300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Louisiana Deputy slain in shooting

A Franklin Parish Sheriff's Deputy was shot and killed Friday night apparently by a man who was upset with crop dusters spraying near his home. The deputy was identified on ODMP.com as Sgt. Roy Gonzales.

The series of events began in early evening when a crop duster pilot reported being shot at by a man on the ground. Two to three deputies responded to the complaint where the suspect, Jim Temple was found to be armed with several firearms. The suspect refused to disarm and started firing shots at the deputies. A second deputy was hit and was treated for minor wounds. The suspect was shot and killed by the responding deputies.

Friday night's shooting was the second recorded shooting of a law enforcement officer in Franklin Parish in less than a year. On October 10, Wisner Assistant Chief Bill "Putt" Linder was shot and killed after a confrontation with a burglary suspect, Ray Bingham.

***'t Chief Linder's son is still employed with the Franklin Parish Sheriff's Department as a road deputy and was one of the deputies who was involved in the shooting of the suspect.

I will advise as soon as other information is received concerning funeral arrangements. Our prayers go out to the Sgt. Gonzales' family and fellow deputies during this very sad time. May God surround you with his love and comfort. To the fallen brother, "go rest high on that mountain....your work here on earth is done"......we will carry on in your memory.

72na55
    Last edited by 72na55; 07-16-2005, 06:17 PM. Reason: name released

I'm sorry to hear this. Too many hurt and killed in LE.

My thoughts and prayers for his fellow officers, family, and friends.

I'm sure there will be a number of protests and outcries for the rights of the officer and the excessive force used by the suspect. The suspect should have found a more suitable way of dealing with the police.
    Job description as told by an old timer: "Drive fast cars, look at pretty women, and drink coffee".

Comment

Rest in Peace, my God bless your soul.

Suspects may burn in hell

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3510 users online. 180 members and 3330 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X