X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mr. John Doe
    replied
    Originally posted by TPD Cadet
    The ride to JARC was pretty funny. He was in the back of the cruiser being very quite. I was sitting up front and said..."So, How do you think you did on the math test this morning?". Made for some good conversations at school.

Thats good, I wish I would have arrested some of my classmates when I was on a ride along.

Thats why I am not going to be a cop in my area.

Leave a comment:

• TPD Cadet
    replied
    I didn't arrest him, but I was on a ride-along when we arrested one of my classmates from school.
    Poss of MJ under 20Grams.
    It was funny, as soon as he saw me, his eyes got big as saucers. A K-9 officer walked over to him, and the kid said. "Sir, I know that kid from my school." and the K-9 Officer said "Really?" Then the officer walked over to me and said "Ben, Do you know that kid?" I said "Yep, hes a pretty big pothead" and the officer said, "Well Ill bet some of that pot in the car is his then!"

The ride to JARC was pretty funny. He was in the back of the cruiser being very quite. I was sitting up front and said..."So, How do you think you did on the math test this morning?". Made for some good conversations at school.

Leave a comment:

• CGPD4566
    replied
    Originally posted by Radio
    CGPD4566
    That sounds like a really cool program. Nothing around here like that for me when i was 18 or I would have been all over it. Only vol. fire fighter but who wants all that glory.

Do they give yall a Patrol unit with the lights and stuff or do you have to outfit your PoV? If you have to light up your own car do they give you some sort of compensation?
    Our assigned squad car is always the highest mileage car. Right now, we're working to push this one over our 90,000mile cutoff to get a new squad for the officers, then we take the next highest mileaged squad. They are outfitted with sirens and emergency lights, squad computers, cages, etc. Anything you'd find on a squad car because that's what it is....a squad car.

Leave a comment:

• letshearit4blue
    replied
    Originally posted by River Rat
    Took the city managers son to jail,when I was a leo ,and also attending college,wrote the Mayor's Mother for speeding.
    Oh, please tell me you had a good comeback line when they tried to use their connections to get out of it...

Leave a comment:

• Radio
    replied
    CGPD4566
    That sounds like a really cool program. Nothing around here like that for me when i was 18 or I would have been all over it. Only vol. fire fighter but who wants all that glory.

Do they give yall a Patrol unit with the lights and stuff or do you have to outfit your PoV? If you have to light up your own car do they give you some sort of compensation?

Leave a comment:

• letshearit4blue
    replied
    Originally posted by K9jena
    It was my high school prom dates father.....dwi.
    oh, man the irony...

Leave a comment:

• CGPD4566
    replied
    Welpe, check your PM's I sent you a message. Additionally, we are only allowed to make traffic stops during certain instances such as:

1. Obvious danger to immediate civilians
    2. By order of officer/supervisor
    3. Dangerous situation with knowledge of supervisor.(IE a car going 80/30...just nextel our sergeant and ask what he would like done)

This is basically because of the risk involved. If at any point we DO a traffic stop and the vehicle doesn't comply, we immediatly shut off our lights, discontinue following the vehicle, and make note of it's description and direction of travel. We can also use emergency lights when directed to a large traffic accident or emergency situation. There have been a couple incidents where we were needed ASAP to an accident scene and we use our emergency lights for that.

I don't want to be misconstrued when I say we can do traffic stops, it's not like you think. I believe our reserve force of 15 had made a combined total of 4 traffic stops in the 2004 year(3,000+ hours of support services in 2004). We don't go around making traffic stops, our main focus is park patrol and prisoner transportation. We also handle animal complaints (our Community Service Officers work during the day shifts, not midnights)

Leave a comment:

• Welpe
    replied
    Did a little poking around and found the website for your department. Under the reserves section, it does talk about focused traffic enforcement. Interesting that non-sworn personnel can do that but cool. Sounds like an interesting position!
    Last edited by Welpe; 07-13-2005, 01:02 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Mr. John Doe
    replied
    Originally posted by Welpe
    They let non-sworn reserves in Minnesota makes arrests and pull people over with emergency equipment? I'm not really doubting your claims, I've just never heard of that before.

They also close the state government down for almost a week, due to not deciding on a budget. Only thing that was open is the camp grounds and highway patrol.

Leave a comment:

• Puget Sound
    replied
    In previous threads he has talked about pulling people over and flashing his emergency lights, hence the second part of that question.
    Oh, all right.

Leave a comment:

• Welpe
    replied
    In previous threads he has talked about pulling people over and flashing his emergency lights, hence the second part of that question.

Leave a comment:

• Puget Sound
    replied
    They let non-sworn reserves in Minnesota makes arrests and pull people over with emergency equipment? I'm not really doubting your claims, I've just never heard of that before.
    He said an officer pulled them over, not him.

Leave a comment:

• Welpe
    replied

Leave a comment:

• DaveinUtah
    replied
    Originally posted by jakflak
    That's some awesome experience for someone your age. More power to ya!

That is what I was thinking.

Leave a comment:

• jakflak
    replied
    Originally posted by CGPD4566
    Reserve
    Minimum Age Requirement: 18years

I have power of arrest, but only use it when directed to. I should just list it in my sig so I don't have to continue going through this everytime, lol.
    That's some awesome experience for someone your age. More power to ya!

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3187 users online. 173 members and 3014 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X