worthless legislation at a city level.

Comment

As an NRA member, I applaud the move. It's time these bonehead politicians realize that there are consequences to their actions.
          Talk sense to a fool, and he will call you foolish - Euripides

Comment

I'm glad they did it too I am equally frustrated that our FOP backed the city on a worthless law that has no teeth. You could do better under state or fedeeral charges. We need to see the Mayor get his butt kicked in the Governor's race next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Delta784
              As an NRA member, I applaud the move. It's time these bonehead politicians realize that there are consequences to their actions.

Good Call!

Comment

I think we actually need a legislature that will PASS a statewide preemption law. Same with ccw here....this city will arrest you...that one won't.

Interesting side note....I actually had an academy instructor tell me that if he pulled me over...and I announced that I was a CHL holder....that I would immediately feel the muzzle of his 40 pressed into my ear.

I was surprised by his reaction....but it reinforces the need for statewide laws and ways to respond to situations. One county will look for a reason to arrest a CHL holder...and another will realize the law is obscure in some areas and use common sense.

Stupid things like the Columbus ban should be dealt with by the state I think.
                An impressionable child in a tumultuous world, and they say I'm at a difficult stage... --Meat Loaf

Professional Stupidity Recognition Technician

Comment

Originally posted by zap

Interesting side note....I actually had an academy instructor tell me that if he pulled me over...and I announced that I was a CHL holder....that I would immediately feel the muzzle of his 40 pressed into my ear.

I was surprised by his reaction....but it reinforces the need for statewide laws and ways to respond to situations. One county will look for a reason to arrest a CHL holder...and another will realize the law is obscure in some areas and use common sense.

Wont be long to he is rightfully sued into the poorhouse.

Bodie, I was looking at the Columbus law and did you know that it makes ANY autoloading firearm an assualt Weapon. Good by any auto loading pistol. Stoopid libs.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3239 users online. 204 members and 3035 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X