300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whyyyyyyyyyy

WHY DO SOME POLICE SNAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Short story: i knew a Sgt whom was the discription of a Great Sgt. He would have your back like a brother. He would take up for you if you get caught up in some mess in the field, and he was the most aggressive person i knew. My only negative outlook towards him was the way he treated his wife. Our squad hung out and this 1 occassion we went to his house for a cookout. He would yell and scream at his wife like she was a criminal on the street. I watched this mans life crumble before my eyes when i read about how he laid his hands on his wife of 10 years and pointed a gun in her face and said "do you know what i could do to you". He was arrested and later ate his service weapon after killing his wife and 3 kids. What happens to US that would make US want to do something like this. LIKE ALL OF US in our own way in our own citys or counties or states or we go through STRESS, some greater than others but always STRESS in some way. The whole point of this statement is have you ever felt like saying [email protected]#K....If so what made you snap. I never want to get to the point where i have these thoughts, thats why i ask the Question. ARE THERE WARNING SIGNS!!
    Last edited by acebpd0304; 07-18-2005, 11:01 AM. Reason: Wrong Heading
    www.swornpigs.com
    ((Everybody's Got A Plan Until They Get Hit))

That's why there are programs in place to get guy's like that Sgt some help but his attitude and ego would probably blind hime to the fact he needed any.

At times after a bad day you need to have some strss relief. work out, walk, a hobby anything that will take you away mind wise from the job,

Me ? I come here and irritate civilians and chase down wannabes and that's great stress relief.

Comment

That's an incredibly unfortunate thing to have happen, but Bodie is correct insomuch as you have to have relief valve to let off some of the day to day stress. Every job has stress and every one needs to have a little down time especially when you work in a poistion with the potential stress level of "Law Enforcement". Take the time to do the things you like and enjoy life a little, every single day.....it helps. Take it easy.
      "We have enough youth, how about a fountain of smart?"

Comment

When life sucks, when work sucks, when I get tired of all of it... I get away awhile. I dont sit around and stew. I used to just sit around in a bad mood. I would argue with my wife and just generally be miserable. I never put hands on my wife but I have been mad enough before to put my hand through the wall.

I dont do that anymore, I just leave.

With the stress in life, especially involved in police work we have to have a valve that we can blow off some steam once in awhile.

Everyone should have a thing that they do that refreshes them. Something that they can do to get away from normal life awhile and just enjoy themselves.

I have a nature trail by my house. It is a dirt path that winds through a State Park. It is beautiful with trees overhanging it and deep woods all around, bluffs and a stream by it. I get my headphones on my head and I hit the trail and will run till I am completely exhausted. Thats my thing...
        Retired 02/01/13

Comment

True

Yeah stress release is very important to P/O's You ever think about this statement made by that officer who shot his self in the bathroom in i believe arizona. he called his wife and left a message saying.."""You know everytime somebody calls me, or stops me, or even waves me down they are having a F*#KED up day, thats all i see""" deep stuff.
          www.swornpigs.com

Comment

Thanks. That really is comforting. I could never imagine my husband of 5 years, who has been a cop for 10, boil up like that. He's stuck on his job like there's no tomorrow but dayum........that's some serious stuff.

Comment

Stress Relief

* * * Former Fed BOP * * *

Working 56 hours a week on the inside of a max-sec facility didn't seem stressful to me, but my wife sure did notice when I "brought the job home". After about the third time of her telling me that my attitude sucked, I finally listened to her and found something to help me "de-stress". Albeit with other Correctional Officers, I went fishing at least once per week (after the 16-24 shift). Very rarely caught anything, but that wasn't the point. We were able to get to know each other off the job, and as the FNG, I was able to listen to the war stories and learn a thing or two.

I miss those days.
              Ken
              I must go down to the seas again to the vagrant gypsy life, To the gull's way and the whale's way where the wind's like a whetted knife; And all I ask is a merry yarn from a laughing fellow-rover, and quiet sleep and a sweet dream when the long trick's over.

Comment

Superman/ Clark Kent

I completley seperate my self from my job when im off... Other than a few of my neighbors most of them think i am a car salesmen lmao. My main goal is too never ever bring stuff home, only thing im bringing home is $$$ From superman to Clark Kent.
                www.swornpigs.com

Comment

?

[QUOTE=toni_tk]Thanks. That really is comforting. I could never imagine my husband of 5 years, who has been a cop for 10, boil up like that. He's stuck on his job like there's no tomorrow but dayum........that's some serious stuff. [/QUOTE

Do you get tired of him being away or is it something you have excepted
                  www.swornpigs.com

Comment

I've personally known more Cops that offed themselves on the job than were killed by accident or Homicide (4 vs 3).

I don't know what that says about either my own Agency (2 of each were there) or LEO support in general over the past 20 or so years in my area.

I personally believe that my Agency has their priorities seriously misplaced. It was my experience that they would rather screw with people administratively than to attempt to determine what kind of underlying cause may have gotten skewed, and would rather assume the worst of their former model employees than actually care to know the facts...which is pretty bad for a business in which investigating the facts should be the norm.

At my Agency I've also known 5 that were terminated and should have been charged with various Felony offenses, all were Supervisors, and one DID go on to be charged by a nearby agency when he took his cruiser and began ramming the porch of the guy he thought his wife was screwing while his wife was coming down the steps. He was committed for awhile and the charges dropped.
                    Do you realize that in about 40 years, we'll have thousands of old ladies running around with tattoos?
                    --------------------------------------------------
                    Common sense... the LEAST COMMON of all of the senses.
                    Why are hemorrhoids called "hemorrhoids" instead of "assteroids"?

Comment

I really don't understand why someone would let this **** bother them. I mean, I have gotten into some very stressful situations, but it's over and at the end of shift it's time to go home. I may think about it some that day maybe and then it's gone. This stuff does not bother me. Maybe I am just selfish, but what goes on at work has nothing to do with me and I could care less.

Comment

Worked with a guy w/the same mentality. He would listen to Christian music all day and profess to be a Christian, but when his wife would call he would yell at her and call her a f***ing b**ch and comence to continue the name calling and the derogatory remarks about her for a long time after hanging up w/her. Couldn't stand the b***tard myself.

Comment

from the instances that i have observed and been informed of, it seems that because law enforcement is such a high stress job, sometimes coping with that stress can be hard for some. when people deal with the worst of the worst everyday it understandably takes it's toll on them and some can't take anymore.
                          i live with a correctional officer and he doesn't know how to "leave it at work" so i get to see him all stressed and irritated. yes, sometimes his own well-being does worry me.

Comment

Originally posted by curlyblue
                            Worked with a guy w/the same mentality. He would listen to Christian music all day and profess to be a Christian, but when his wife would call he would yell at her and call her a f***ing b**ch and comence to continue the name calling and the derogatory remarks about her for a long time after hanging up w/her. Couldn't stand the b***tard myself.
                            Your partner sounds like Dawg the Bounty Hunter... Cuss'em, 'Cuff'em, Save 'em...

I especially get irritated by those people with the fish on the trunk and plastic Bobblehead Jesus on the dash when they cut me off in traffic.
                            Do you realize that in about 40 years, we'll have thousands of old ladies running around with tattoos?
                            Common sense... the LEAST COMMON of all of the senses.
                            Why are hemorrhoids called "hemorrhoids" instead of "assteroids"?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4807 users online. 310 members and 4497 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X