Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Long Guns

After learning about Savannah

Anytime you want to spend money, people will come crawling out of the woodwork with reasons not to. Especially when it comes to things like rifles for patrol officers.

In my department it has taken two and a half years of wheeling and dealing, but in June of this year we achieved our goal of having a Bushmaster .223 rifle issued to everyone in the patrol division. Once you compare a rifle to a pistol, a shotgun, or a pistol-caliber carbine, it's exceedingly easy to see why you should spend the money.
    Cogito ergo summopere periculosus.

Comment

The only time I pull out the long gun is when I'm dealing with animals larger than myself.

Comment

Speaking of long guns, has anyone seen the video of our guys sniping the Taliban at long range in Afganistan? WOW!

Comment

Originally posted by Stan Switek
          Speaking of long guns, has anyone seen the video of our guys sniping the Taliban at long range in Afganistan? WOW!
          Got a link to that?

"I'm gonna get me a Tal-EEEE-ban. Yes I AM!"

Comment

Try ogrish.com

Comment

There is no logical argument for either.

Try ogrish.com

It amazes me how they obtained some of that footage.

TGY
              Disclaimer: The writer does not represent any organization, employer, entity or other individual. The views expressed are those only of the writer. In the case of a sarcastic, facetious, nonsensical, stirring-the-pot, controversial or devil's advocate-type post, the views expressed may not even reflect those of the writer [This sig stolen from Brickcop who stole it from Frank Booth].

Comment

Well Crap

I CANT GET THE LINK TO LOAD. SEND ME A PM AND I WILL SEND YOU THE LINK TO THE ARMY GUYS WHO ARE "PRARIE DOG HUNTING"

Comment

Originally posted by That Guy
                  There is no logical argument for either.
                  No logical argument for what? Shotguns or rifles? I would agree with you on the shotguns, but I wouldn't go on patrol anymore without a rifle.

Comment

Try ogrish.com
                    Is this the video? --> http://forums.ehowa.com/wmv/marinesniperafghanistan.wmv (Graphic) <--

Comment

Originally posted by mobrien316
                      No logical argument for what? Shotguns or rifles? I would agree with you on the shotguns, but I wouldn't go on patrol anymore without a rifle.

Sorry I was side tracked with Stan's link when I posted. I'd say that both systems have thier purpose and it's a shame that politics play a role with being properly prepared.

TGY
                      Disclaimer: The writer does not represent any organization, employer, entity or other individual. The views expressed are those only of the writer. In the case of a sarcastic, facetious, nonsensical, stirring-the-pot, controversial or devil's advocate-type post, the views expressed may not even reflect those of the writer [This sig stolen from Brickcop who stole it from Frank Booth].

Comment

We have M-4's and shotguns assigned to us. At my current assignment you can take either or both on patrol at will. I hear other stations are a little more anal about it.

Our only issue is that some genious decided that downgrading our full auto rifles to semi was a good thing. The bad guys are getting better toys and we take a step back. You gotta love it.
                        The only thing we have to fear is change itself.

Comment

Originally posted by Migraman
                          We have M-4's and shotguns assigned to us. At my current assignment you can take either or both on patrol at will. I hear other stations are a little more anal about it.

Our only issue is that some genious decided that downgrading our full auto rifles to semi was a good thing. The bad guys are getting better toys and we take a step back. You gotta love it.
                          Since you seem to be upset that someone decided to swap out the auto sear on your rifles, I have a question for you. Just out of curiosity, can you describe for me a situation in law enforcement where a full-auto weapon is an asset rather than a liability?

Comment

Originally posted by mobrien316
                            Since you seem to be upset that someone decided to swap out the auto sear on your rifles, I have a question for you. Just out of curiosity, can you describe for me a situation in law enforcement where a full-auto weapon is an asset rather than a liability?
                            Could the answer be when the bad guys have fully automatic and you don
                            Straight Up

new office pic relocated to: http://truckingamerica.blogspot.com/

Comment

[QUOTE=Straight Up]Could the answer be when the bad guys have fully automatic and you don

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3199 users online. 152 members and 3047 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X