300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 weeks down, 19 to go

2 weeks in the books at police academy. All academics so far, and lots of it. Covered enough topics in criminal justice and law to fill a whole semester. First test is next week. Studying and notecards for me all week.

No PT yet- that starts on the 25th I think. 1.5 to 3 mile runs to start out leading up to firearms, vehicle operations and DT in August. Cant wait for it. Any advice/suggestions for DT. Heard its basically 3 weeks of kicking and getting the **** kicked out of you and going through a bottle of Advil just to keep from being so sore. Again, cant wait
    "Hey handsome...catch any speeders today" ???

Good luck with it.

Comment

whats your opinion so far on the cms curriculum? me and my classmates didn't care for it. make sure you study those objectives in the beginning of each module/lesson, thats where a lot of test questions come from. flashcards are the way to go.

good luck!

Comment

I have heard from several sources that you are exactly right- the objectives comprise a great majority of the tests. I like the curriculum so far- scenarios and situations are straightforward and really make you think.

Comment

That's cool! I am looking forward to a running commentary on your experience, since mine is probably going to be along the same lines, curriculum-wise.

Comment

there's this thing called SECURE, this will drive you crazy . Make sure, if at all possible, that your academy will let you go over your tests after you take them. State exam is 250 questions very similar to ones on tests.

DT tip... advil, ice, especially in the beginning when you learn how to fall and roll. have fun
            Last edited by smalls545; 07-15-2005, 01:54 PM.

Comment

Safety
              Ethics
              Community
              Understanding
              Response
              Evaluation

I have no idea what your talking about ha ha

Comment

Someone is paying attention in class , after Mod 6 i think... and the 10,000th time answering the same question, you'll see what i mean

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6817 users online. 362 members and 6455 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X