Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pigeon
    replied
    I have no complaints with the forum. I don't post often because I don't like to sound stupid, even when I don't know the people I'm talking to.

Leave a comment:

• mark8
    replied
    Originally posted by Bodie
    Rule number one never let'em know if you are coming or going or if you'll be back. A street wise cop varies every thing has no routine and will double back to get crap started.

I doubled back ................... Any issue with that go to Civilian.com please.
    BODIE ROCKS.

Leave a comment:

• Jellybean400
    replied
    I think that idea musta went out the window...i see tons of postings in there that arent from LE. (And not just the original question.)

Leave a comment:

• chiefhuntr
    replied
    Posting

As far as I can tell, NO NON-COP should post in the ask a cop section.....

UNLESS OF COURSE HE/SHE STAYED AT A HOLIDAY INN LAST NIGHT.

Leave a comment:

• not_a_cop
    replied
    I like the candid discussions / interesting topics that come up on this board. It's also one of the few places where you can see what LEOs really have to say about things--as opposed to media sources that like to put words in their mouths (people will claim that most police are anti-gun, for example).

It might be nice to have the "verified" tags next to the names, but I'd hate for all the good stuff to disappear into a restricted section...

Leave a comment:

• CGPD4566
    replied
    My thoughts on O.com is that moderators are biased. Take for example my 10day ban. I was banned for "attacking" a forum member, yet that particular forum member attacks everyone and receives no reprocussion. If you're going to have rules, make them uniform...not selective. Other than that I like this board, but banning me is no "punishment"..I just am a little sore that I was banned for defending myself and then I hear that the attacks made on me went unrecognized and that member received no punishment.

In the topic I'm speaking of, this forum member titled his reply "STUPID SECURITY GUARD"! I mean christ, how blatant of an attack is that and yet the moderators just overlooked it...oh well, only a forum.

Leave a comment:

• Styx
    replied
    Originally posted by Soleil_nuage
    Really? We joined O.com at the same time and I haven't made any friends. I think I've made enemies. Not that I am necessarily looking for friends anyway...
    WOW.....that hurts !

Leave a comment:

• e-man
    replied
    WOW I just dont know what to say. SO I will just say I love it all, there I said it. I enjoy posting to rookies and NON LEOs on The Job. I know Ive earned the ability to post about MY experience in Police work. Now I also love the non police stuff. I have 'met' tons of friends from this place, If anything on here annoys someone, Just DONT COme Here. We appreciate all types on here, cops, retired cops, C.Os, military guys {especially military guys}. And even the civies, wether their married to cops or not, Its the internet for G-Ds sake.
    But I do enjoy spending too much of my life here, {thanks Q, TK, Toni, Styx, Lady, Butter, Delta, Bodie, DaveUtah, SWAT,CREED and all the other peeps on here}
    P.S.- dont we all miss Wolvie Jeez I almost forgot my Coffee King
    Eman

Leave a comment:

• Java King
    replied
    I must say that the O.Com staff has done a great job in these last few days cleaning up the dust. I only have one comment for you "Blue Bleeders" out there. Most people here (and again I stress most ) are here because they look up to or support the police. They either enjoy chatting with others in the LE field or they're here aspiring to one day become Police Officers. It is not right to bash the police supporters on this forum. If someone is being an idiot, that is obvious & they deserve what they get. But to make unnecessary comments towards people here who are the police supporters and not in LE is downright wrong. Remember, there's enough people that don't like you out on the streets. I believe most people here are friends of the men & women in blue.

Leave a comment:

• LvNjPoles
    replied
    I don

Leave a comment:

• mosetti
    replied
    I like O.com. The mix of people makes for very lively debates and it can give us some very useful insights. The only problem that I have is when replies turn into personal attacks. I have, unfortunately, made a post or two that could be concieved that way and have been pulled back into the light by other members. I am glad to see the moderators are turning thier attention to this problem and it will only improve this already very good site.

Leave a comment:

• Jellybean400
    replied
    Originally posted by LvNjPoles
    Can you please state your reason to have a Civilian Only forum on o.com?
    We could all write about our bad experiences with cops, and none of them could say a thing about it. Just kidding OF COURSE

I have no complaints...except for that petty ticket i got for having one of the lights alongside my back license plate out

As for what the site used to be like, i was on the site over 5 years ago, before the new management took over. I've just recently been trying it out again.
    Last edited by Jellybean400; 07-19-2005, 02:51 AM.

Leave a comment:

• JohnKelly
    replied
    Officer.com

Originally posted by BrickCop
    I love having civilians on this site, and I am one of the biggest proponents of it. I enjoy discussing LE and non LE topics alike with them. I enjoy and respect posts by civilians like Welpe, Styx,TXlady, retired...( ).

I'll admit annoyance when some folks lose sight of the fact that this is a police oriented BB. There are only two out of the many forums that are restricted to cops, albeit on the honor system. One is the Squad Room and the other is Ask a Cop (for replies).

On the job we have to put up the yellow crime scene tape to restrict unauthorized access. Does it have to come to that to get some folks to understand that at it's core this is a police oriented BB? The civilians who continually insist that they should answer questions on Ask a Cop will be the one's responsible when one of those categories is totally restricted from their view.

The other thing that frosts my muscular *** is the folks that have only joined the site recently giving their critiques on what's wrong with it. Don't get me wrong they have just as much of a right to be on here as I do. My point is that this site has more or less been doing just fine in the 5 years I've been on it. I look forward to sharing laughs, exchanging views and voicing differing opinions but I have little tolerance for the easily offended, attention seeking drama queens who use this BB seeking validation.

If you like this forum then I say welcome, post often and enjoy. If you don't like it that's fine too but we don't need you to post dopey polls and pointless declarations about...well...about dumb personal ****.
    I endorse and support the above comments made by BrickCop. About the only comment that I would add is that I think that Officer.com made the mistake of allowing too many Americans on the site.

Cheers.

Leave a comment:

• Straight Up
    replied
    O.com

Leave a comment:

• That Guy
    replied
    Originally posted by BrickCop
    The other thing that frosts my muscular *** is the folks that have only joined the site recently giving their critiques on what's wrong with it. Don't get me wrong they have just as much of a right to be on here as I do. My point is that this site has more or less been doing just fine in the 5 years I've been on it. I look forward to sharing laughs, exchanging views and voicing differing opinions but I have little tolerance for the easily offended, attention seeking drama queens who use this BB seeking validation.
    I agree. This site has had it's ups and downs like I had mentioned before. People need to get over theirselves and remember that evryone has thier own opnion.

TGY

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3818 users online. 257 members and 3561 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X