Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is fine is the topic stays on target. If it doesn't and we have to step in with another reported post here or two of people attacking each other, it will close.

WebTeam
    sigpic
    The Web's Source for Law Enforcement
    PM for Technical Support or visit our contact page.

Comment

Originally posted by cst.sb
      Too funny

Is there a Civilian.com?

I wonder what the conversations would be like... hmmm, I see it in my minds eye right now, and it's pretty boring!

I am so bored right now. I forgot how bad dial up sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by OfficerDotCom
        This is fine is the topic stays on target. If it doesn't and we have to step in with another reported post here or two of people attacking each other, it will close.

WebTeam

I am SO glad I did not follow through with my original name choice. (OcciferDotCom)

Comment

Thank you OfficerDotCom.

I hope you all heard what he said and if you continue going off topic other people will not be heard for their opinion on this subject matter.

Just remember one thing we are guest on this site and unwanted guest can be banned. Hopefully that wont happened to you.

Comment

One thing I like about Officer.com is that the Squad Room is open to civilians to read. I understand why the officers would prefer a restricted section, and I hope they get one, but I admit that I will be somewhat disappointed. The discussion in the Squad Room may not always be politically correct, or diluted to make it palatable to civilians, but it seems to be honest and real. I like being allowed to "listen in" even if I'm not able to post, and I've learned a lot.

But I really have a problem with civilians posting in the Squad Room, especially since it sometimes seems to change the whole tone of the discussion. Some do it accidentally, but there are others who do it habitually and seem to think it's okay - maybe because nobody has complained, or maybe because they're the son of a cop. (I won't mention any names.) When some civilians post in the Squad Room, it makes everyone think it's no big deal, and then it's hard to say some civilians can and some civilians can't. I think we should all make an effort to stay out of the Squad Room, and maybe the officers won't be so anxious to have a restricted section.

BTW, I'm glad that Bodie didn't leave too.

The Donut Shop : A Cop-Friendly Forum

(Please PM me for faster admittance.)

Comment

Originally posted by LvNjPoles
              If you want to vent take it somewhere else not on my thread.

Thank you
              Oops! Back to the thread. I think we are all grown up enough to handle a litle tease. I don't think there should be any censorship, unless there is racism, something overly sexist (cause we love when you girls talk down to us!), or a threat.

For those who get offended easily, find some where else to go, or thicken up the skin. Especially those looking for a career as an LEO, because imagine if a comment on here hurts, how much a fist is gonna.

As for civies, you guys make it fun, you challenge us, we can learn from you and vice versa, but there is stuff I would like to post publicly and privately only for other officers to comment on. The rest of the boards are fair game.

Oh yeah, one last thing, the "ask a cop" section should have minimal civi imput. I have no problem if someone who lets say, asks how to apply some PD and one of you guys has just applied there and jumps in with an answer, that's apropriate.

Personally, I love also good flame. I've laughed so hard at some of the stuff posted here that wife has come down to see if I'm ok.

And if thing go round and round, or if a thread has had it's day and gets hyacked, by a better topic, then great!

Sadly, it's not my website and I have no control over it.

Oh yeah, and I am against erasing or locking out the threads

Was that the topic?

Comment

Cst.sb I am not trying to censors, but some people can

Comment

[QUOTE=LvNjPoles]

Comment

Am I the only civilian who gets irritated by other civilians posting in the Squad Room? Are any officers bothered by this? Does anyone else think that officers would be less likely to want a restricted section if civilians would not post in the Squad Room? This isn't off-topic, is it?

If nobody else has an issue with this, then I'll shut up about it.

Comment

Since you ask Entre Nous what you said is not off type. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Entre Nous
                        Am I the only civilian who gets irritated by other civilians posting in the Squad Room? Are any officers bothered by this? Does anyone else think that officers would be less likely to want a restricted section if civilians would not post in the Squad Room? This isn't off-topic, is it?

If nobody else has an issue with this, then I'll shut up about it.
                        Well I am not a civilian, or a civilian cop, but I do get irritated by it. I have posted there by accidant, but I try to keep myself good about it.
                        RIP Brett Thompson, 17, 09/12/1989-09/14/2006

Seatbelts save lives

Comment

Originally posted by Soleil_nuage

Having said this, I have a couple of pet peeves:

1. Hijacking threads: going a little off-topic is fine but taking a thread into a whole other direction, with meaningless backing and forthing between two or three individuals is really annoying. And it is disrespectful to the thread starter.

2. "This thread is so lame" comments and pictures: if you don't like the thread, DON'T READ IT. As you cops say, "move along. Nothing to see here". If a thread is unpopular (or lame), it will have few to no posts. Things tend to sort themselves out without such asinine and rude comments. Besides what is lame is different from person to person.

3. "This topic has been already been addressed" comments: okay, in a few cases, a topic has already been addressed recently, particularly if it is a specific question. New people join O.com everyday and so there is a different mix of people and new dynamics. I don't like someone telling me that a topic was addressed in 1999. How about giving newer people a chance to add their opinions and debate that topic?

4. Ask A Cop section: I know I'll get flamed for this one. Only cops should answer questions in this section. If you're not a cop, but would like to comment, say you're not a cop.
                          Excellent post...i totally agree. I dont have alot of time to read posts, so when i check, and search and search posts in a thread, only to find NONE on the original topic, it wastes my time. But, i dont expect anyone to care about that except me

I also have ALMOST posted in the Squad Room, because of checking New Posts. But i havent. I think officers not only dont want civs posting in Squad Room, but they want a restricted area to post that the public cant read. That's where the verification process and passwords come in.

Comment

Originally posted by usafcop64528
                            Well I am not a civilian, or a civilian cop
                            Oh yeah, I forgot about you military guys. (Sorry. ) What's the proper word for a non-cop?

Anyway, glad to know I'm not the only one who gets irritated by the non-cop Squad Room posts.

Comment

Originally posted by Jellybean400
                              I think officers not only dont want civs posting in Squad Room, but they want a restricted area to post that the public cant read. That's where the verification process and passwords come in.
                              Yes, I understand that. But it seems like the subject of a restricted forum usually comes up when the non-cops get irritating. I've almost posted in the Squad Room too, but didn't get very far. Does some kind of warning come up saying it's a restricted forum? That would be helpful.
                              ..................................................

Comment

Originally posted by Jellybean400
                                I think officers not only dont want civs posting in Squad Room, but they want a restricted area to post that the public cant read. That's where the verification process and passwords come in.
                                I think there is a need for both, private and public rooms. Not to insult civi contributers to o.com, there are police safety issues, (we can't give away all our secrets) and sometimes the incident we want to talk about may be to identifiable to talk about in a open public forum. the post may be read by the subjects family members, laywers, or the bad guy themselves. Hense, the need for a private room. (if the O.com gods felt it was an reasonable of course)

For me, I would still post my police officer only questions in a public area so people with an interest can learn from it as well, with the above noted exceptions of course.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2895 users online. 190 members and 2705 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X