300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• +1 for the "good guys"

Well I went riding with the drug interdiction officer from my home town again last night. He works the interstate that runs right by our city so I ride with him just about every saturday night. The city is about 20,000 population but we're right next to another city of around 85,000 with a lot higher crime rate. So we're rolling down 40 East and hear a call on the radio about a gas station on the edge of town called in and said it had been robbed at gun point. So we flip around and head that way, we roll up and there is already about 4 city units and about 3 county units there. We set up a perimeter around the building and few of the offcers go to the houses around there to see if they've heard or seen anything.

About an hour later they're beginning to start the crime scene and the trail is cold. One of the ACO's wife calls in later on that night and says she saw a silver car sitting just North of the gas station on the side of the road. Well I end up going home around 3 in the morning.

I wake up this morning and find out the robber ended up going over to the larger city next to us and robbing a gas station there. He headed back over this way and got into pursuit with a couple of county units and ended up dumping his car in a little town about 15 miles away. One of the detectives from the department here went out there and again they set up a perimeter around the woods he dumped the car in. The detective ended up finding and arresting him.

Ended up being a successful night for the Police.

You do a ridealong every Saturday night?
    Hail hail the gang's all here, when the going gets tough I know my friends will still be there. - Drop Kick Murphys, "The Gang's all Here"

Comment

Originally posted by Welpe
      You do a ridealong every Saturday night?
      Yeah my dad is a Captain at the Police department so I'm able to ride along with the Police there.

Comment

I'm just wondering why you'd want to do so many, that's all.
        Hail hail the gang's all here, when the going gets tough I know my friends will still be there. - Drop Kick Murphys, "The Gang's all Here"

Comment

Originally posted by Welpe
          I'm just wondering why you'd want to do so many, that's all.
          Why not? I was to pursue this profession and right now I'm not of age to apply so it's as close as I can get.

Comment

Diversify, Spend every other Saturday vollunteering and a youth drop-in centre. You be a better cop for it, and besides you'll have less basd habits to break when you get to the academy.

If there is a community policing office vollunteer there so you can learn some of the paperwork.

Good luck

Comment

I'd probably get bored doing a ride along every weekend. While the ones I've done have been interesting and educational, I just don't see the point in doing them that often. But if you're enjoying them, then so be it. Just hope the officer isn't tired of riding with you.

Comment

Matto,

I appreciate your enthusiasm but get out and be a teenager....you'll have plenty of time when you get hired to work Saturday nights

Comment

Originally posted by jefsmith77
                  Matto,

I appreciate your enthusiasm but get out and be a teenager....you'll have plenty of time when you get hired to work Saturday nights
                  Heh, well, it's my way of staying out of trouble I guess. I don't really party but I usually take Friday nights to spend with my friends then on saturdays I'll ride with him. As far as another poster talking about breaking bad habits we primarily do traffic stops and he's probably one of the better trained officers I've seen so I'm not worried about any bad habbits.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4975 users online. 277 members and 4698 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X