300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Life is good

It's a beautiful day here in Central Florida.

Although I feel for the people in the Panhandle, I'm glad we are not getting hit with this Hurricane. Three last year was enough for a while.

The nice thing is Hurricane Dennis is throwing of some beautiful weather. I got out of my car and the wind is blowing enough to shake the trees but not nearly fast enough to be dangerous.

The humidity may still be here but it doesn't feel like a sauna out of the car for once! Plus I remembered to "powder up" today. A little baby powder on the chest, and yam bags does wonders on keeping you comfortable.

Just got moved into my new townhouse (by myself, no more wifey wife) and it's great. It will be great to be the only one messing up the place. When I put something down, it stays there until I pick it up. Water Company messed up and have no water until Monday but it's ok. Thank God for showers at the staion! My brother does a pug rescue and found a dog I think I'm going to take. Life is good.

Having all kinds of fun at work, doing the best kind of police work. Driving fast, chasing people, avoid unneeded paperwork. I have a beautiful picture of a light pole snapped off it's base, hanging at a forty five degree angle supported only by some sort of wires. Some driver plowed into it. At five in the morning that's just a recipe for fun.

At first we were a little skeptical. Live wires and curiosity can equal fried dead cops with a side of "I told you so." Especially with all the wires hanging over our heads ready to come down. But they we were sitting there for a few minutes and we lost our fear.

Then we got stupi....er curious.

"I bet we can knock the light post down all the way."

"Probably"

"Ok, do it"

"No way, you do it"

"Come on man they're going to have to bring it down to fix it. There's no one around"

"Ok, let's both do it"

We searched but couldn't find anything that was big enough to knock the pole down, but light enough to throw.

Then we got other stupid ideas.

"Hey look at those two wires that are coming out of the base of where the light post was. Betcha they are live."

"Bet they aren't"

Power company has an eta of 30 minutes and there's no one around.

Gotta test it out. For purely scientific purposes.

"Hey grab this peice of metal, and throw it on the wires. See if it sparks and melts."

And that's what we did.

We threw car parts, peices of a street sign, and even a plastic bumper. Sadly it appears the lines shut off or something when it was hit. No Hawaii-Mt. Vesuvius fire works display for us.

We were disappointed, but you have to enjoy the small things in life.

It finally stopped raining, I'm going to head downtown and check out the crowds. I hope everyone has a good, and safe saturday night.

Oh and does anyone know an easy FTP program to host pictures? I think I get some webspace through AOL, or Adelphia or something.

Be careful and watch our for your buddies out there.
    Last edited by davidh304; 07-10-2005, 12:05 AM.
    I drive way too fast to worry about cholesterol.

"Why didn't you put that out on the radio?"
    "I don't know Sarge, I guess I got caught up in the moment"
    "The MOMENT is when we F--king need you!" - K-9 Sgt Myhre to unidentified Officer

In Valor there is Hope

Originally posted by davidh304
    It's a beautiful day here in Central Florida.

Although I feel for the people in the Panhandle, I'm glad we are not getting hit with this Hurricane. Three last year was enough for a while.

.... My brother does a pug rescue and found a dog I think I'm going to take. Life is good.
    Oh and does anyone know an easy FTP program to host pictures?
    My nephew is in the Navy in Key West...got evacuated...i think hes used to it after last year...

Good luck with the dog...dogs always make things better...especially dogs that are rescued

I use www.pbase.com to host my pics.

Comment

I wouldn't have wanted to be in the Keys last year! Thanks for he pbase tip.

edit: I had a whole rant about the fact that we switched the alcohol gel/hand sanitizer we use from purel to gelright. Purel bottles fit perfecly in the door pocket of a crown vic, where as the new bottles which are round do not.

However my rant lacked...something. Maybe it was missing anger and frustration or maybe the post just lacked polish.

Either way I wasn't happy with it and deleted it.
      Last edited by davidh304; 07-10-2005, 02:28 AM.
      I drive way too fast to worry about cholesterol.

"Why didn't you put that out on the radio?"
      "I don't know Sarge, I guess I got caught up in the moment"
      "The MOMENT is when we F--king need you!" - K-9 Sgt Myhre to unidentified Officer

In Valor there is Hope

Comment

Well, you sound like you got it made for now. Congratulations. I've got nothing but a bucket of uncertainty, doubts, and anxiety sitting on my shoulders. w00t for me!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3223 users online. 152 members and 3071 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X