X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• zap
    replied
    Originally posted by trpr2b
    Am I the only one with reading comprehension skills? The way I see it is there is want to be's and there are wannabes. A want-to-be is trying to be a cop and doesn't pretend to be one now. A wanna-be "wishes" they were a cop and tells everyone else on this board that they are a cop and gives out advice on the Ask A Cop section as though they are a cop.

Well said. What always was confusing to me, is the 'cops' on the board who get bent out of shape when a want-to-be tries to participate in a discussion, calling them wannabes. The general version is that the want-to-bes are lumped with the wannabes and are treated rudely and told they have no idea what they are talking about. In fact, however, that is not always the case.

This makes me wonder about the professionalism of those 'cop' posters and why they think pinning on a badge suddenly makes them correct when the day before they were a wannabe. I just don't get that part.

As for the missinfo on the profile....I won't post my correct birthdate either. There is no need to do so. I don't think it should even be asked for. ....you will notice however that I do not claim to be a cop in my profile...

Leave a comment:

• trpr2b
    replied
    Am I the only one with reading comprehension skills? The way I see it is there is want to be's and there are wannabes. A want-to-be is trying to be a cop and doesn't pretend to be one now. A wanna-be "wishes" they were a cop and tells everyone else on this board that they are a cop and gives out advice on the Ask A Cop section as though they are a cop.

You guys can call it ironic if you wish but I disagree. If you read my user name, my little saying underneath or my profile it is plain to see that I am not currently a cop nor do I claim to be one.

and that my friends is the difference in a want-to-be and a wannabe.

If anybody disagrees that's fine too, opinions are like....well...you know.

Leave a comment:

• Radio
    replied
    I want some Badge Bunnies...... ooop i ment Cop Groupies.

Leave a comment:

• Kevin_Callahan
    replied
    Originally posted by stalker3
    A thread is started by a WANNABE who has a moniker that screams "I am a WANNABE" that criticizes some other WANNABEs for acting like WANNABEs and gives advice to other WANNABEs on a web forum that seems to have a ton of WANNABEs, those that used to be WANNABEs but are now IAMs, and cop groupies (God bless the cop groupies).

I love irony.
    Here Here!

"Only believe half of what you see and none of what you hear."

Leave a comment:

• stalker3
    replied
    I Love Irony

A thread is started by a WANNABE who has a moniker that screams "I am a WANNABE" that criticizes some other WANNABEs for acting like WANNABEs and gives advice to other WANNABEs on a web forum that seems to have a ton of WANNABEs, those that used to be WANNABEs but are now IAMs, and cop groupies (God bless the cop groupies).

I love irony.

Leave a comment:

• Creeker
    replied
    For the record, I always lie about my DOB on the Internet questions. It hasn't cost me a prize yet.

Neither will I give out my SS.

Thanx for understanding. If you don't, then Bite me.

Leave a comment:

• gotthblues
    replied
    Originally posted by Tennsix
    Goats are ok but dogs (quadruped or bipedal) will get you tossed.

Most of the people that come here to ask that question already know the answer. I would bet that some have already been shown the door-more than a couple times.
    totally,,,most of the ?'s are no brainers,,you ve just gotta tolerate it,,,cause its the same on the street as it is behind the screen. like i said,,people are mesmirized by the badge and uniform ,,so its just a part of it,,,
    thanks for the reassurance,,i was kinda worried bout the goats,,,but i swear officer,i was just helping him over the fence.

Leave a comment:

• Java King
    replied
    Originally posted by Tennsix

Most of the people that come here to ask that question already know the answer. I would bet that some have already been shown the door-more than a couple times.

If not, people here usually show them the door.

Leave a comment:

• Tennsix
    replied

Leave a comment:

• gotthblues
    replied
    does that mean the goat thing is okay ,,i agree totally, but what do expect to hear a person wanting to be a LEO to ask,,,they arent going to ask in depth questions about LE, cause most dont know anything about it,,anyway i dont know where i was going with that,,,however like i said some where earlier (i forgot where) most in not all LEO get irriatated at the public,,i know i did,,but a cop is in the position that makes everyone curious,,its mystic,,,but you have to be professional when you are irritated,,wait,,i think i got off track,,sorry bout that,,,ohh crap,,never mind i'll just quit typing...

Leave a comment:

• Tennsix
    replied
    Your point is well received. Unfit applicants do manage to get hired and the PD

Leave a comment:

• gotthblues
    replied
    [QUOTE=Tennsix]I disagree.

The fundamentals of policing are the same everywhere. Statutes might very slightly from state to state and policy at PD

Leave a comment:

• Tennsix
    replied
    ...so basically if you ask for advise looking for a concrete answer, well youre gonna get, ohhhhh, 600 guadlibillon different answers,,everywhere has different opinions and policies,,so getting bad advice is a mut point,,because it is probably all different anyway,,even from the "real police"
    I disagree.

The fundamentals of policing are the same everywhere. Statutes might very slightly from state to state and policy at PD
    Last edited by Tennsix; 07-13-2005, 06:41 PM.

Leave a comment:

• toni_tk
    replied
    Everyone is guilty until proven innocent in this world today.

Leave a comment:

• gotthblues
    replied
    my only question is, do you believe everything you read....i see your point and its valid, but crap you cant believe everything you read in newspapers, so why should this be any different. besides,,as far as asking for advice, well there are 50 states, forgive me im not good at math,,and i dont know how many counties and pds within those counties,,so basically if you ask for advise looking for a concrete answer, well youre gonna get, ohhhhh, 600 guadlibillon different answers,,everywhere has different opinions and policies,,so getting bad advice is a mut point,,because it is probably all different anyway,,even from the "real police"

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3986 users online. 265 members and 3721 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X