300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• By By Sex Offenders

The talk on another thread reminded me of this.

Our Governer just signed a new law giving the County Sheriffs the O.K. to post pictures of the offenders on the Sex Offenders list. At least we are heading in the right direction. It might already be this way elsewhere but it is new to us. Now if the dirtbag changes his name, we still know what he looks like.

Sounds good to me. Post em at all grocery stores, gas pumps, school offices, and parks.
    "I only had a couple!"

Comment

Sex Offenders list

A couple of years ago, while assigned to CID, I got report from a sexual predator complaining about the neighbors who had put up hundreds of his photos all over the area they lived. You know, bus stops, grocery stores, gas station, telephone poles, I mean everywhere. They had spotlights on poles shining into their house, played loud music, I mean these people were dedicated
      This mutt felt he was being stalked and tried to file charges against one of his neighbors. I read the report and refused to assign the case. Our laws here in Florida provide for public disclosure/display. He and his wife complained up the chain of command and managed to get the report sent to the States Attorney's Office. They, of course, declined to file the charges. The POS, his wife and their attorney came into my office for a taped interview with one of my detectives. As they were leaving I made sure they saw me spraying disinfectant about the room.
      The predator list is harder to get on than the offender list. As I recall it requires a greater degree of danger to the public and being charges/convicted more than once.

Comment

Utah Sex Offenders

A student at the University of Utah designed this website. It cross references with the Utah Sex Offender Registry and actually maps them in comparison to your address. Then it shows all their information; Level of the charges, type of victims, known vehicles, age, and a picture if there is one on file.

Awesome reference information. Although I considered putting my house on the market after finding there are 42 within a 2 mile radius of my house.

http://www.utah-sex-offenders.com

Comment

Good luck finding anywhere in Utah that doesn't have 42 sex offenders within a 2 mile radius.

I bet most of them are for solicitation of a minor over the internet.

Comment

Originally posted by chiefhuntr
            The talk on another thread reminded me of this.

Our Governer just signed a new law giving the County Sheriffs the O.K. to post pictures of the offenders on the Sex Offenders list. At least we are heading in the right direction. It might already be this way elsewhere but it is new to us. Now if the dirtbag changes his name, we still know what he looks like.

Way to go!

Comment

In OK it is harder to obtain photos of offinders...what could we do to get these?

Comment

Originally posted by parkplase
                In OK it is harder to obtain photos of offinders...what could we do to get these?
                In SC, the offender has to register with the Sheriff's Ofc. of the county in which he resides. A digi cam and computer were supplied to each County by the State for this and after the form is filed, the Photo goes onto the website. The whole thing was written into law, so possibly your law needs amended.

http://www.sled.state.sc.us/default.htm
                Do you realize that in about 40 years, we'll have thousands of old ladies running around with tattoos?
                --------------------------------------------------
                Common sense... the LEAST COMMON of all of the senses.
                --------------------------------------------------
                Why are hemorrhoids called "hemorrhoids" instead of "assteroids"?

Comment

Yup

I Have To Go With Creeker On This One. The Law That Was Just Passed Here Said It Was Ok To Add The Photos. Before, The Law Did Not Say You Could And Did Not Say You Couldn't. Lawyers Got Involved So He Had To Change The Law. :d

Comment

I am absolutely in favor of adding photos, NC has done it for awhile. The real problem is that the websites are far from accurate, and I attribute this to a lack of enforcement efforts, and a lack of follow through on the part of the entire system.

On a related note, I am curious if anybody has had any success tracking sex offenders who moved into your jurisdiction and failed to register. Finding the ones who fail to change their address is not hard, but I am looking for any tactics to identify and track down those who just fail to register. If you have any ideas, send me pm.

Comment

Whats Up With This

Originally posted by chiefhuntr
                      I Have To Go With Creeker On This One. The Law That Was Just Passed Here Said It Was Ok To Add The Photos. Before, The Law Did Not Say You Could And Did Not Say You Couldn't. Lawyers Got Involved So He Had To Change The Law. :d
                      BEFORE ANYONE JUMPS ME ABOUT THIS,

i kNOW i dID nOT tYPE iT wITH tHE fIRST lETTER oF eACH wORD iN cAPS. i hAVE nO iDEA hOW tHAT hAPPENED?

Comment

We are good to go in Arkansas.
                        ACIC-Sex Offenders-example

Comment

Hopefully all of our legislators are getting the message. I am all for people getting a second chance and a fair opportunity to get back on correct path, but it just "ain't happnen" with these offenders.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2897 users online. 184 members and 2713 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X