300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reasons not to be a Wanna Be.

OK folks, I'm starting this thread. I can't tell you how many threads I've read in the last month where someone replys and says, I did this and I did that on an arrest or out in the field and you click on their profile and they say they are a sworn LEO then you either do the math and figure out that they are 14 years old or you read later on in the thread where they say something like 5 years ago I hooked a guy for X,Y or Z and then you do the math and see that the profile says they have 2 years experience as an LEO.

Here is the moral of the story if you come on to a LEO board and LIE on questions to your profile not only do you need to be banned from this board but you really have no business attempting to be a LEO. It has been my experience that people that LIE about the little things when there's no reason/consequence will most certainly LIE about the big/important stuff.

If you WANT TO BE an officer that is great. Work hard, train hard, keep your nose clean and apply with the rest of us. If you are a WANNA BE (read Wolverine and the like) then just buy a used Crown Vic, tell everybody in a yahoo chat room what you keep trying to tell everyone here and stop cluttering up officer.com.

Just my .02,

TRPR2B
    Be a leader, not a follower

What about a Fed Cop with two years experience (whatever that means)?

Of course we'll have to disregard the 23 years military experience.

Street cops rule, we all know that.
    Kelly

We are the thin blue line
    between you
    and all the money in the world.

And no you can't have any.

Comment

Hey Sarge, are US Army tankers deftly terrified of apricots like their Marine counterparts? And while you may be some kind of Fed cop, I'm some kind of snot nosed civilian kid.
      Hail hail the gang's all here, when the going gets tough I know my friends will still be there. - Drop Kick Murphys, "The Gang's all Here"

Comment

Originally posted by Welpe
        And while you may be some kind of Fed cop, I'm some kind of snot nosed civilian kid.
        I don't care who you are, that's funny right there
        Still leading the team in PIMs, the fans are calling me a goon.
        --------------------
        This is Papa Bear. Put out an APB for a male suspect, driving a... car of some sort, heading in the direction of, uh, you know, that place that sells chili. Suspect is hatless. Repeat, hatless.

Comment

"Hey Sarge, are US Army tankers deftly terrified of apricots like their Marine counterparts?"

Nah, but I only had the C ration ones, maybe the new-fangled MRE ones are different.
          Kelly

between you

Comment

And while you may be some kind of Fed cop, I'm some kind of snot nosed civilian kid."

You forgot - wet behind the ears.

Kelly

between you

Comment

We The REAL POlICE are damn good at what we do.

Comment

Originally posted by trpr2b
                OK folks, I'm starting this thread. I can't tell you how many threads I've read in the last month where someone replys and says, I did this and I did that on an arrest or out in the field and you click on their profile and they say they are a sworn LEO then you either do the math and figure out that they are 14 years old or you read later on in the thread where they say something like 5 years ago I hooked a guy for X,Y or Z and then you do the math and see that the profile says they have 2 years experience as an LEO.

Here is the moral of the story if you come on to a LEO board and LIE on questions to your profile not only do you need to be banned from this board but you really have no business attempting to be a LEO. It has been my experience that people that LIE about the little things when there's no reason/consequence will most certainly LIE about the big/important stuff.

If you WANT TO BE an officer that is great. Work hard, train hard, keep your nose clean and apply with the rest of us. If you are a WANNA BE (read Wolverine and the like) then just buy a used Crown Vic, tell everybody in a yahoo chat room what you keep trying to tell everyone here and stop cluttering up officer.com.

Just my .02,

TRPR2B
                Ok now im confused. Your profile says you're not a cop. Can you clarify? I am a cop, have been for 18 year (WHich includes some time as a specialty cop with another city + 10 years a a regular cop in my current job) not bragging its just what I do, yet I am not all that concerned about non cop messages as long as theyre informed and well thought out. Either way I agree with the premise of just being who you are and being up front about it.
                Originally posted by FJDave
                GM, you have just set the bar that much higher for the rest of us in our witty, sarcastic responses. I yield to you! Good job, kind Sir!

District B13
                "We are not cops nor Feds." yet he still poses as an officer Hmmmm

Grant us grace, fearlessly, to contend against evil and to make no peace with oppression.--WWII memorial

"I have loved justice and hated iniquity, therefore I die in exile."

Pope Gregory V II

Comment

The only way to verify that someone is a LEO is call their precinct, station, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Garbage Man
                    Ok now im confused. Your profile says you're not a cop. Can you clarify? I am a cop, have been for 18 year (WHich includes some time as a specialty cop with another city + 10 years a a regular cop in my current job) not bragging its just what I do, yet I am not all that concerned about non cop messages as long as theyre informed and well thought out. Either way I agree with the premise of just being who you are and being up front about it.
                    Yes, I will clarify....I am not a cop (not yet, but hopeful. I am going through the applications process with my local PD right now). What I was saying is that it gets irratating when you come to this board (especially the Ask a Cop) section with legitimate questions and people who aren't really Cops but claim to be chime in with war stories and opinions without experience. I was addressing those WannaBe's.

Sorry if I wasn't clear and thanks for the reply.
                    Be a leader, not a follower

Comment

Originally posted by trpr2b
                      What I was saying is that it gets irratating when you come to this board (especially the Ask a Cop) section with legitimate questions and people who aren't really Cops but claim to be chime in with war stories and opinions without experience. I was addressing those WannaBe's.
                      So don't read their replies then.
                      That's right, bring me my royal coffee!

Comment

As I recall they used to have a verified situation here, but no longer? When I first read the requirements I got the impression being a former officer did not qualify, so I let it go. I am verified on another forum.

So, question here is if I had cared to share all the details in my profile, I would claim I have a BA degree, over 15 years LE experience, and 30 years as a private arson/fraud investigator. Yet I was born in 1952. How'd I do that?

Comment

my only question is, do you believe everything you read....i see your point and its valid, but crap you cant believe everything you read in newspapers, so why should this be any different. besides,,as far as asking for advice, well there are 50 states, forgive me im not good at math,,and i dont know how many counties and pds within those counties,,so basically if you ask for advise looking for a concrete answer, well youre gonna get, ohhhhh, 600 guadlibillon different answers,,everywhere has different opinions and policies,,so getting bad advice is a mut point,,because it is probably all different anyway,,even from the "real police"

Comment

Everyone is guilty until proven innocent in this world today.

Comment

...so basically if you ask for advise looking for a concrete answer, well youre gonna get, ohhhhh, 600 guadlibillon different answers,,everywhere has different opinions and policies,,so getting bad advice is a mut point,,because it is probably all different anyway,,even from the "real police"
                              I disagree.

The fundamentals of policing are the same everywhere. Statutes might very slightly from state to state and policy at PD
                              Last edited by Tennsix; 07-13-2005, 06:41 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6735 users online. 383 members and 6352 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X