Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is no warning saying that you are posting a restricted area because they don

Comment

Originally posted by Entre Nous
      Am I the only civilian who gets irritated by other civilians posting in the Squad Room? Are any officers bothered by this? Does anyone else think that officers would be less likely to want a restricted section if civilians would not post in the Squad Room? This isn't off-topic, is it?

If nobody else has an issue with this, then I'll shut up about it.
      Absolutely not, I completely agree with your previous post. I think it shows a certain lack of respect to ignore the rules and post in the Squad Room. I notice sometimes people do it by mistake but they usually catch themselves. No harm, no foul. I've done that too.
      Hail hail the gang's all here, when the going gets tough I know my friends will still be there. - Drop Kick Murphys, "The Gang's all Here"

Comment

[QUOTE=Soleil_nuage]

2. "This thread is so lame" comments and pictures: if you don't like the thread, DON'T READ IT. As you cops say, "move along. Nothing to see here". If a thread is unpopular (or lame), it will have few to no posts. Things tend to sort themselves out without such asinine and rude comments. Besides what is lame is different from person to person.

3. "This topic has been already been addressed" comments: okay, in a few cases, a topic has already been addressed recently, particularly if it is a specific question. New people join O.com everyday and so there is a different mix of people and new dynamics. I don't like someone telling me that a topic was addressed in 1999. How about giving newer people a chance to add their opinions and debate that topic?

Very well said. We need to police ourselves with some personal constraint. There is a fairly new thread out that I consider not worth comment, so I won't respond to it. It's from someone whose buttons I have lately enjoyed pushing, but why push this one. My response could only be sarcastic, so I'll ignore it. Others may find his story worth reading. It was exciting (sorry there I go again)!

While some topics may not have been discussed lately, many have and search should be used. This same individual started a thread on a topic which I searched and found numerous threads, even one dated 6-29 with a response as current as 7-12, but when I pointed out the topic was old, he said times change and he wanted current info. Kind of in my face too. Now I didn't provide these dates, and I bet he thought my response was in his face, so I guess I should have refrained.

Keep in mind many of these are the old crystal ball questions that no one can really answer and have been asked too dang many times. Hence the sometimes curt reply from other members.

So from now on, if I think a thread is "lame", I'll ignore it. If I post a thread someone thinks is lame, I'll expect the same treatment. Thank you.

Comment

While I know some people get all caught up in the O.com drama, I for one find it very entertaining. What would everyone talk about if little forum-wars such as these didn't exist? O.com would be one hell of a boring place if no one disagreed.

Deep down inside, you all love the drama and cry-babying. Think about it, what would o.com be if no potheaded kids with the big blue dream were verbally manhandled by a bunch of cops for even inquiring about their chances of joining the force? Many probably see it for an annoyance but come on...thats what makes o.com interesting!

As far as the personal attacks and polls, I think everyone just needs to chill out. Of course there will be some bickering amoung members but lets just keep it at that. In a month, it wont matter who said or did what to whom and why.

So I guess what I'm trying to say is......Just take a second to appreciate all the good things o.com has to offer (including dream-bashing, name-calling, cry-babying, and down right brutal verbal attacks ) Without such simple pleasures, where would we all be?

Thanks everyone and o.com for the cheap entertainment

Comment

Am I the only civilian who gets irritated by other civilians posting in the Squad Room? Are any officers bothered by this? Does anyone else think that officers would be less likely to want a restricted section if civilians would not post in the Squad Room? This isn't off-topic, is it?

If nobody else has an issue with this, then I'll shut up about it.

Is this off -topic....dont know..
            I don't get irritated because the only time I have ever read or posted in the squad room is by accident. I usually check out the new posts feature in here, rather than looking through the main menu. Its faster, but if I see something that look sinteresting, I will read it and maybe respond......if it has been in the Squad room, I usually discover that after I have posted and OOOPSSS ..edit it out. If an officer gets irritated by my post .....no skin off my nose; I should have been more aware. Frankly,the real wordl, I get irritated if someone gives me advice on parenting or being a wife when they themselves are neigher a parent or married. I understand how they feel.

I am paying more attention so as not to accidentally post in the Squad room.....not that I am being obediant or anything, I just realize that its a boundry I dont wish to cross out of respect.

It is not my place to tell anybody whether they are being petty.....thats objective. Whats petty to me may be serious issue with another. Who am I to tell anybody how to feel anyway?

O.com does what they have to do to keep us from ripping each other to shreds...you couldnt pay me enough money to be a mod for any forum.....tough job, if you ask me. I have enough to deal with being a mod in my own home; keeping coyotes, lizards and my toddler from colliding ......I will stick to that.

Comment

In the last 16hrs we have had great responses to this topic. In the beginning it started off on the wrong front, but you have bounced back. This shows that people can respect one another

Comment

Am I the only civilian who gets irritated by other civilians posting in the Squad Room?
                Sort of. It irritates me when civs answer questions that should be answered only by LEOs.

On the flip side ...

I think I have posted in Squad Room before, but as a general rule I try to respect it as LEO-only. If I do post, it's to ask questions to get LEO to elaborate on their answers. It's just a matter of personal discretion.

Comment

I posted this earlier but I think the thread got deleted. Officer.com is a forum for LEOs that happens to allow non LEOs to participate. I don't believe that civilians have any business in the restricted areas regardless of whether or not they think they may have something to contribute. I also consider "Ask a Cop" to be a restricted area. The title in itself speaks loud and clear. I have posted a couple of times where I shouldn't have because I wasn't paying attention to the thread origin. I'm careful now to check that before posting anything.

The officers here are kind enough to answer our questions and allow us to glimpse into their world. I think we should show our respect by staying out of the restricted areas...we have no business there and certainly haven't earned the right to be there.
                  "Only imperfection is intolerant of imperfection"

Comment

I think there should be a Civilians Only forum on officer.com.

Comment

Drama ?????

We have None Here ..............................

Comment

Can you please state your reason to have a Civilian Only forum on o.com?

That

Comment

[QUOTE=LvNjPoles]Can you please state your reason to have a Civilian Only forum on o.com?

That

Comment

Originally posted by savage4presiden
                            I think there should be a Civilians Only forum on officer.com.
                            Nope....wouldnt be any fun. We pm each other for that.....there is always e-mail.
                            A wise man in O.com once told me "Save the Drama for your mama" and I try to remember that anytime something bugs me...anywhere.

Comment

What's all this talk about drama. I was I was freakin' not being serious.

Comment

OK savage you have no reason for a Civilians Only forum. Just something that popped up in your head. OK.

My Drama remark was in reply to Bobie.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4357 users online. 300 members and 4057 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X