X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cop Killer gets a stay of execution

This was a very happy moment for me when I read this:

State Supreme Court Denies Death Row Appeal
    A man convicted of killing a Cumberland County police officer is scheduled to be executed on Thursday, following denial of his appeal by the Pennsylvania Supreme Court. The state's high court refused to stay the execution of Seifullah Abdul-Salaam. The 31-year-old Abdul-Salaam was convicted in the shooting death of Officer Willis Cole during an armed robbery in New Cumberland in 1994. He was convicted the next year, and a county-level appeal failed in 1998. Attorneys for Abdul-Salaam are expected to file an appeal in federal court.

HARRISBURG

However, my happiness was shortlived and the party is cancelled due to some freakin' idiot judge that decided to grant this scum a stay of execution.
    Will Cole was my friend. I laughed with him, cooked for him (Boy, could that guy EAT!), got drunk with him, and most importantly, had my life saved by him. Will had a son that was 6 months old when he was killed, he had just bought a new house...

I have not forgotten you, my friend... I still miss you and I promise that I will drink one for you on the night that this piece of garbage is sent to hell.

I'm confused, what single judge is higher than the Pennsylvania Supreme Court?

Mike
    "Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world!" -- Captain Lance Murdoch, The Simpsons

Comment

Here's the latest:
      Stay of Execution for Abdul-Salaam
      A federal judge has issued a stay of execution in the case of a Harrisburg man convicted of killing a police officer. Thirty-one-year-old Seifullah Abdul-Salaam was convicted in the 1994 shooting death of New Cumberland police officer Willis Cole during the robbery of a coin shop. He was to die by lethal injection Thursday. Gov. Mark Schweiker will decide whether to sign another death warrant for Abdul-Salaam. If he does so, Abdul-Salaam would have one last appeal to the U.S. Supreme Court.

I will post a web address for Governor Schweiker, later tonight.

Comment

This is ridiculous. A case cannot go from a state supreme court to a Federal District Court, or even a Court of Appeals. It can only be appealed to the SCOTUS. Did he have a seperate federal case going on that went through the federal system?

Obviously there's more to this case than I know, but it sounds like the feds need to butt out. If a state Supreme Court says hang him, hang him!

Mike
        "Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world!" -- Captain Lance Murdoch, The Simpsons

Comment

Email to Governor Schweiker- Ask for New Death Warrant!

Mike-
          Here is the address for the Governor. I would have to agree with you on that one, but I think it is common for death row inmates to have both state and federal appeals going.
          This one is way too close to my heart. I think we should give this ******* the same chance as he gave to Will.
          I encourage everyone to write to Governor Schweiker to ask him to reissue a death warrant for Seifullah Abdul-Salaam, the murderer of Patrolman Willis Cole of the New Cumberland Police Department!

[ 12-10-2002, 11:20 PM: Message edited by: Traffic_Goddess ]

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6193 users online. 335 members and 5858 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X