X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dnaboy2021
    replied
    gas prices

it was about 3.15 here for a while (California) but has settled a little bit, now its more around the 2.75 area...

Leave a comment:

• Creeker
    replied
    When I was a kid I remember pumping gas at my Grandfather's Gulf gas station and I swear the price was around .34 - .37 gal.

Can anyone tell me why gas stayed at that price for years, where today it is changing a couple of times a day? Is it simply OPEC?

Leave a comment:

• gotthblues
    replied
    Originally posted by lawdog1971
    Thank god for the take-home car.
    no kidding, i miss that part of it,,we not only had take homes, but we could drive them off duty as well,,,(milk, snuff, clothes) whatever, as long as it was in the city limits. it took me about 6 months or more to put 3000 miles on my truck.

Leave a comment:

• Puget Sound
    replied
    $2.49

There's nothing that will get people bitching like gas prices.

But I guess we do have to keep in perspective, as another poster pointed out, that if we account for inflation, gas prices are very low.

Lowest I remember was $0.89 a gallon. I remember people starting to bitch when it was $1.40. Hahaha, right now we'd give an arm and a leg to get the prices back to $1.40.

And yeah, WTF, where's all my Iraqi oil?!

Leave a comment:

• lawdog1971
    replied
    Thank god for the take-home car.

Leave a comment:

• Sgt Lobster
    replied
    An Imperial gallon is about 20% larger than an American gallon.

Lobster.

Leave a comment:

• Straight Up
    replied
    Ok .... 150 to 200 gallons a pop

$2.25 to $2.60 a gallon

Three to four times a week

Who needs health insurance or a retirement plan anyway

Leave a comment:

• Creeker
    replied
    Originally posted by gotthblues
    dang,,is that 7.05 american for a gallon
    He said an Imperial Gallon, which is different than our Gallon, but I don't remember which way.

This would be a better thread if some of ya'll who don't ID your location wouldn't say " It's $xxxx here".

We are now at $2.12 for Regular, which jumped from $1.99 overnight.

Anybody ever used http://www.gaspricewatch.com/USGas_index.asp ?

Leave a comment:

• Airforcop
    replied
    $2.06/gal for the cheap stuff

Leave a comment:

• gotthblues
    replied
    [QUOTE=Sgt Lobster]How about paying around $7.05 for an Imperial gallon of unleaded? We have now hit the

Leave a comment:

• Sgt Lobster
    replied
    How about paying around $7.05 for an Imperial gallon of unleaded? We have now hit the

Leave a comment:

• m_chevy
    replied
    Winner, Winner, Winner

Originally posted by wilrobnson
    $3.45 here, but that's because it's flown in.

$2.58/ Gallon + 2001 Dodge Ram Q-Cab (12.2 MPG)= Freakin' Expensive.

Leave a comment:

• Matto
    replied
    Originally posted by keith758
    We pay $2.37 a gallon for regular. Now, I'm an old fart, and I can remember paying .35 a gallon when I started driving back in '71. I was only making $1.20 an hour at a restaurant, so that .35 was more than a third of my hourly pay. If the price of gas had risen in comparison to my pay, I'd be paying over $10.00 a gallon today. So, putting things in perspective, I guess I can't B!tch and moan too loud! Still, I wish it was cheaper, so I, as well as everyone, do complain about it.
    Thing that ****es me off is how fast its gone up in the short amount of time. When I was like 12 (6 years ago) I remember gas was still double digits.

Leave a comment:

• keith758
    replied
    We pay $2.37 a gallon for regular. Now, I'm an old fart, and I can remember paying .35 a gallon when I started driving back in '71. I was only making $1.20 an hour at a restaurant, so that .35 was more than a third of my hourly pay. If the price of gas had risen in comparison to my pay, I'd be paying over $10.00 a gallon today. So, putting things in perspective, I guess I can't B!tch and moan too loud! Still, I wish it was cheaper, so I, as well as everyone, do complain about it.

Leave a comment:

• DoTheNumbers
    replied
    Originally posted by Matto
    I wish we were using water powered vehicles or something.
    Have you looked at the price of bottled water lately? I will pay for the gas

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3072 users online. 212 members and 2860 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X