Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First day at the department

Hey all,

I will be reporting in to my department on Monday as non-sworn to get some paperwork done and get acquainted with the personnel. My academy begins in August. Would it be tactful if I brought in doughnuts or would I be looked upon as a kiss ***? If not, any suggestion other than doughnuts? Thanks.

Smak Smak Smak. Not saying it's a bad idea, but yeah it does look like it.

Comment

Might as well bring some knee pads too, because by the time you get out of the academy that's what the stories being told about you will say.

Just show up on time, keep your mouth shut, and for God's sake don't try to impress anyone with how tough you are, how much you know, or all the things you've done in your life.
      Cogito ergo summopere periculosus.

Comment

Friends of mine in the FD always tell their recruits to bring ice cream. Good to know though.

Comment

haha

doughnuts, haha...

...if not doughnuts try bacon
          "For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil." ~ Romans 13:4

Comment

Since I have been on, just about every academy class has had an officer in a shooting within 6 months of graduating. A guy from my class was shot 2 months after graduation. There is no honeymoon for rookies.

Comment

No!!!!

One thing that you will learn on this job is that your reputation will follow you throughout your career. That reputation starts on day one. If you want your co-workers telling stories behind your back about you bringing donuts to work, by all means go for it. I would suggest being on time, staying quiet and just observing what goes on. Eventually, people will warm up to you and include you in what goes on.
              "You didn't think we give pretty women tickets? You're right, we don't."

Comment

Do not bring it in on your own. You should be the gopher when they get the order together. Keep your mouth shut, and your ears and eyes open.

Good luck

Sammy
                If I could keep one heart from breaking, I shall not live in vain. If I could ease one life the aching or cool one pain; or lift a fainting robin unto it's nest again, I shall not live in vain. Emily Dickinson
                www.samanthafund.com

Comment

Just lay low and stay quiet. If you want to get noticed in a positive way, get outstanding test scores in the academy.
                  Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

Originally posted by mobrien316
                    Might as well bring some knee pads too, because by the time you get out of the academy that's what the stories being told about you will say.

Just show up on time, keep your mouth shut, and for God's sake don't try to impress anyone with how tough you are, how much you know, or all the things you've done in your life.
                    Perfectly said. Don't bring anything round with a hole in it unless......well nevermind. Just don't bring Donuts.
                    I drive way too fast to worry about cholesterol.

"Why didn't you put that out on the radio?"
                    "I don't know Sarge, I guess I got caught up in the moment"
                    "The MOMENT is when we F--king need you!" - K-9 Sgt Myhre to unidentified Officer

In Valor there is Hope

Comment

Thanks for the info

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5543 users online. 324 members and 5219 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X