Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Christmas Cookies and Baking! Mmmmmmm Recipes!

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christmas Cookies and Baking! Mmmmmmm Recipes!

I remember last year we talked about what we were baking for Christmas, the cookies and the special Peanut Butter stuff. I remember Peanut Butter anything was a HOT ITEM!

What will you be baking specialthis year?

PLEASSSSE, if you have a good recipe share it.

Have any of you ever gone to a "cookie party", where everyone brings tons of cookies and trades them and goes home with a ton of different cookies? Those are kinda neat. I went to my first one a couple years ago with store bought cookies and felt really guilty when I saw the work and effort people put into these cookie parties. Thank God, my cookies were homemade, just by someone else!

Do you take baked goods as host gifts when you go visiting?

17 Cooking Days Left!!

Take a big can of yams and drain them. Dump this into a bread pan. Open a regular size can of peaches and drain them. Dump this on the yams. dump about a cup od cashews on the peach yam mix. Mix it up. Dump about a quarter cup of brown sugar on this mix. Dot with butter. Cover with tin foil from a hat you no longer use.

Bake at 350 for 30 minutes. Eat it.

Comment

Can of yams? I thought yams were orange potatoes and you peeled them. Actually, I have seen cans of potatoes but never a can of yams. Yams are the potatoes I have to buy a couple of every year for Christmas dinner because there is always someone that wants a yam. YAM IT!

[ 12-08-2002, 02:33 PM: Message edited by: wonderwoman ]

Comment

Mike, you are a dibetics nightmare! lol But, I'm learning to cok with Splenda and it's ALMOST as good as sugar!

Comment

Sweet potatoes work as well.

Mitzi, you can leave the brown sugar out of it. it's really good.

Comment

*crunch, crunch, mmmmm*

I am eating a christmas cookie right now.

Does that count for sharing???
            [Eek!]
            American by Birth, Aggie By Choice, TEXAN by the grace of God...

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, what matters is the size of the fight in the dog."

Comment

Favorite recipe: Go to local supermarket bakery. Pick up holiday cookie. Take home. Open plastic contianer. Place cookies neatly on plate. Wrap with colorful saran wrap. Discard plastic container. Carry plate to child's school or relative's house. Kiss plate good-bye

Yesterday the kids and i decorated ginger bread houses. Again to the easy why out and bought the house preassembled. Made the frosting myself,(powder sugar, shortening, milk and vanilla). And bought lots of candy!!! Had a blast, and we all had a sugar high.

Comment

I like ANY recipe that starts out with: "Pour two ounces bourbon in the cook. . ."
                6P1 (retired)

Comment

I tried to bake some cookies late last night... here was the recipe I used.

Take roll of dough, slice off 3-4 pieces. Put in oven.... go back to the PC, forget about the cookies.... remember just in time to get them the heck out of the oven and in the trash OUTSIDE before the smoke detector went off. They were totally BLACK... I was lucky it didn't smell up the house. Dang PC... I think I left them in there for over 30 minutes, maybe longer....

I don't recommend this recipe...
                  Have you ever noticed? Anybody going slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac.

Comment

The best Christmas cookie recipes are the ones Mom has. Of course, she doesn't do a lot of baking anymore, so I got copies of them.

Now all I have to do is buy all of the ingredients and about 12 feet of chain and two padlocks. Bring it all home when the wife is there. In a day or two, I'll have lotsa cookies.
                    "All the people like us are we,
                    And everyone else is They"

Comment

Christmas Delight

Ingredients:

(1) can of spray whipped cream
                      (1 or more, depending on your appetite) willing female

Directions:

Shake can vigorously. Results may vary.
                      "When you guys get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a *****."
                      -Commanding General, 1st Marine Division

Comment

OK! OK! A REAAL recipe.....

Hello Dollies

1 pkg of shredded coconut
                        1 pkg of semi-sweet morsels
                        8 oz of chopped pecans/walnuts
                        1 can of condensed milk
                        1 graham cracker pie crust(homemade preferred)

Brown crust. Combine condensed milk and coconut. Pour into crust, Add semi-sweet morsels and chopped nuts(sprinkled on top). Bake at 350* for 30-40 mins until coconut browns.

Cool and cut into 1-inch squares. Serve.

Spiced Tea

COMBINE the following items:

1 container/pkg of instant SWEET iced tea mix
                        1/2 container/pkg of instant lemonade mix
                        1/2 container/pkg of TANG
                        1 bottle of WHOLE cloves

Mix WELL.

Use 3-4 teaspoons per 8-oz coffee mug. Add HOT water to dissolve. Stir well. Sip in front of a roaring fireplace.

[ 12-08-2002, 08:14 PM: Message edited by: shooter1201 ]
                        "When you guys get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a *****."
                        -Commanding General, 1st Marine Division

Comment

Yummy! I just finished baking a whole bunch of cookies with the kids...of course, I'm covered in frosting and candy. Wow!
                          :::::looking for Niteshift to share the wealth::::

Comment

I dont really bake. my sister makes about 8 kind of xmas cookies, i love them all lol. i wont be baking any xmas stuff this year, i have to work too much.

There is a cake i do love to make, tho, called Rocky Road cake (made with a mix). it's easy and rich and delicious. i'll look for the recipe...

[ 12-09-2002, 01:16 AM: Message edited by: jellybean40 ]
                            "You did what you knew how to do...and when you knew better, you did better." ~~Maya Angelou

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5205 users online. 285 members and 4920 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X