Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have Progressive Insurance????

CANCEL IT!

http://www.gocarolinas.com/partners/wsoctv/news/ap_story.html/National/AP.V5831.AP-ACLU-Gift.html

Billionaire Gives $8 Million to the ACLU

CLEVELAND (AP)--Billionaire insurance executive Peter B. Lewis gave $8 million to the American Civil Liberties Union, its largest-ever individual gift, with no strings attached.

Lewis, who is known for making demands when he makes donations, was already the ACLU's most generous individual donor, contributing $7 million in 2001. He has been a member since 1972.

The Chronicle of Philanthropy ranked Lewis among the nation's top 10 most generous givers for 2001, but he also has a reputation for keeping an eye on his money.

Last month, Lewis gave $12 million to the Guggenheim Museum but first ordered the director to cut costs.

He also gave $36.9 million toward the Peter B. Lewis Building, home of Case Western Reserve's Weatherhead School of Management, which opened in October. He began the citywide donation boycott during the building's construction, saying he believed the private university was poorly managed and that its national academic stature fell short of its potential.

As he hoped, the boycott forced a change in the university's board, which Lewis called ``a good step,'' but he has not yet released the funds.

Lewis is chairman of Mayfield, Ohio-based Progressive Corp., the nation's fourth largest auto insurer.

___

On the Net:

http://www.aclu.org

Money would have been better spent giving to North Korea. And YES, I DO mean that.
    People have more fun than anybody.

Oh, I canceled them out long ago.. customer service.. whatever! I went with geico instead and despite having long hold times, am pretty happy with them.
    No partner is worth your tears -
    the one that is won't make you cry. - Anonymous

<a href="http://www.renderosity.com/gallery.ez?Form.SortOrder=UserName&Start=1&Artist= Raychel&ByArtist=Yes" target="_blank">My Photo Gallery</a>

Comment

I could use $8 million dollars.

Comment

I had it a few years ago - found cheaper Ins. and canceled Progressive. They charaged me an arm and a leg to cancel the policy. They were not friendly at all. POOR Cust. Serv.

Comment

Cant get them in Jersey... or Geico... no one who writes "reasonably" priced policies will write in Jersey.
          "You did what you knew how to do...and when you knew better, you did better." ~~Maya Angelou

Comment

I had them, then dropped them...customer service sucked! I'm now with State Farm.

Comment

I have progressive. Its the cheapest I could find on short notice around here. When my policy expires I will probably try and find a new company. Hopefully I can find someone even cheaper. Some ins companies wont even cover me. They say my truck is too old...'74 chevy.
              TRAVIS ED WILLIAMS
              Police Officer
              Mesquite, Texas, P.D.
              Mesquite, TX
              Date of Death: 09/23/1974

Comment

They were dirt cheap when I lived in Cali but when I moved to MN the rates went through the roof. I scammed about a year of cheap ins though cause I renewed online [Wink] For some reason I couldn't transfer the policy and had to get a whole new one. Wierd.

But yes the money would have been better spent buying fuel oil or food for N.K. Though if they weren't such a poorly run country they could feed themselvs.
                On the wings of a dove
                Let's roll for justice
                Let's roll for truth
                Let's not let our children grow up
                Fearful in their youth -- Neil Young

Comment

Every time I checked with Progressive, they were the HIGHEST of all of my quotes, despite what their TV ads claim.

Comment

I carry USAA insurance and have never found anyone cheaper. It's available to servicemen or former servicemen but I think you have to get it within a certain time period of leaving the service.
                    As for Progressive...I'll give them this. I love their new ad campaign. Especially the one with the guy who changes his nasty roommate into a beautiful red head...and the dwarf is nice too!

Comment

I'm real happy with USAA but detest most other insurance companies.
                      Paul

Comment

I have Progressive on my M/C only because it was a matter of convienience at the time I registered it.
                        My 3 cars and house are insured by Liberty Mutual which has been my insurer for years so, I guess it's time to add the bike to that policy also.
                        " Life's disappointments are harder to take when you don't know any swear words." - Calvin

Comment

StateFarm all the way. They give you a 15% discount if you have multiple vehicles on the policy. Although, I've had state farm for years. It's the cheapest for me.
                          Oh... Oh... I know you di-int!

Comment

I live eight miles form Mayfield Heights. Peter J. Lewis once gave a talk to several hundred employees and anounced he wanted to die while having sex. He is alos the biggest individual contributor to NORML.

Comment

Doesn't EVERYONE want to die having sex?

I mean, if ya' gotta die ...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5675 users online. 368 members and 5307 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X