300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Homeland Security Money

Anybody see that segment on 60 minutes last night about where all the damn Homeland Security money is going?? Leave it to the government to take away money from COPS programs and spend it on useless $hit like they mentioned.
    Why are there so many babies on O.com? Creole, you and your buddy JPSO Recruit help me out on this one....

* "Preach always, if necessary, use words!" St Francis of Assisi

* Luke Chapter 6, Verses 27-36

I haven't seen the program but I have read stories about agencies buying useless or completly unrelated items.
    From what I understand is that if you purchase items not outlined in the grant you have to payback they money.
    Some departments were buying very exspensive meals, huge boats for small lakes. My dept. winged some money to use on foot patrol in a downtown park running off runaways.

TGY
    Disclaimer: The writer does not represent any organization, employer, entity or other individual. The views expressed are those only of the writer. In the case of a sarcastic, facetious, nonsensical, stirring-the-pot, controversial or devil's advocate-type post, the views expressed may not even reflect those of the writer [This sig stolen from Brickcop who stole it from Frank Booth].

Comment

Homeland In-security

Thanks to homeland security, the money that my hometown's PD used to get to cover a good portion of their budget has been reallocated.

Now, in order to make sure the FD & PD get the money they need, 2 millages are up for vote on Aug. 2. The 1st to renew the old one, and the 2nd to be added on in order to cover the loss of federal grant money to our public safety agencies.

Unfortunately, I live in a town dominated by self-serving Republicans that try to curry favor and influence our council.

Why? Because they have a problem with the township building a new municipal facility to replace an aging one in a location where they wanted to establish their businesses.

Some say that what they really have a problem with is paying an extra $9/yr. in taxes. Riiiiight. Besides the fact that we have the lowest tax rates in my county and the township's budget is in the black, $9 more per year is the cost of 2 happy meals at McDonald's.

Just another reason why I dislike Republicrats as much as I dislike Democans.

Comment

but the question is.... will all this money even stop another well planned attack?? i HOPE so, but sadly i think for people who are willing to killthemselves for their cause, this will do little to stop them. i too agree money would be better spent elsewhere... SPECIALLY not when police LOSE money to cover the costs

Comment

Originally posted by MAD_MAX333
          but the question is.... will all this money even stop another well planned attack?? i HOPE so, but sadly i think for people who are willing to killthemselves for their cause, this will do little to stop them. i too agree money would be better spent elsewhere... SPECIALLY not when police LOSE money to cover the costs
          For most agencies it won't help because of the "upper half". Someof the money has been moved for non-public safety items. ALL of our grant was given to SWAT to train and all thier new toys. Patrol just got some low level gas masks....Blue Canaries.

TGY
          Disclaimer: The writer does not represent any organization, employer, entity or other individual. The views expressed are those only of the writer. In the case of a sarcastic, facetious, nonsensical, stirring-the-pot, controversial or devil's advocate-type post, the views expressed may not even reflect those of the writer [This sig stolen from Brickcop who stole it from Frank Booth].

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6383 users online. 379 members and 6004 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X