Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Well I'm not a cop, but at least my conditions are improving.

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well I'm not a cop, but at least my conditions are improving.

This weekend I start a new job with a company providing armed security with different locations.

Right now I will be working in a shopping center (strip mall).

They pay the same as my currant job, but this is a lot less stressful.

We carry our own firearms, but are not supposed to interfere with any robbery/irate customers. But get involved if it ever comes to life or death.

I don't see it as my stepping stone into LE, but at least I'll get some idea of what security is all about.

I'll be getting another holster for my Sig P226, I'm thinking about the Bianchi Model 82 "CarryLok" Right now I have the Galco Fletch, but the only retention it has is a thumb break, the Model 82 is an open top, but it has a middle finger release and locks itself into the holster when you holster it.

Any advice about how to handle myself? (Besides the obvious "Don't turn into Farva") As I said, I know i'm not "the law" I just want to do a good job and not make everyone else think of the typical mall security guard when they see me. ie: Mustard stained shirt with beer goggle glasses...shirt won't stay tucked in...
    A true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.

-GK Chesterton

Handle yourself like a professional.
    You have no right to not be offended.-Neal Boortz

Comment

Originally posted by Centurion44
      Handle yourself like a professional.
      +1 Also remember what your job is. Don't over step your boudaries. When you start look at your coworkers who have been there a while, try not to become them.
      I used secuirty as a stepping stone until I was old enough to be hired. Staying in a "related" field helps. I also got to know some officers thus learning about the department I wanted to be with from the inside.

TGY
      Disclaimer: The writer does not represent any organization, employer, entity or other individual. The views expressed are those only of the writer. In the case of a sarcastic, facetious, nonsensical, stirring-the-pot, controversial or devil's advocate-type post, the views expressed may not even reflect those of the writer [This sig stolen from Brickcop who stole it from Frank Booth].

Comment

I like this company because the first question they asked me was what I was going to school for. He then told me they only hire currant/former LEO or people that are going into the field. They didn't just want warm bodies to fill a uniform. They also require me to take a gun safety course within the next few weeks, which will also count toward my CCW.
        A true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.

-GK Chesterton

Comment

Although every security officer claims to know their role many of them will start to play cop after a few boring shifts. Endless laps in a security vehicle with the flashing amber light has been known to drive wannabes to unfathomable feats of goofiness.

Ironically and much to their horror, they usually play cop (unknowingly) to an off duty cop who took up a space and a half in the mall parking lot.
          Disclaimer: The writer does not represent any organization, employer, entity or other individual. The first amendment protected views/commentary/opinions/satire expressed are those only of the writer. In the case of a sarcastic, facetious, nonsensical, stirring-the-pot, controversial or devil's advocate-type post, the views expressed may not even reflect those of the writer.

Comment

observe and report, thats it!!

Comment

Brick, ya made me laugh...

We don't drive vehicles, because if we did, we couldn't carry the weapon. Since we are armed, we just walk around the store, and make eye contact with the people that come in. I took it as we are a deterrant, not an enforcement agency. We really give a crap what happens in the store, so long as noone gets hurt. It isn't our stuff, the store we work in pays us to be there.

As you said, the only thing I'm worried about is the extreme bordom that is sure to come with it. I am looking at it like this: I'm making the same wage as I did at my old job, and I'm not running around like a chicken with my head cut off.

-GK Chesterton

Comment

Keep your shoes shined!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5135 users online. 305 members and 4830 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X