300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone's.....

Department ordered the new Dodge Chargers yet? They look pretty neat in my opinion, was curious if they're even on the state bid yet? Local department sadly hasn't ordered cars in almost two years thanks to a crappy run city government. I know the Chief said he'd consider Chargers which is a shocker since they've been using CV's forever.

Chrysler will give OSHP a few to test before they decide to buy them to replace CV. OSHP used chrysler for years until they got out of police car biz
    Last edited by Bodie; 07-19-2005, 12:52 PM.

Comment

Whatever they replace the CV with, I hope it has room for us "Manly-men." I've heard that Ford is offering the 500 AWD in a police package. That would be great for us in the winter. I just hope they hold up to the use.
      Extremism in the pursuit of liberty is no vice. Barry Goldwater

Comment

Originally posted by Bodie
        Chrysler will gice OSHP a few to test before they decide to buy them to replace CV. OSHP used chrysler for years until they got out of police car biz
        Should be interesting. I think competition is good, it's obvious Ford still rules the police market so they haven't really had to change anything. I think it's time for Ford to go back to the drawing board.

Comment

Are the seats in the Charger independantly adjustable? I like to sit rather close to the wheel.
          "Respect for religion must be reestablished. Public debt should be reduced. The arrogance of public officials must be curtailed. Assistance to foreign lands must be stopped or we shall bankrupt ourselves. The people should be forced to work and not depend on government for subsistence." - Cicero, 60 B.C.

For California police academy notes go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CABasicPolice/

Comment

keyword "2005 Detroit Auto Show" and they make a nice presentation of the car. At 6'7 I am okay with car. Bucket seats w/ power of course

Comment

Aren't the CVs built better than the Dodges though? I mean, most impalas dont survive active police duty for more than like 60,000 miles, the intrepids apparently did worse than that.....I am skeptical to see how they hold up in the line of duty for all of you LEOs. This is coming from a CV fan so do take it with a grain of salt!

Comment

I'm only 6'4", 275 lbs.,but I find the CV to be a little cramped. I think the handling really stinks on wet or snow covered roads. It does have a good heating/A.C. system. I'm not impressed with the initial takeoff from a dead start. I sincerely hope that whatever replaces it will make up for it's deficiencies.

Comment

Originally posted by CorpRaid3r
                  Aren't the CVs built better than the Dodges though? I mean, most impalas dont survive active police duty for more than like 60,000 miles, the intrepids apparently did worse than that.....I am skeptical to see how they hold up in the line of duty for all of you LEOs. This is coming from a CV fan so do take it with a grain of salt!
                  Yeah but Dodge has bounced back with quality though. Before I would never even get close to one but now it seems like they've got their head on straight and hopefully they listened to what the officers wanted.

Comment

Years ago, it was Dodge that set the standard for police cars. Hopefully, they'll live up to their heritage.

Comment

I heard the Charger police package wasn't coming out until later this year. Personally I like them alot, but I've always been skeptical of 1st year models.

Comment

In the face of the new Charger, Ford has done some updating to the Crown Vic, here is the link:

https://www.fleet.ford.com/showroom/...cPoliceInt.asp

Here are some of the highlights:

-Crown Victoria Police Interceptor offers body-on-frame construction, rear-wheel drive and a V8 powertrain as standard equipment
                        -Government's 5-Star front crash test safety rating - Crown Victoria has received the government's highest 5-Star crash test safety rating for the driver and front passenger for 10 years in a row (1996-2005)
                        -Tested in 75-mph rear-end crash - No other car in the world is tested to this standard!
                        -5 Police Prep Packages are available to customize equipment needs for individual police departments and reduce aftermarket upfitter installation costs
                        -Ford Vehicle Special Order (VSO) available for unique vehicle equipment and special paint options (visit www.fleet.ford.com for more VSO information)
                        -17" wheels and tires now standard on every Crown Victoria Police Interceptor
                        -Engine hour meter is now standard
                        -AM/FM stereo radio now standard for 2006 MY

-Engine - 250-hp 4.6L SEFI V8 (up from 239)
                        Just so there is no confusion, I am a Law Enforcement Student, not a Cop.

Comment

My dept has one Charger forsure maybe 2 going to be ordered in Sept...
                          I guess you can't get them before then...
                          ~Wise men stand behind me, Brave men stand beside me, only Fools stand against me!~

Comment

Originally posted by bigred0383
                            In the face of the new Charger, Ford has done some updating to the Crown Vic, here is the link:

https://www.fleet.ford.com/showroom/...cPoliceInt.asp

Here are some of the highlights:

-Crown Victoria Police Interceptor offers body-on-frame construction, rear-wheel drive and a V8 powertrain as standard equipment
                            -Government's 5-Star front crash test safety rating - Crown Victoria has received the government's highest 5-Star crash test safety rating for the driver and front passenger for 10 years in a row (1996-2005)
                            -Tested in 75-mph rear-end crash - No other car in the world is tested to this standard!
                            -5 Police Prep Packages are available to customize equipment needs for individual police departments and reduce aftermarket upfitter installation costs
                            -Ford Vehicle Special Order (VSO) available for unique vehicle equipment and special paint options (visit www.fleet.ford.com for more VSO information)
                            -17" wheels and tires now standard on every Crown Victoria Police Interceptor
                            -Engine hour meter is now standard
                            -AM/FM stereo radio now standard for 2006 MY

-Engine - 250-hp 4.6L SEFI V8 (up from 239)
                            That's basically reitorating (sp?) what Ford has already done. Ford needs a completely new design and a more powerful motor.

Comment

I keep up with all the car information and from what I am hearing the Charger will be the official car. I have seen about 4 test mules on I-30 around the Rockwall area. The LEO Charger will be on the SRT8 platform with modified changes to the tires and suspension. I bet the revealing of the new Chargers will be just like the Florida State Highway Patrol revealed the Marauder.
                              MY INSTINCT IS TO WIN, DESTROY MY OPPONENT AND MOVE ON WITHOUT ANY HESITATION AT ALL

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2955 users online. 139 members and 2816 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X